SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

• DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Sandy wrote: »
    I have only one comment regarding John Cleese's statement: 586.gif

Exactly what i'm thinking :)
    you'd think he would have more respect for bond, salvaging the later half of his career.

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited November 2014 Posts: 2,667
    Joe Queenan in The Guardian bemoans the current quality of villainous henchmen in modern movies, while reminding us that nobody does it better than Bond:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/oct/30/hollywood-henchmen-turned-into-incompetent-knuckleheads

Let's hope Bautista or whoever can provide a memorable entry in the series next time around...
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Joe Queenan in The Guardian bemoans the current quality of villainous henchmen in modern movies, while reminding us that nobody does it better than Bond:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/oct/30/hollywood-henchmen-turned-into-incompetent-knuckleheads

Let's hope Bautista or whoever can provide a memorable entry in the series next time around...

Hilarious and quite right.
    Praise to the Guardian for allowing delight- and insightful articles (as this is one) to be put to print.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    That is a brilliant article! Thanks for sharing @Tokoloshe.
    NicNac wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote:

Entirely an inappropriate choice for a Bond girl. Never rated her acting skills, which really does belong to British soap operas, never mind a big-budget franchise film. She would be chosen for the same reasons as Denise Richards, and what a misstep that was, but only worse...

I wouldn't dismiss soap actors out of hand. Many great thesps start there, and the rigorous one-take hours they have to keep leads to some quite impressive acting...sometimes.

However, what I have seen of Michelle Keegan does suggest she is eye candy first and foremost, and nicely ticks the box you have created. ;-)

I am not advocating she should get a part in Bond but I actually thought she was pretty good in Corrie. One of the better actors actually. And as you say, plenty of good actors have started off in or done a stint on the Street. Top stars are falling over each other to do a cameo. They even had Ian Mckellan a couple of years ago.
    Sam Mendes puts his successful production company up for sale:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/nov/05/sam-mendes-production-company

This article so closely relates to Goldeneye they even used a screenshot...

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/6190764
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Tokoloshe wrote: »

@tokoloshe this is fantastic, thanks for sharing.

All I wanted was a sweet distraction for an hour or two...
    Shirley Bassey regrets 'wrong notes' in Goldfinger (!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-30132872
  • I miss you too Judi :-< http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11607&t=mi6&s=news. Your last scene, in "Skyfall", was, together with the death of Tracy in "OHMSS" and Vesper in "CR", the most gripping, sad and dramatic moment of the franchise.

Fans underestimate this eh? You're working for about 18 years on the franchise. You saw new Bond actors coming and going. You became good friends with the actors and producers.

And you must come to the "SPECTRE" premiere November 6th in London :-)!
    I think, it could be a good idea to jusr use this excisting thread for all minor news from Spectre, that ABSOLUTELY don't need an own thread. I am still not for having more then one, but if some feel its so urgently needed, we can at least minimize the amont using this one here.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I miss you too Judi :-< http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11607&t=mi6&s=news. Your last scene, in "Skyfall", was, together with the death of Tracy in "OHMSS" and Vesper in "CR", the most gripping, sad and dramatic moment of the franchise.

Fans underestimate this eh? You're working for about 18 years on the franchise. You saw new Bond actors coming and going. You became good friends with the actors and producers.

November 6th?

London?

Check your dates, buddy.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I miss you too Judi :-< http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11607&t=mi6&s=news. Your last scene, in "Skyfall", was, together with the death of Tracy in "OHMSS" and Vesper in "CR", the most gripping, sad and dramatic moment of the franchise.

November 6th?

London?

Check your dates, buddy.

I believe this is correct now, as much as I wanted the UK to get it's usual 2 weeks before the U.S, it appears Spectre is going to be released Nov 6th here and the states.

A theory is that Spectre will have a big twist that might be hard to contain if the UK gets the jump on everyone else.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    The UK release date hasn't been confirmed yet. All they announced last week is that Spectre will open in theatres globally on 6th November 2015. See this article:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11600&t=mi6&s=news
    So you expect London to be different? I mean globally is globally.
    This is how I read it.
    The release date in Germany was announded as 23rd October last week, which I thought unusual as the release dates here are usually later. I would be very susprised if the German release date was earlier than the British one!
  • Sandy wrote: »
    The release date in Germany was announded as 23rd October last week, which I thought unusual as the release dates here are usually later. I would be very susprised if the German release date was earlier than the British one!

Sony France also announces the same date.. but it is definitely prone to error, and lack of updates !

A more mundane explanation for a 2 week postpone of the Europe release date, is well, the fact the pre-production got stopped for 2 weeks during the re-writing...
    I hope it still is 23rd October but Alex Zane said at the end of the press conference it was released 6th November.

I'm sure that London will still be where it premieres though even if it's the same as the U.S
    Risico007 wrote: »
    i read the first page it;'s so vague however Some of it I really like and hope it is true... like i said I am getting more and more excited about Spectre i haven't been this excited since 2008 and the build up to Quantum of solace (which did not dissapoint)
  • Not a fan of those leaks,,, it sounds like they are desperately making all Craig's films link. I thought it was supposed to be fresh start time? Why does everything have to be personal to 007? Why can he go on a mission, where he doesn't know everyone involved?!?!
  • I've read the leaks and talked with another member about them via PM. I think that SPECTRE could be brilliant if they pull it off but the plot is risky, it could come across as rushed, forced and cliche/melodramatic if not handled well. It could be Craig's best or it could be Craig's worst.

Also, I'm calling it now: SPECTRE will be Daniel Craig's last Bond film. They could do more with him but SPECTRE seems like a very conclusiony film in terms of story and character arc.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Also, I'm calling it now: SPECTRE will be Daniel Craig's last Bond film. They could do more with him but SPECTRE seems like a very conclusiony film in terms of story and character arc.

That's a huge call. I thought Craig had already committed to B25 when he signed on for B24 (after his original 3 film contract expired with SF)?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Yeah, the ending definitely seems like a conclusion of the story started with CR. I'm starting to think Mendes refused to direct this movie initially only becasue the producers wanted a two-part conclusion but Mendes wanted to direct only one more Bond film.
    They cannot change the whole plot, of course not, but I am almost 100% sure, that they will change the ending, if the right one really leaks.
    IMO, IF ( I haven't read any of this ****) the ending sounds like above mentionned, it has more to do with Mendes NOT going to come back for another and he made sure, he won't have to, hence a film with no cliffhanger.

In all this mess, I do hope, they can forget about it and just continue with filming.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 9,770
    but see the problem i have with the ending is what happens next? clearly there has to be a bond 25 so...
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,012
    If the leaks are real, then they concern old versions of the script. We must remember they were not satisfied with the story Logan wrote and brought back Purvis and Wade, and then the other guy I can't remember the name for the final polish. There may be things that didn't change but I bet a lot did.