SPECTRE photos and videos - spoiler

Comments

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    ha ha, she would never be mute henchwoman unless Dave Bautista is a Bond girl :P

Even in her French interviews she thinks a lot before she speaks and speaks slowly but when she was singing the praises of Sam Mendes her English was very good and she spoke quite quickly without mistakes.
    Is there a special reason, why this thread is robbed of the word news? As far as I know, there is no others thread for news without spoiler tags. We should try to not create dozens of similar threads again. We have the timeline with spoiler tags, the clapperboards and this one WITH news. Thats sufficient.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Is there a special reason, why this thread is robbed of the word news? As far as I know, there is no others thread for news without spoiler tags. We should try to not create dozens of similar threads again. We have the timeline with spoiler tags, the clapperboards and this one WITH news. Thats sufficient.

Any new news items worthy of their own thread can be created and then discussed in the 'News & Spoilers' section. Keeping this thread for photos and videos only is enough. In time it will get very busy and with a whole forum to use, it is silly to cram so many different topics together into one thread.
    Ok, you you are the boss, but I am totally against endless treads for every tidbit. My experience with having ONE thread for news and ok, one for pics and vids, is that it makes a lot of sense. Its very far from silly, as you know, where to find news and dont have to remember, what the thread title was. I remember many complaining last time about that. Since this format doesnt do sticky, which is bad in the first place, having one thread for the most important topics each would serve that purpose.
    Please think about it. Like this you need s new thread for every tidbit, that might contain spoiler and also, the timeline thread PROVES it makes sense to have but ONE thread. So, i agree, lets not put it n the vid thread, for lets have ONE for all spoilerish news.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 13,350
    We will make sure only worthy articles have their own thread and we can sticky threads. This thread is now one.

All the news will be able to be found in this section.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm also more in favour of one single thread for news (other than truly exceptional ones). I find it cumbersone to have to comment and visit 10 threads or more just to get the news of the day, I prefer to have everything centralized.
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    We will make sure only worthy articles have their own thread and we can sticky threads. This thread is now one.

I am not sure, what you mean. How can you control how people create a new thread for every tidbit, when they don't have a home. They have NO choice, but to do that.
    What do you mean by "This thread is now one?"
    As far as I understand you, nothing has changed. I am sure, most would agree on what Sandy and I are saying.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Just as a side note, why does this thread show as "announcement" now?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Guess Samueals last post. But I don't know, why this cannot be handled like the Timeline thread. One tread, ONE ongoing discussion. I was already going to open a NEWS thread to open a discussion, but will wait a bit. Maybe we come to an agreement and/or understand each others arguments. Having dozens of threads just never made any sense..
    A repeat, but clearer to understand

Samuel001 wrote: »

I am not sure, what you mean. How can you control how people create a new thread for every tidbit, when they don't have a home. They have NO choice, but to do that.
    What do you mean by "This thread is now one?"
    As far as I understand you, nothing has changed. I am sure, most would agree on what Sandy and I are saying.

If a thread isn't needed, it's locked. Just like you, I also don't want uneeded threads poping up left, right and centre.

Topics worthy of their own thread, get one.

This thread is a sticky. View the forum by the 'Spectre News & Spoilers' section and it always remains at the top. That's what Announcement means.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    OK, but maybe give it another thought. I renamed the tidbits tread and it can be used for lots of news, that are not worthy of an own thread. Do you really like to have your forum filled with black lock signs, like we have so often. Not a nice view. Above thread could help to avoid that.
    PLUS - when you lock a thread, the news cannot be discussed anymore, even though it might be interesting to do so. Just not on an own thread. In above thread, you can also do that. No negatives to use it for this
    We can delete them if too many are made. Not a problem.
    Read above..
    We can merge threads too. Trust in us.
    Well, not really, because in the past, it was often very irritating and not structured. I cannot see any advantage about your system, when my suggestion makes things so much easier - for everybody. And a lot of less work for you guys, too.
    There is more whining in here than information.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, this is how I look at the two main threads I want to go to for news and speculation on this film now called SPECTRE: The main production thread (no clapperboards, spoiler tags in use) which is JWESTBROOK's and this one, that has spoilers, with photos, videos, speculation and no spoiler tags. Both as continuing threads thru the entire production just one with spoiler tags and one without. The only other exception being Clapperboards need their own thread - and they do have one. :) So the other threads with various titles re Blofeld, SPECTRE, etc. I am really not even going into. I have these 2 or 3 that should give me everything, if I want to be spoiled or not.

Isn't that what we wanted? And I'm glad this is a sticky thread, thanks for that.
    I am not sure if this has been posted yet? Yahoo! interview also with Spanish subtitles. I have read in various articles most of what was said. But what Ralph said and the last 40 seconds was new to me

Yesterday I was not sure where to post the dialogue coach information so I posted it here last night as it may be considered a spoiler. I rather err on the side of caution just in case I let something out of the bag. But yeah, it's not easy to choose which thread to post in!
    thanks, @leas_mole! :)
    thanks, @leas_mole! :)
    You are very welcome :)

OK, so what do we know about the Bond ladies.

Luciana Sciarra is Italian (source Italian Vanity Fair interview) - Monica mentions that there will be lot of scenes in Italy and that she starts filming in January. She feels that she is a Bond Woman due to her 'maturity'

Madeleine Swann - not French (dialect coach) and is "unexpected" - so not much really. Hmm, what is unexpected of a Bond girl - she will not die, she will not fall for Bond's charms? Maybe she is an MI4 agent (geddit?! :P)

I am sure there are other clues I might have missed. Maybe we should start speculating about their characters.
    Maybe, just maybe Madeleine is a childhood friend of Bond's. :)
    Maybe, just maybe Madeleine is a childhood friend of Bond's. :)
    yes, that would be unexpected :)

Leasmole, where is what Ralph posted?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    So there is an alleged leak of SPECTRE information stemming from the Sony leak. I have some SERIOUS doubts about their legitimacy, so take it with a colossal grain of salt.
    http://imgur.com/EINzMou,L4qyRHq,GmI1Ral,n8AStK1#0
    If in the highly unlikely event that this info is legitimate, I'm not sure if I'm thrilled.

I have moved this to the spoiler thread, where we can discuss it openly. Personally I think this is the best spoiler info we've got yet.
    Not sure if its legit, but I do tend to think it could be, but that is the nature of the spoiler beast. We will never know for sure what is 100 percent accurate. We have to go by our instincts, and we can help each other with discussion.
    With such info, "too many cooks" is helpful
    True or not true, i strongly believe, its respectless to even post stuff like that. Its as if we put stolen jewelery on the markett. Are we that desperate. Imo the mods should delete everything, that has to do with it.

@germanlady, I realize you have a kind of kinship with Eon or whatever, but still many of us do want to discuss actual "spoilers". We don't work for Eon. We want to kick this stuff around, minus spoiler tags.
    A spoiler thread doesn't work, if there is discussion about what can be a spoiler and what can't be, based on people's sensibilities.
    So if you don't want actual spoilers, even though this is designated a spoiler thread, fine, I will be happy to open, an authentic spoiler thread, where we discuss the veracity of leaks etc.

But for now this is a SPOILER thread.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I took a look & it seems legit so I STOPPED READING. :))
    I really don't want to know all the plot points before I see the movie.
    I agree that the first page does look like an early draft, especially references to (I was about to reference a character name that we hadn't heard yet,but I won't as this clearly isn't a true spoiler thread) so I will indeed open a full-blown spoiler thread, where we can actually discuss leaks and stuff.
    This thread can work for photos and videos I guess.
    Timmer, I have neither the power nor the wish to dictate anything just because I opened this tread. I offerend my honest opinion, that there should be a limit to what is posted and discussed - yes, out of respect, but like I said, you guys are free to discuss it here or in the news thread.
    i read the first page it;'s so vague however Some of it I really like and hope it is true... like i said I am getting more and more excited about Spectre i haven't been this excited since 2008 and the build up to Quantum of solace (which did not dissapoint)
  • As you might guess, i got messages asking for what spoilers were in the leaked files.

But the truth is that these are not just spoilers, they are spoilers that mean you have to basically read private mailboxes, something that is 100% illegal ('fortunately" the mail leaks so far are only professional mails it seems, nothing strictly "personal"). So IMO we are not dealing with the usual spoiler territory because someone somewhere posted a set photo which shows something that should have remained secret. We are dealing with piracy here. Intended to cause harm.

A few years ago, we discussed about photos taken by an amateur photographer who stumbled on the Skyfall house set. Now imagine that instead of the lucky photos, we had videos taken with a drone from paparazzis wanting to make money from these videos.

Or, even worse : as we all know, Craig himself has been the subject of phone hacking by tabloids. Imagine you could listen to Craig/Mendes discussion over the phone about Spectre's plot, between a phone call to his dentist and a phone call to his nephew. Would it be just "spoilers" really ?