SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I don't know; there something that makes me think there is some truth within this babble.
    Looks a load of made-up rubbish to me.
    91 - Bond lets Tanner commit suicide
    122 - Felix (who we know isn't involved in SP) calls Moneypenny a foxy lady

=))
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Would something with that amount of typos (scarry, I think I wrote better when I was 6 years old) be official? I don't think so, not at all. Reminds me of some manuscripts written by Chinese I'm sent to review every now and then (nothing personal, many Chinese write perfectly well in English but the majority... oh dear).
    slyfox wrote: »
    Looks a load of made-up rubbish to me.
    91 - Bond lets Tanner commit suicide
    122 - Felix (who we know isn't involved in SP) calls Moneypenny a foxy lady

=))

Well pointed out.

Also there are several bits and pieces from several old films. Not buying it.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,164
    Long-time lurker here, even forgot I had an account :P

Anyway the leak IS genuine (99% sure) - comes from this guy who's been trawling through the Sony email leak that happened yesterday (which also included info about Sorkin's Steve Jobs film you can read about at Gawker).

Anyway my 2 cents - the two numbered note pages (first and 4th image on that imgur link) are for a very very early draft of the script as no mention of our new characters eg Madeleine, Sciarra, and Oberhauser. As well as
    the whole CIA/Felix thing etc

The second and third images however I guess are from more recent emails and MUCH closer to the final draft of the script - almost night and day difference.

For those talking about typos, grammar etc...just look at the Steve Jobs movie emails that leaked.

There are very likely more still undiscovered spoiler emails in there, as well as possibly actual script drafts...
  • Can someone KILL those damn hacker-basterds??? X( . Hacking is a nice subject for movies, hence Silva. But this is really getting out of hand. Anyway, kill them!!
    With all due respect @antovolk? That second page, I just tried to read it again, and it's almost unreadable. The 3rd page? Could be something but, again, I'm not buying it for now.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I only buy official statements from the EON folk. I have learned from the past. "Leaked" information is 80 % wishful thinking.
    Sandy wrote: »
    With all due respect @antovolk? That second page, I just tried to read it again, and it's almost unreadable. The 3rd page? Could be something but, again, I'm not buying it for now.

Up to you...third page is the closest to the real version we get anyway and after that the script was tweaked or changed in some way or another - a lot of people are just assuming it's all from the same script.

But in terms of the source/where these pages came from? Legit as far as I'm aware.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Frankly, this is only the beginning.

The good news is that attention seekers WILL create false data to create their own rumors, so in the end it will be difficult to know what's wrong and what's right for those who won't download the Gbytes of data that were hacked.

But, DON'T search for these if you don't want to be spoiled. They'll be easier and easier to find.
    Strelik wrote: »
    chipsticks wrote: »
    Miss Bellucci on Italian Vogue but didn't say anything really but seriously htf could they have dropped Monica for Hatcher?

Yep. Barbara Broccoli picked Terri Hatcher over Monica Bellucci for Tomorrow Never Dies.

Also, Barbara favored Jonathan Pryce over Anthony Hopkins as the villainous media mogul.

If only Albert R. Broccoli still had been alive to make the decisions. :( He was a brilliant producer.

I'm not the biggest fan of TND, but I'm glad for the casting of Jonathan Pryce. One of the film's strong points. Hatcher however... But the way the character was written, Bellucci would have been wasted in it.
    True or not true, i strongly believe, its respectless to even post stuff like that. Its as if we put stolen jewelery on the markett. Are we that desperate. Imo the mods should delete everything, that has to do with it.
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    True or not true, i strongly believe, its respectless to even post stuff like that. Its as if we put stolen jewelery on the markett. Are we that desperate. Imo the mods should delete everything, that has to do with it.

I kind of agree........"Skyfall" has been taken way too literally by some :-P! Sorry, I'm joking. But I agree. Please delete such stuff.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    This sort of stuff can be found easily enough we can't go deleting every bit of suspect info from the forum when it can be found all over the place.
    I just recommend people ignore it. We will politely ask members to think twice about dragging it over here.
  • Maybe you would be interested in Sony own Box Office predictions ? :)

Now we live in a world where something akin to the "Clapperboard thread" is "public" one year in advance... Seeing what happened with the readers of SF's clapperboard thread writing spoilers in the other threads, I'm afraid moderators are going to have some work. We'll have unknowns here writing "I read that ..., I read that ..." just to feel their power :(
  • These leaks are 100% genuine and also mighty frustrating.

What I want to know from those who have read them: How revealing are they?

I'm so tempted to read them but at the same time really don't want to ruin the film for myself. Do they reveal anything that we don't already suspect, eg; Waltz actually being Blofeld, etc. I don't mind having my suspicions confirmed, I just don't want the whole film spoiled a year out from release.This is annoying!
    @Pierce2Daniel I read them, I'm sending you a PM with my opinion.
    A few observations:
    - I doubt it's genuine and even if it is, it's about a very early draft
    - English is the second foreign languge I've learned and even i can write without as many typos as that guy. and who the hell writes a full page in ALL CAPITALS?
    - if it's genuine, I can imagine EON and Mendes rolling their eyes at these notes. why on Earth would they care about the opinion of some suits at Sony?
    - 99% of people who will watch Spectre at the cinemas will never read about this leak, so the producers have no reason to be worried even if it's real
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It's a matter of principle that's why it matters. The digital age has yielded silly access and influence to practically anyone who with determined effort can cause catastrophic impact that was otherwise impossible once upon a time. Nothing is sacred. Nothing is secure and it's a crying shame.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    - 99% of people who will watch Spectre at the cinemas will never read about this leak, so the producers have no reason to be worried even if it's real

Totally agree.

It's just the question of when will sites like Gawker who have the full email hack will decide to go looking for B24 stuff like they did for Jobs and Spider-Man. Because when they do, this will probably be huge.
    Can you send me a pm regarding your thoughts as well.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Can you send me a pm regarding your thoughts as well.

Will add you to the same PM.
    antovolk wrote: »

It's just the question of when will sites like Gawker who have the full email hack will decide to go looking for B24 stuff like they did for Jobs and Spider-Man. Because when they do, this will probably be huge.

I doubt they will. They went after the Jobs and the Spidey stuff becasue the behind the scenes development of those movies were not without controversy.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015

Totally agree.

It's a bit like Quentin Tarantino and the Hateful Eight script. It first made him abandoned the movie, but he'll do it anyway. And most people won't read the script before going to the movie anyway. But I guess the fun is spoilt on the QT forums about guessing what the movie will be about.

So, the biggest blow this leak will cause will be for us, here, who otherwise would have played wondering what Spectre will contain. Yes, I heard already too much, and didn't even ask for it in the first place, but now it's too late, I can't ignore it. So yes I read a bit the famous leaks after being told the core of it. There are more than the 4 images that were linked above. Far more. I mean : far more. I mean, Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson have to change their e-mail adresses now. Gawker and other sites have been very soft on the Spectre spoilers for the moment, but they can spoil if they want to (but I don't think I've seen any detailed spoiler paper on Hateful Eight actually, although I never really looked for it).

Gee, I create a "Making of" thread here yesterday, and now I can read the most incredible "making of" data that ever existed... It's obviously partial, but it is there.

PS : Therefore, from now on, I will make ZERO comments about hypothesis about SPECTRE here until it's released. And, to make it clear,everything I wrote in the last weeks until now was educated guesses, not rumors, as I kept on saying. The leak happened a few days ago, and I know "too much" only since being told "too much" this morning.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Seems like a hoax... if the producers are going to deliver guarded final screenplays to their cast then why so careless to email or allow email? Besides the blurb I read doesn't jive with what we know nor what mendes would want.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7 congratulations! I wish all the happiness to you and your wife!

Thanks @Sandy. It was a very Bondian affair!
    I have skipped the last few pagesvof this thread because I have no desire to find out anything until I see the movie. I do not understand why some people ( not on this site in particular, just in general movie terms ) have to know every cough and spit of a movie months before it opens. I like the element of surprise in a movie. Spectulating on a story is a very different thing and is part of the fun of looking forward to a film and we are all guilty of looking forward to Spectre. On a different note does anyone know why Michael G. Wilson wasn't at the press launch?.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    I have skipped the last few pagesvof this thread because I have no desire to find out anything until I see the movie. I do not understand why some people ( not on this site in particular, just in general movie terms ) have to know every cough and spit of a movie months before it opens. I like the element of surprise in a movie. Spectulating on a story is a very different thing and is part of the fun of looking forward to a film and we are all guilty of looking forward to Spectre. On a different note does anyone know why Michael G. Wilson wasn't at the press launch?.

Well, quite. Too much prattling - I will also be avoiding most of this, and other threads.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Bellucci has the potential to be as good if not better than Maud Adams as Octopussy (the last time we saw a more mature woman play against Bond).
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Yes Bellucci may rival Adams as OP. Good comparison!