SPECTRE photos and videos - spoiler

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    @Suivez_ce_parachute very good points! This is new territory for "spoilers." I agree with Germanlady and yourself that this is not the usual spoiler situation - they are disrespectful and illegal; I hate having these things leaked.

It is piracy and intended to cause harm. For myself, I do not want the film ruined. For all the people involved with making this film (which is a huge task and takes many months out of their lives to complete), I do not want the actual story leaked everywhere. And I for sure do not want to read other people's emails! So I feel very bad about this happening; dark days, not happy spoiler times, not harmless.

I'll do my best not to read things. But this is really nothing to celebrate, is it?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015
    As I wrote in the other thread, here the leaked spoilers are considered a big problem. Well, the truth is that for many persons, the leaked spoilers are just a very little part of the "little fun" there is to read their boss' mail. We are talking about a company where now people know their salary is public, their personal info is public, and they fear their own mailboxes are next in line if the leak continues.

If you want a random example that is not a spoiler at all, one of the first thing I was told is that Amy Pascal had been "spammed" for months by an actor from Asia who wrote mails to her about wanting to be the first "Bond Boy". It actually is the first result they got when they searched "Bond" (eh, they know I'm a big fan...), there are dozens of mails from him in her mailbox... But it gives you an example of the level of privacy we are dealing with. These mails are quite an embarassment for this actor (whose name I won't reveal).

Do you really want to deal with that, timmer ?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Thanks Suivez. That's the point, i wanted to make. This is not normal spoilerish stuff, this is downright illigal and on top, as a Bond fan brigade, highly disloyal.

But still - this is a free country, so feel free to discuss it in the news tread. BTW - doesn't it feel strange to you, that some very active poster regarding tis are new ones? A "This is 100% legit" new poster? Seems some here wanna earn their frist stripes with making it sound like they know MORE. Or maybe they do? Now, who would kow for sure?.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I took a look at the link someone posted and I'm not going to look at anything else or search anything online. That was enough to quiet my curiosity and I will not discuss what I read in these threads. In fact I don't think these links should be posted here. This is way more serious than I had thought, much more than just stealing some movie files. People working at Sony must be going through a hard time.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I am very sorry this is happening. I feel bad for all Sony employees, too. Why were they a target? No one is safe anymore it seems. How would any of us feel if our personal emails were posted online? Personal chat? Personal gossip? Let alone confidential matters (address, health concerns, soc. sec. #s, etc.)

This is something that cannot be easily or ever squelched. I see no obvious answers to this piracy and spreading of personal information. But it is very sad. And for the entertainment industry a very hard blow. We love to get excited about a new film - it is fun to have our own speculation, some on set photos, etc. But all this crap? No. I don't want films ruined. And far more importantly, I don't want peoples' lives ruined or damaged badly. This is just awful in my opinion.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Leasmole, where is what Ralph posted?
    It was in the video I linked https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/video-search/mendes-spectre-meaning-surprise-120222547.html. Ironically Ralph is talking about how people can be hacked (although by intelligence agencies). Talking of Ralph, he and Léa have been nominated today by SAG for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for The Grand Budapest Hotel

Whilst I am posting, here is an audio/radio interview of Sam Mendes from the Spectre press conference.
    I am hoping to never read any of the hacked material.

Nice to hear Ralph and Lea are nominated for SAG award. That's great! I have not seen that movie yet.

I am glad you posted the audio/radio interview. :) Thanks, leas_mole!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Thanks Suivez. That's the point, i wanted to make. This is not normal spoilerish stuff, this is downright illigal and on top, as a Bond fan brigade, highly disloyal..

Wonderful, now we are part of fan brigade, that can be highly loyal or highly disloyal to Eon.
    Colour me neither please.
    As for the leaked anonymous notes - notes, not emails - there is plenty of fodder therein to continue discussion.
    I am happy to use spoiler tags in lieu of an actual spoiler thread. Tags are easy to use.
    @dimi, what thread would be best to continue in?

In meantime, the notes in question, although they do seem legit, are essentially a critique of real or imagined plot points. The note maker does raise real concerns with script, as he or she, is supposedly aware of it.
    I've got some comments on the comments. Will post later. No time now.
    Oh, this sounds like such fun. But do this in the spoiler news thread, this is, as the title says, for photos and videos and this crap really is neither.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/10/technology/security/bond-movie-budget Warning, heavy spoilers in the article! Seriously, are all these journalists working for North Korea?
    Please post somewhere else with spoiler tags firmly in place if you must, timmer. Thanks! Although you know, I think we should ignore these and not post them at all.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Major spoilers in that last post @PanchitoPistoles

Sony must be majorly embarrassed.
  • To be honest, the material that has leaked thus far is really not that revelatory. There are maybe 2 things that are very spoiler-ish (including the possible end of the film) but considering what has been released officially and what we've speculated online, there is nothing a million miles away from what we're all pondered.

Aside from these one or two things which people obviously want to avoid, I'd actually recommend reading the documents. Mainly because they are so absurd and nonsensical and provide an insight into the clearly very odd film industry. The notes are clearly from two very different drafts of the script and to be honest don't make much sense either way.
    One thing I do find interesting is the talk surrounding death and the afterlife. Clearly the title, 'Spectre', alludes to something ghostly and otherworldly, but beyond that Bond goes to a Day of the Dead ceremony (a Mexican tradition celebrating the dead), Bond and M meet in a graveyard (spooky) and apparently the villain quotes Dante's Divine Comedy (a poem about the afterlife). There is an interesting theme developing here.
    Another thing I find surprising is that despite the film being called 'Spectre' and Blofeld apparently returning, the leaked synopsis about Oberhauser and Bond being childhood rivals doesn't really fit with the SPECTRE angle. I'm very curious how Blofeld and his organisation bleed into Oberhauser's plan as they appear rather separate. One if a huge international terrorist network and the other is a single figure seeking revenge. Also Oberhauser's plan sounds like a rehash of Silva's plan in SF.
    I think true or false? We should not post them on here. It could affect what they officially post whether it be clapperboard? Or production blog if these leaks continue?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    From Commander James Bond France

citation15.jpg

Le rôle que je vais jouer, c'est un personnage assez important.
    C'est un personnage qui va changer la vie de James Bond.

The role I'm playing is quite a character.
    It's a character that will change the life of James Bond.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    leas_mole wrote: »
    The role I'm playing is quite a character.

I wonder what she means by this? It's certainly cryptic.
    leas_mole wrote: »

This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to see in a Sam Mendes Bond film!
    =D>
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Please God don't let her have his baby.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Isn't there something rather ironic going on here? That as fans of a spy series we are actually all acting like a bunch of real spies? Obtaining info about Bond in the way Bond would obtain info? :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Fans of a genre being like the characters?
    The CNN article linked above is the biggest spoiler yet. And its courtesy of major mainstream media.
    This plot will be fully leaked in a matter of days. The CNN plot info doesn't conflict with the leaked notes.
    must say I don't like what I'm reading, especially regarding the ending. Sounds real depressing.
    Craig-era is doing it again.Finishing previous movie on an all is normal again upbeat,and then coming right back with another fullfull blown tragi-drama.
    [/spoilers]
    Have any of you read how completely ridiculous the people over the commanderbond forums are about the leaks? =)) They are saying things like the plot is a mess and are whining about how terrible the film will be! Have they even realised that half the stuff is about very early drafts and even the other half contains characters that have been since then eliminated from the story? In other words, none of the leaked pages were about the final draft. What a bunch of morons...

My message to debrief.commanderbond: DIAL IT DOWN!

@timmer How on Earth do you know that the plot will be fully leaked in a matter of days? and
    The only thing the article states about the ending is that it will be a "dramatic finale in the rain". It's impossible to write a vaguer description about the ending. What do you not like about it? Do you dislike the "dramatic" part or the "rain"???

Anyone who is familiar with the filmography of Sam Mendes already knows that Spectre won't be a "Bond on a regular mission" movie like most 007 films. And I LOVE that! Why do most fans want a run of the mill action movie instead of a film with substance and real stakes? I want drama and it looks like I will get it! :bz
    One more thing: I find it hilarious that Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are braver than most Bond fans even though they have much more to lose.
    @pancho you haven't read the available leaked info,I guess, and whether you believe it or not, the ending being kicked around sounds like a real downer

Can't blame the cbn'ers for griping. I guess they're worried that what they are hearing might be true.

And you're right, it is crazy to think that Mendes would make anything other than a full blown character drama. Should have known better, but this story looks like it could be a full blown tragi-drama.
    but on happier note maybe we got leaked rejectedscenarios. Maybe Babs will step in and veto this talk about Bond tossing his gun in the water with MP telling him to get a life, assumimg there is any fire to this smoke of an ending of course.
  • Attention!! SonyHack reveals ending of SPECTRE:
    James Bond Will Return :D
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,164
    UPD: some more notes from the emails were posted yesterday (won't link them) which give further proofs that the notes with
    (NO NEW SPOILERS)
    CIA, Charlotte, the "voice" thing, Tanner being a traitor - i.e. the numbered notes pages as opposed to the bolded one
    are from a draft circa May and have been cut.
  • antovolk wrote: »
    UPD: some more notes from the emails were posted yesterday (won't link them) which give further proofs that the notes with
    (NO NEW SPOILERS)
    CIA, Charlotte, the "voice" thing, Tanner being a traitor - i.e. the numbered notes pages as opposed to the bolded one
    are from a draft circa May and have been cut.

Could you please send me the links? Thanks.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2014 Posts: 17,691
    I think I found the first pic of Blofeld's underground lair!
    http://content8.flixster.com/question/52/72/45/5272458_std.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    chrisisall wrote: »

Care to explain?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Sandy wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »

Care to explain?
    Isn't that from NSNA?