SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

agreed i can't wait for novemeber now
    Then overall whatever the next several months bring? Just look forward to November 6th 2015!!! I certainly am!!! \:D/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I can't wait ! :D
  • GermanLady, about the ending, this I can say without spoiling anything : two very recent full versions of the script are "online", one of the end of October, and one of beginning of October, and one of the changes between them is about the ending. I won't say if it's major or minor, but there's definitely a change. It proves on such points you probably can have changes at any time. We all know about numerous movies with unused endings, changed endings, etc..

The "Guardians of Galaxy" should have ended with a rather sad ending (the grandfather waiting for his abducted grandson), but they changed everything to end on something more fun, for example.
  • Do you think Bond 25 can just be a standalone story that happened between the events of QOS and SF?
    Do you think Bond 25 can just be a standalone story that happened between the events of QOS and SF?

But M from those films is dead. MP and Q have been introduced in SF. If those characters return, it would have to be post SF.
  • E' tutto degradato.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,400
    I think the ending that we have heard seemed like an inevitable conclusion for me. When speculating on the possible outcome of Spectre it was always one of the endings I thought most likely. Bond was always going to retire after taking down SPECTRE, the only other possibility I considered was Blofeld's possible survival in B24 would lead to Bond continuing the hunt for him in the sequel. But it seems Mendes intends Blofeld's return to be a one-off.

The ending is clearly a metaphor for Mendes saying goodbye to the series and neatly conclude the arc he began with SF. I think they could hypothetically end Craig's tenure there and in a few years reboot Bond again with a new actor, etc. BUT.....they of course won't and we will get the inevitable 5th Craig film where Bond is dragged out of 'retirement' for one more mission which would clearly give the whole thing a rather meta-quality as it would be Craig's final film whether Mendes agrees to return or not.
  • @Pierce2Daniel I'd spoiler tag that for those who haven't read the leaks.
    GermanLady, about the ending, this I can say without spoiling anything : two very recent full versions of the script are "online", one of the end of October, and one of beginning of October, and one of the changes between them is about the ending. I won't say if it's major or minor, but there's definitely a change. It proves on such points you probably can have changes at any time. We all know about numerous movies with unused endings, changed endings, etc..

The "Guardians of Galaxy" should have ended with a rather sad ending (the grandfather waiting for his abducted grandson), but they changed everything to end on something more fun, for example.

can you please elaborate on the ending change with spoilers please? Thanks!

• I won't make any comment on the script itself, even with spoilers. Anything I could say would have an impact on everyone's else fun in wondering what will happen in SPECTRE, and I don't want that. And furthermore :

I put the emphasis on the fact that, for 2 scripts, there are already 2 different endings (the change may be minor or major, I won't comment either). Not to hard to imagine in the final script a 3rd ending, or even an ending they will re-shoot for some reasons etc. Who can be sure they actually already know today what they'll do ?

To make it even more clear : in the last version of the two scripts, scene 21 of the script does not exactly match the scene 21 from the official twitter photo. So already it proves to everyone they are shooting another script.

And well, now you know what to think about notes written months ago !
  • @slyfox is there a reason why the writers had to kill off Judi in SF? I mean she was there in the beginning of Quantum, it's only right that she would be there to finish them off. Sam just screwed everything up.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Thanks Parachute for being able to say things without spoiling.

Pierce2Daniel, are you mad? I thought, it was understood, that Timmers thread was for the leak spoiler. Spoilertag this thing asap and don't come here with other "information".

From nnow on, I will flag everybody, who comes here with the leak info!!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Suivez_ce_parachute interesting information and thank you for being so clear without spoiling anything, that's the way it should be :-bd

I won't make any comment on the script itself, even with spoilers. Anything I could say would have an impact on everyone's else fun in wondering what will happen in SPECTRE, and I don't want that. And furthermore :

I put the emphasis on the fact that, for 2 scripts, there are already 2 different endings (the change may be minor or major, I won't comment either). Not to hard to imagine in the final script a 3rd ending, or even an ending they will re-shoot for some reasons etc. Who can be sure they actually already know today what they'll do ?

To make it even more clear : in the last version of the two scripts, scene 21 of the script does not exactly match the scene 21 from the official twitter photo. So already it proves to everyone they are shooting another script.

And well, now you know what to think about notes written months ago !

can you pm me what the changes were?

I am almost sure, they will change the leaked ending. The cannnot change the whole plot, but they surely can change the ending and they will. Just to show everybody, who jumped on those leaks, the finger.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I am almost sure, they will change the leaked ending. The cannnot change the whole plot, but they surely can change the ending and they will. Just to show everybody, who jumped on those leaks, the finger.

as long as the ending keeps with the carig tradition of ending on a differnt note of bond and girl in bed I am happy.
  • I won't PM details about the changes between the N-4 version and N-3 version of the script (and maybe it's N-10 and N-11 who knows how many more script they'll write since the ones that got leaked ?).

Don't forget they decided not to kill Jaws at the end of TSWLM because he was deemed too cool during the shooting. Don't forget they decide not to kill Mr White at the end of QOS because MGM said it's very cool to have a villain played by an actor you can pay $50.000 only. Ok I'm making up the last part, but you get the idea about all the changes that can happen between a script and what you see.

On the other hand, what is definitely true, is that once SPECTRE is released and everyone can discuss freely, this leak will be used by all the authors writing about the behind-the-scenes of Bond movies. Frankly, the most incredible thing in all this leak about SPECTRE (at least from a Bond fan perspective), is something that definitely won't be in the movie, because someone didn't want it at all.
  • Germanlady wrote: »

Pierce2Daniel, are you mad? I thought, it was understood, that Timmers thread was for the leak spoiler. Spoilertag this thing asap and don't come here with other "information".

Chill the hell out if you don't wanna read it THEN DON'T
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    That is no way to speak to a Lady @ohmss42 you really should know better.
    ohmss42 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »

Chill the hell out if you don't wanna read it THEN DON'T

Unfortunately, understanding that this is a thread, where this stuff is NOT revealed anymore, you just read ahead and you read faster, then you can stop yourself. Makes sense, now does it? BTW, watch your language.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    [deleted]
    Dear oh dear, sadly it seems some of our threads have decended into chaos!
    So @Suivez_ce_parachute just waltzes in like "Hey everyone! I have the FULL Spectre screenplay!" and then leaves... Wow...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    So @Suivez_ce_parachute just waltzes in like "Hey everyone! I have the FULL Spectre screenplay!" and then leaves... Wow...

Unfortunately he will not give you the screenplay.
    [deleted]
    I don't care as long as the gun barrel is at the end!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You don't want it at the front? Lol
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,756
    It looks like @Suivez_ce_parachute is not willing to send the link. In other words he is like a five year old kid bragging "I have the screenplay but you don't!" Guess what? Probably EVERYONE else on this forum would be happy to send the link to people asking.

@dominicgreene I will keep looking for it, and once I found it I will be happy to send a link in a PM for anyone asking.

To be honest I doubt his authenticity. It's impossible to find online, and I hightly doubt anyone at Sony would give him the script, and if the Sony leaks really did contain the script you'd think people would be trying to upload it. Most of what he told me anyways were things you could have made up, hints of lying too (ie. not having an opinion, dodging my questions [which can be answered spoiler free], etc.)

Apparently the only thing he had to say about the script was that he read it all the way through.
    [deleted]