SPECTRE Production Timeline

1398399401403404870

Comments

  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Posts: 16,335
    Murdock wrote: »
    I loved how well the song made the Craig portion of the montage all the more awesome. :)

    It's weird because it's a slower, more moving song, yet seeing Craig with the montage was just infinitely badass.

    Nobody does it better. ;)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,756
    Murdock wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I loved how well the song made the Craig portion of the montage all the more awesome. :)

    It's weird because it's a slower, more moving song, yet seeing Craig with the montage was just infinitely badass.

    Nobody does it better. ;)
    Wink-animated-gif.gif
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Posts: 16,335
    My sediments exactly.
  • Posts: 1,965
    One if not the best Bond title song ever
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    The tilte thread says, "title song artist chosen". So I scrolled through the last 106 posts, only to find nothing whatsoever confirming any title song artist, instead an uncontrolled flow of utter rubbish.

    How about aligning the content of this thread at least to a minimal degree with its title?

    Surely it would be easier to adjust the title of the thread to reflect the content:

    "SPECTRE Production Timeline - An Uncontrolled Flow of Utter Rubbish" ;)

    (Not making a jab at your ambitious and much-valued thread, JWESTBROOK. Just at the spewers of said rubbish.)
  • Anyone who wanted this, here's the Nobody does it better montage from the conference, one of the best I've seen.

    I didn't see this on Thursday. But absolutely magnificent collage. But I did see another montage after this one, that only showed scenes from Craig's Bond films. Do you have that too?

  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,756
    Anyone who wanted this, here's the Nobody does it better montage from the conference, one of the best I've seen.

    I didn't see this on Thursday. But absolutely magnificent collage. But I did see another montage after this one, that only showed scenes from Craig's Bond films. Do you have that too?


    Cant find a cleaner version than this.
  • Posts: 2,491
    My prediction for SPECTRE: (not really spoilers, just prediction)

    It continues with the plot of Skyfall.. the list of agents was stolen and it wasn't brought back..so..someone starts killing the agents..this makes the government mad again at MI6 and wants them to close down the 00 agents. M again is going against the government like the last movie.

    In mean time most of the 00 agents are killed..but who did it ? They are REALLY HARD TO GET AND KILL ??!?

    So Bond decides to go incognito without the governemnt knowing and he is sent by M in Austria..here Bond meets the guy that was his ski instructor in the past- Waltz. And just as Waltz is about to say something big...he is shot.

    Bond gets up and chases the killer, and we get the big ski chase.

    After this Bond follows the clues all over the world. He meets the bond girls has few fight scenes with Hinx (Who killed the other agents) etc.

    In the end Bond goes to some place and it is revealed that Waltz faked his death and he is actually Blofeld and the only reason he didn't order Bond to be killed was because he sees him like a son and he wants him to join SPECTRE. Bond somehow escapes and kills Hinx, damages Blofeld who barely escapes, the government after this decides that the 00 agents will stay.


    What do you think ? Sounds interesting ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2014 Posts: 10,588
    So I'm under the impression that Moneypenny's going to be behind the desk in Spectre, and she hints at this in the following interview.

  • Posts: 12,301
    dragonsky wrote: »
    My prediction for SPECTRE: (not really spoilers, just prediction)

    It continues with the plot of Skyfall.. the list of agents was stolen and it wasn't brought back..so..someone starts killing the agents..this makes the government mad again at MI6 and wants them to close down the 00 agents. M again is going against the government like the last movie.

    In mean time most of the 00 agents are killed..but who did it ? They are REALLY HARD TO GET AND KILL ??!?

    So Bond decides to go incognito without the governemnt knowing and he is sent by M in Austria..here Bond meets the guy that was his ski instructor in the past- Waltz. And just as Waltz is about to say something big...he is shot.

    Bond gets up and chases the killer, and we get the big ski chase.

    After this Bond follows the clues all over the world. He meets the bond girls has few fight scenes with Hinx (Who killed the other agents) etc.

    In the end Bond goes to some place and it is revealed that Waltz faked his death and he is actually Blofeld and the only reason he didn't order Bond to be killed was because he sees him like a son and he wants him to join SPECTRE. Bond somehow escapes and kills Hinx, damages Blofeld who barely escapes, the government after this decides that the 00 agents will stay.


    What do you think ? Sounds interesting ?

    Where does Mr. White/Quantum fall in?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,598
    It's obvious that Michael G. Wilson will be playing Blofeld and Barbara Broccolli will play his twin sister. The first part of the film will be set 30 years in the past and the future Moneypenny will be Blofeld's love child. Blofeld's lover from Jamaica died while giving birth. Then the film will jump back to present day and it will be revealed that Harris/Moneypenny has become the head of the organisation. Her name is actually Penny Blofeld.

    I'm living in Shanghai at the moment and I bet SPECTRE won't be released over here until January or February 2016. I was residing in South Korea when Skyfall was released which was on the same day as in the UK. Maybe I should take a holiday to Korea or another country in November. People talk in cinemas over here too. 'Interstellar' was almost ruined for me.
  • If the extra-classic-now-with-the-guys-he-was-fighting-back-in-the-60s SPECTRE doesn't feature the gun barrel at the start, I'll probably put my head through a wall.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,698
    If the extra-classic-now-with-the-guys-he-was-fighting-back-in-the-60s SPECTRE doesn't feature the gun barrel at the start, I'll probably put my head through a wall.
    Gun Barrel is Key now.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,598
    If the extra-classic-now-with-the-guys-he-was-fighting-back-in-the-60s SPECTRE doesn't feature the gun barrel at the start, I'll probably put my head through a wall.

    Yeah, there's no reason why it shouldn't be back at the start just like it should have been in Skyfall.

  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    That montage got a massive cheer when they showed it at the Royal premiere for SF and since then I had been looking for it everywhere.

    As for the gun barrel, I'm optimistic it'll be at the start where it belongs.
  • Posts: 2,491
    FoxRox wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    My prediction for SPECTRE: (not really spoilers, just prediction)

    It continues with the plot of Skyfall.. the list of agents was stolen and it wasn't brought back..so..someone starts killing the agents..this makes the government mad again at MI6 and wants them to close down the 00 agents. M again is going against the government like the last movie.

    In mean time most of the 00 agents are killed..but who did it ? They are REALLY HARD TO GET AND KILL ??!?

    So Bond decides to go incognito without the governemnt knowing and he is sent by M in Austria..here Bond meets the guy that was his ski instructor in the past- Waltz. And just as Waltz is about to say something big...he is shot.

    Bond gets up and chases the killer, and we get the big ski chase.

    After this Bond follows the clues all over the world. He meets the bond girls has few fight scenes with Hinx (Who killed the other agents) etc.

    In the end Bond goes to some place and it is revealed that Waltz faked his death and he is actually Blofeld and the only reason he didn't order Bond to be killed was because he sees him like a son and he wants him to join SPECTRE. Bond somehow escapes and kills Hinx, damages Blofeld who barely escapes, the government after this decides that the 00 agents will stay.


    What do you think ? Sounds interesting ?

    Where does Mr. White/Quantum fall in?

    Well that can be arranged in some of the Bond's trips through the world. He goes to find Mr.White as he thinks he might be the one behind the deaths of the 00 agents, finds him, asks him if Quantum is behind all of that.. and White is like "Quantum..oh..Quantum is just a shadow for something bigger..you don't know ? You haven't heard about.." and he is killed by Hinx.

    idk I would like to see a mystery in this movie..we all know it's SPECTRE but Bond going from place to place to find out things is interesting :)
  • If the extra-classic-now-with-the-guys-he-was-fighting-back-in-the-60s SPECTRE doesn't feature the gun barrel at the start, I'll probably put my head through a wall.

    This. Yes. A million times yes.

    Mendes basically said that he wanted the gun barrel in the front but there was too much "Bond pointing guns at the audience" in the beginning.

    Source: http://www.flicksandbits.com/2012/11/06/sam-mendes-talks-about-wanting-to-open-skyfall-with-the-traditional-james-bond-gun-barrel-sequence/33649/

    Anyway, I'm hopeful that the gun barrel will be at the beginning --- and stay there.
  • Posts: 12,301
    dragonsky wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    My prediction for SPECTRE: (not really spoilers, just prediction)

    It continues with the plot of Skyfall.. the list of agents was stolen and it wasn't brought back..so..someone starts killing the agents..this makes the government mad again at MI6 and wants them to close down the 00 agents. M again is going against the government like the last movie.

    In mean time most of the 00 agents are killed..but who did it ? They are REALLY HARD TO GET AND KILL ??!?

    So Bond decides to go incognito without the governemnt knowing and he is sent by M in Austria..here Bond meets the guy that was his ski instructor in the past- Waltz. And just as Waltz is about to say something big...he is shot.

    Bond gets up and chases the killer, and we get the big ski chase.

    After this Bond follows the clues all over the world. He meets the bond girls has few fight scenes with Hinx (Who killed the other agents) etc.

    In the end Bond goes to some place and it is revealed that Waltz faked his death and he is actually Blofeld and the only reason he didn't order Bond to be killed was because he sees him like a son and he wants him to join SPECTRE. Bond somehow escapes and kills Hinx, damages Blofeld who barely escapes, the government after this decides that the 00 agents will stay.


    What do you think ? Sounds interesting ?

    Where does Mr. White/Quantum fall in?

    Well that can be arranged in some of the Bond's trips through the world. He goes to find Mr.White as he thinks he might be the one behind the deaths of the 00 agents, finds him, asks him if Quantum is behind all of that.. and White is like "Quantum..oh..Quantum is just a shadow for something bigger..you don't know ? You haven't heard about.." and he is killed by Hinx.

    idk I would like to see a mystery in this movie..we all know it's SPECTRE but Bond going from place to place to find out things is interesting :)

    White killed by Hinx? Could be interesting. I have several theories of how the film could shape up; yours is pretty intriguing.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    The DB5 can be easily explained in two possible ways.

    1. It was modified by Q Branch so Bond could stop destroying DBS's

    2. Alexander Demitrios already had it decked out with weapons and gadgets seeing as he's an arms smuggling criminal.

    The DB5 in Skyfall isn't the same car as in Casino Royale.

    The Casino Royale car is left-hand drive. The DB5 in Skyfall is right hand drive. You'd have to tear the car apart and install many, many new parts (assuming you could find them for a half-century old car) to convert it to the other side.

    I called as Aston Martin dealer and asked if it would even be possible. He said you'd have to spend at least $40,000, if you could get the parts. "Why would you do it?" he asked.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,907
    As I mentioned in this thread..http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10409/mr-hinx-discussion#latest... I'm wondering of Dave Bautista could in fact be Blofeld. As described by Fleming, Blofeld was a physically imposing man of 6 feet 3, about 300 pounds. So it's not impossible to cast him as Spectre's #1.
    Christoph Waltz rumours are another possibility, though I'm wondering if they're a red herring. Waltz is known for his villainous roles. As with Ralph Fiennes casting in SF, where people speculated that he would be revealed to be a villain turned out to be the opposite. Perhaps the role of Franz Oberhauser is that of an ally.
    Of course this is merely speculation on my part. But it is something that I wondered.
    I know with the cast they have for SPECTRE, I'm quite excited to see the finished film. The locations are interesting and wide spread. And I'm a big fan of Christoph Waltz. I think he's a fantastic actor. To have him in a Bond film, as a villain or an ally is something I know I'm looking forward to. Add to that Bautista, Seydoux and Belluci. Along with the returning Mi6 crew, this is all shaping up quite well so far.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Posts: 4,399
    Murdock wrote: »
    The DB5 can be easily explained in two possible ways.

    1. It was modified by Q Branch so Bond could stop destroying DBS's

    2. Alexander Demitrios already had it decked out with weapons and gadgets seeing as he's an arms smuggling criminal.

    The DB5 in Skyfall isn't the same car as in Casino Royale.

    The Casino Royale car is left-hand drive. The DB5 in Skyfall is right hand drive. You'd have to tear the car apart and install many, many new parts (assuming you could find them for a half-century old car) to convert it to the other side.

    I called as Aston Martin dealer and asked if it would even be possible. He said you'd have to spend at least $40,000, if you could get the parts. "Why would you do it?" he asked.

    hans_zpsc7708f41.jpg
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 212
    SPECTRE means more than S.P.E.C.T.R.E

    https://t.co/In7vyDxCoy

    SPECTRE looks like Bond house now completed, anticipation rises in Obertilliach

    http://t.co/dEfvIfWIaQ

    Mod edit: please avoid double posts.

  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Posts: 16,335
    Murdock wrote: »
    The DB5 can be easily explained in two possible ways.

    1. It was modified by Q Branch so Bond could stop destroying DBS's

    2. Alexander Demitrios already had it decked out with weapons and gadgets seeing as he's an arms smuggling criminal.

    The DB5 in Skyfall isn't the same car as in Casino Royale.

    The Casino Royale car is left-hand drive. The DB5 in Skyfall is right hand drive. You'd have to tear the car apart and install many, many new parts (assuming you could find them for a half-century old car) to convert it to the other side.

    I called as Aston Martin dealer and asked if it would even be possible. He said you'd have to spend at least $40,000, if you could get the parts. "Why would you do it?" he asked.

    Wherever side the steering console is on is irrelevant. The PTS of QoS takes place 13 minutes after CR yet Bond is in a different suit. It's a minor continuity flub. I still like to think the DB5 is the same one from CR. I like to think that within 6 years, MI-6 got tired of Bond smashing up multiple government issue DBS's so they forced him to get his DB5 modified OR, It was already armed to the teeth since Dimitros was an arms smuggler and likes to flaunt his wealth so he owns a suped up car for his own protection.

    It's a fictional universe for crying out loud. A universe where people can hollow out volcano's to live in them, buy underwater cities and space stations the size of Manhattan or even a seaplane with an obviously visible Gatling gun mounted to the bottom. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for a Government agency or a Rich criminal to have an old car modified to be a killing machine.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Posts: 4,399
    Murdock wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    The DB5 can be easily explained in two possible ways.

    1. It was modified by Q Branch so Bond could stop destroying DBS's

    2. Alexander Demitrios already had it decked out with weapons and gadgets seeing as he's an arms smuggling criminal.

    The DB5 in Skyfall isn't the same car as in Casino Royale.

    The Casino Royale car is left-hand drive. The DB5 in Skyfall is right hand drive. You'd have to tear the car apart and install many, many new parts (assuming you could find them for a half-century old car) to convert it to the other side.

    I called as Aston Martin dealer and asked if it would even be possible. He said you'd have to spend at least $40,000, if you could get the parts. "Why would you do it?" he asked.

    Wherever side the steering console is on is irrelevant. The PTS of QoS takes place 13 minutes after CR yet Bond is in a different suit. It's a minor continuity flub. I still like to think the DB5 is the same one from CR. I like to think that within 6 years, MI-6 got tired of Bond smashing up multiple government issue DBS's so they forced him to get his DB5 modified OR, It was already armed to the teeth since Dimitros was an arms smuggler and likes to flaunt his wealth so he owns a suped up car for his own protection.

    It's a fictional universe for crying out loud. A universe where people can hollow out volcano's to live in them, buy underwater cities and space stations the size of Manhattan or even a seaplane with an obviously visible Gatling gun mounted to the bottom. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for a Government agency or a Rich criminal to have an old car modified to be a killing machine.

    if people get that bent out of shape and over analyze a rather insignificant continuity flaw in a film.... good god, they must be the saddest, most anal, and most boring person alive..
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    I am not a huge car enthusiast but this Aston Martin DB 10 really has my attention. Have you heard what Sam Mendes said about the car? "It does some things. [...] and does them in a way perhaps you don't expect." So the car will definitely have some gadgets but not the usual hidden machine guns, traction spikes or ejector seats.

    EDIT: "I would say that [the new car] it doesn’t behave in the way perhaps that even Bond thinks it might." https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/spectre-new-bond-title-not-what-you-think-says-104414311481.html

    Also, I am starting to think Blofeld may not appear in this movie after all. I can easily see them reserving him for Craig's final film. I can also see them not using Blofeld at all. What if Blofeld is just an imaginary person in the story? A legend, a spectre, someone the members of the organization fear but also someone who doesn't really exist. Someone made up by Oberhauser or Sciarra perhaps.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Posts: 16,335
    @haserot, I hear that. In fact, when I find continuity flaws, I smile because it's fun to find them and have a good chuckle out of them.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    Also, I am starting to think Blofeld may not appear in this movie after all. I can easily see them reserving him for Craig's final film. I can also see them not using Blofeld at all. What if Blofeld is just an imaginary person in the story? A legend, a spectre, someone the members of the organization fear but also someone who doesn't really exist. Someone made up by Oberhauser or Sciarra perhaps.

    ^^^ this was something that someone long ago suggested about Quantum - and i loved the idea... the head of the organization, in this case with SPECTRE, it being #1 Blofeld, doesn't really exist, and is only there to cause misdirection.. there are in fact several people who run SPECTRE, so just getting to one is meaningless - and Blofeld just turns out to be a wild goose chase....... brilliant idea..
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    Murdock wrote: »
    @haserot, I hear that. In fact, when I find continuity flaws, I smile because it's fun to find them and have a good chuckle out of them.

    continuity flaws are bound to happen in films.. it's just one of those things... as long as it doesn't disrupt the story, i couldn't care less about them..

    was the tricked out DB5 in SF necessary - no, Bond could've easily sat up in the car, opened the car door and started firing... but it was a bit of fun to have it in there anyway - whether it maintained continuity with the rebooted timeline of CR or not - who cares.... every time i saw the movie in theater, the crowd erupted in cheers when the machine guns popped out and started firing on Silva's men... a moment like that for fans in theater is worth a small continuity break IMO.
  • Posts: 4,619
    A big question: if Jesper Christensen really does return, then why wasn't he present at the press conference? I see two possible answers: he has a very tiny (but not necessarily unsignificant) role in the movie or his return is a big spoiler. I doubt the latter is the case since he did talk to the press about his return.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 8,026
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Also, I am starting to think Blofeld may not appear in this movie after all. I can easily see them reserving him for Craig's final film. I can also see them not using Blofeld at all. What if Blofeld is just an imaginary person in the story? A legend, a spectre, someone the members of the organization fear but also someone who doesn't really exist. Someone made up by Oberhauser or Sciarra perhaps.

    ^^^ this was something that someone long ago suggested about Quantum - and i loved the idea... the head of the organization, in this case with SPECTRE, it being #1 Blofeld, doesn't really exist, and is only there to cause misdirection.. there are in fact several people who run SPECTRE, so just getting to one is meaningless - and Blofeld just turns out to be a wild goose chase....... brilliant idea..

    Could be, but even if his name is not Blofeld, I think in the end there will ultimately be a #1 at the top of the organization.

Sign In or Register to comment.