SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Ross1 wrote: »
    People are talking about Blofeld being portrayed by Christoph Waltz, Jesper Christensen, Andrew Scott, Monica Bellucci, even Rory Kinnear, but are not paying much attention to Ralph Fiennes, an excellent actor that could easily portray Bond's most famous nemesis. Imagine if Bond discovers that the new M is, in fact, Blofeld and make an attempt as like in the book The Man With The Golden Gun...

You are not serious are you?
    I think there are only really two options as to who Blofeld will be in the film:

- Oberhauser: We will be introduced to the character as Franz Oberhauser before the inevitable reveal that he is Blofeld. This fits all the rumours that have leaked thus far and it makes the most sense especially when considering Waltz's casting. You don't hire an actor of Waltz's calibre to relegate him to a subordinate role.

- Denbeigh: We could have a twist similar to Iron Man 3, where the focus is placed on one villain before the rug is pulled under our feet and it's revealed that Denbeigh was Blofeld all along. What's also interesting about Scott's casting is his age and nationality, they are exactly the same as Chiwetel Ejiofer...is it likely that Ejiofer was the original choice for Denbeigh?

article-2309243-194B728C000005DC-241_634x816.jpg

I could see Scott as a young urbane Blofeld.

I think it is likely he was cast in the Ejiofor role. But as Blofeld? I don't see it. Not only because he'd be too young, but how could Blofeld hide under the guise of a British man?
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    I think there are only really two options as to who Blofeld will be in the film:

- Oberhauser: We will be introduced to the character as Franz Oberhauser before the inevitable reveal that he is Blofeld. This fits all the rumours that have leaked thus far and it makes the most sense especially when considering Waltz's casting. You don't hire an actor of Waltz's calibre to relegate him to a subordinate role.

- Denbeigh: We could have a twist similar to Iron Man 3, where the focus is placed on one villain before the rug is pulled under our feet and it's revealed that Denbeigh was Blofeld all along. What's also interesting about Scott's casting is his age and nationality, they are exactly the same as Chiwetel Ejiofer...is it likely that Ejiofer was the original choice for Denbeigh?

I think it is likely he was cast in the Ejiofor role. But as Blofeld? I don't see it. Not only because he'd be too young, but how could Blofeld hide under the guise of a British man?

You really think they would have scruples to make Blofeld British,if it suits them?
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

You really think they would have scruples to make Blofeld British,if it suits them?
    Whatever suits them is irrelevant: it would make actually no sense. How could he hide his identity? And what a lame alias!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    I'd like Denbeigh to be Spectre's No. 2 who has embedded himself in the British government to bring the secret service down, so that Blofeld can focus on his plot which involves destroying Bond under the guise of Oberhauser.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to a "business enemy" of Mi6 instead of an actual evil, cunning baddie.
  • FrozenStalkPuFrozenStalkPu Always on the move- I'm a traveling salesman
    Hi I'll be very disapointed if SPECTRE turns out to be a splinter group of MI6, or a betrayal from within. It is extremely tired and we've been subjected to it so many times in other hollywood dreck. I would hope EON has the courage to do something original that will really make us sit up and applaud in theaters.
  • FrozenStalkPuFrozenStalkPu Always on the move- I'm a traveling salesman
    Can ya subscribe to threads here?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Zorin61 wrote: »
    leas_mole wrote: »
    this made me laugh :)
    319443.jpg
    Fab picture. This film is going to be a cracker, and i couldn't be happier with these two lovley ladies.

Daniel has the best job in the world. I would rather do what he gets to do than be Bill Gates retired with his Billions in the bank. Money can't buy being Bond. That's the Holy Grail.

He does look relaxed and thats great. He really got a tough time when he first took on the role the pressure was on for him to shut up the haters "oh his hairs blonde, hes too short blah blah blah!. He has nothing to prove now, he deserved to be relaxed and comfortable in Bonds skin now, hisotrically it has always made for a better Bond when the actor finally forgets his critics and knows he can deliver. Connery and Brosnan were the same. I believe Barbara Broccoli when she says that they want to make this the best Bond movie ever and I believe this team will deliver.

LETS HAVE IT! this will be the longest year ever!.

Whatever suits them is irrelevant: it would make actually no sense. How could he hide his identity? And what a lame alias!

May I ask how his nationality would make a difference in hiding his identity?
  • I feel like with this film and cast could easily be a High Time to Kill adaptation, which it isn't. I know that. I'm just having a bit of fun.

- High Time to Kill was Bond's introduction to the Union, as an evil organisation. (Bond 24 is introducing Spectre for the first time in the rebooted timeline).
    - High Time to Kill had a "finale" set in icy mountains (which Bond 24 is probably going to do.
    - The villain, Roland Marquis, was from Bond's past and an archenemy (Waltz, who maybe the villain, is said to be Oberhauser, a character from Bond's past).
    - High Time to Kill ended with the reveal of a mole in Mi6, who ended up being Bond's then-girlfriend Helena Marksbury (Some people think Denbeigh will end up being a mole)
    - Besides the mole there are two other Bond girls in High Time to Kill, Gina Hollander and Hope Kendall (Lea Seydoux and Monica Bellucci)

He'd have to pass as a British guy and have been hiding well enough to become a MI5 member. Not impossible, but not exactly his background. Unless they decide
    Unless they decide to make Blofeld another Drax.

He'd have to pass as a British guy and have been hiding well enough to become a MI5 member. Not impossible, but not exactly his background. Unless they decide

MI5 member? I never saw him in a mole position.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2014 Posts: 11,139
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    I'd like Denbeigh to be Spectre's No. 2 who has embedded himself in the British government to bring the secret service down, so that Blofeld can focus on his plot which involves destroying Bond under the guise of Oberhauser.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to a "business enemy" of Mi6 instead of an actual evil, cunning baddie.

Too much effort just to kill Bond. Someone operating that close would have an easier time poisoning his morning scotch.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited December 2014 Posts: 2,138
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I find it strange that people come up with the most insane theories for Bond that
    AdaShelby wrote: »

Too much effort just to kill Bond. Someone operating that close would have an easier time poisoning his morning scotch.

I really think Denbeigh is under Guy Haynes's control. "The PM's right hand mad" and member of Qauntum we found this out in QOS when Bond shows Mathis the photographs.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'm not buying that Fiennes is Blofeld. They brought him in to play M and already set that up as a surprise. Furthermore, I don't think EON had the SPECTRE storyline in mind when Skyfall was written. Heck, they didn't have the rights yet.

If there is any misdirection going on, it would be in the role of Andrew Scott. But I am not buying that he is Blofeld either...quite possible, dare I say...that he will take over as "James Bond" for Bond 25 and beyond. That it is here that the name will be "code" for 007. I am not convinced Craig will return after SP.

No, I am going with the more obvious: Waltz is indeed Blofeld, because he's a big enough name/presence to work across two films--or more.
  • The "Fiennes is Blofeld" theory is ridiculous. If that turns out to be true I'll kill myself.

Waltz is probably Blofeld. Don't emasculate Bond. Have him end the film kissing Lea on a boat.

All in all aside from the title this looks really promising.
  • Apparently Sam Smith has been approached to sing Bond theme and he says "I'd love to do it"

http://t.co/ULnXYF8ubc

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TripAces wrote: »
    I'm not buying that Fiennes is Blofeld. They brought him in to play M and already set that up as a surprise. Furthermore, I don't think EON had the SPECTRE storyline in mind when Skyfall was written. Heck, they didn't have the rights yet.

If there is any misdirection going on, it would be in the role of Andrew Scott. But I am not buying that he is Blofeld either...quite possible, dare I say...that he will take over as "James Bond" for Bond 25 and beyond. That it is here that the name will be "code" for 007. I am not convinced Craig will return after SP.

No, I am going with the more obvious: Waltz is indeed Blofeld, because he's a big enough name/presence to work across two films--or more.

tumblr_ms08acbSCc1qgbepko1_500.gif

MI5 member? I never saw him in a mole position.
    according to the BBC he's MI5.when asked Scott said whether his character was good or bad he said it depends how you'd look at it. Implying, I think, a jerk more than a villain.

The tilte thread says, "title song artist chosen". So I scrolled through the last 106 posts, only to find nothing whatsoever confirming any title song artist, instead an uncontrolled flow of utter rubbish.

How about aligning the content of this thread at least to a minimal degree with its title?
  • doubleoego wrote: »

I agree that the biggest question mark at the moment should be placed on Scott's character but I too believe that ultimately Waltz will be revealed as Blofeld. If you look at the interviews with Mendes and Waltz they are not flat-out denying Blofeld's presence, they're deliberately being coy but it all seems to be done with a big wink and a knowing smirk. It's pretty obvious from the press conference that Waltz is Blofeld.

Anyway....why does everyone think that Blofeld will be in Bond 24 and 25. Listen carefully to Mendes here:
    http://news.sky.com/story/1385592/bond-is-back-details-of-new-film-revealed

He seems to suggest that 'SPECTRE' will be the end of his tenure directing Bond. He states that the film 'finishes' the story he started. This seems to suggest that while 'SPECTRE' will introduce Blofeld it will be his only appearance. Also remember that Logan pitched an idea that was supposed to tie Bond 24 and 25 together, however, once Mendes got involved he changed the idea so it could be one film.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,554
    Well, let's not forget, double, Scott was "handpicked" for his role. Let's face it: Scott becoming the new Bond is not nearly as far-fetched as Fiennes being Blofeld.

EON made a seamless transition from Dench to Fiennes. They may be trying to find a new way to start introducing their new Bonds. A lot of fans can't get their heads around the reboot. Instead of finding a new actor to keep playing an aging Bond, it's time for EON to find a new way to explain a new Bond, every few films. He's going to start being "replaced." James Bond may be DC's name, but it's a name that will start being code after this. Maybe?

Remember in CR..."I thought M was a randomly assigned letter." Is it time for "James Bond" to also be an assigned name for 007, to hep EON present new actors to the role?

It's possible. It's also possible that Scott is that man starting with 25 or 26.

Don't dismiss the idea so quickly.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

92ee6a5bfc2e92379292d727dcf35c70.jpg

fc7c3f551388c6b3772d1cb869f4bd90.jpg

doubleoego wrote: »

I agree that the biggest question mark at the moment should be placed on Scott's character but I too believe that ultimately Waltz will be revealed as Blofeld. If you look at the interviews with Mendes and Waltz they are not flat-out denying Blofeld's presence, they're deliberately being coy but it all seems to be done with a big wink and a knowing smirk. It's pretty obvious from the press conference that Waltz is Blofeld.

Anyway....why does everyone think that Blofeld will be in Bond 24 and 25. Listen carefully to Mendes here:
    http://news.sky.com/story/1385592/bond-is-back-details-of-new-film-revealed

He seems to suggest that 'SPECTRE' will be the end of his tenure directing Bond. He states that the film 'finishes' the story he started. This seems to suggest that while 'SPECTRE' will introduce Blofeld it will be his only appearance. Also remember that Logan pitched an idea that was supposed to tie Bond 24 and 25 together, however, once Mendes got involved he changed the idea so it could be one film.

I wonder if Spectre like The Spangled mob will be one and done and Quantum wil be stil an ongoing threat for bond after Spectre...

That would make a few people here rather angry I would assume.

The most stupid idea, I read in here, but sure, go ahead. :))
    Seriously, who ever will come after DC, its not gonna be this chap.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't know who will be the next Bond after DC but I will bet everything I have on one thing. It will not be Andrew Scott.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't know who will be the next Bond after DC but I will bet everything I have on one thing. It will not be Andrew Scott.

In all honesty? I think the Bond franchise is going through a 2nd Golden Age ( http://screencrush.com/spectre-bond-and-blofeld-a-brief-history-of-007s-greatest-adversary) Financially and creatively. I don't want Danny Craig to leave. I want him to do three more. Don't care about his age, if he continues going to the gym like a junkie. Something Sir Roger Moore and Sir Sean Connery never did.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,554
    The word "possible" needs a dictionary definition on message boards. I keep forgetting this. LOL But Scott is just 5-8. Scrap any possibility altogether!

In any event, there is going to have to be a time when DC is replaced. I do think it's possible that that replacement will come within the film (24 or 25) in M's replacement was revealed.
    bondjames wrote: »

In all honesty? I think the Bond franchise is going through a 2nd Golden Age ( http://screencrush.com/spectre-bond-and-blofeld-a-brief-history-of-007s-greatest-adversary) Financially and creatively. I don't want Danny Craig to leave. I want him to do three more. Don't care about his age, if he continues going to the gym like a junkie. Something Sir Roger Moore and Sir Sean Connery never did.

Agreed I loved Royale Solace (which i feel will like From Russia with love and OHMSS eventually get classic standing it deserves) Skyfall has actually moved up in ranks upon recently rewatching it. And Spectre is looking to be just as good