SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Getafix wrote: »
    We can only hope they get it right this time. From what I'm picking up about the story it sounds a bit more intelligent than SF.

To be honest until I saw SF in the cinema I had no suspicion at all, what catastrophe was waiting for me. My only worry - from all the story parts I knew until then - actually was, how they would cram so much of story development into only 140 minutes. Well,afterwards I knew!
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    quote="Tokoloshe;393877"]
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    One thing I don't want with SPECTRE or Bond 25 is for them to re boot the story of Tracy. Thats something I would like left alone

I've been a Blofeld supporter and am looking forward to the re imagining but I have to agree with this. Considering that Craig's Bond has already had a love of his life lost, it just doesn't seem right to do that again so quickly. But then again, Blofeld killing Tracy is what made the relationship between him and Bond so personal in the books. At this point, I trust the filmmakers that they know what they're doing. Guess we'll see what happens.

But if Mr White turns out to be Blofeld then he has already killed Daniel Craig's "Tracy"...

Different timeline. I think the way to view everything before Daniel is it did'nt happen. What you need to remember is at the start of QOS M had only just made Bond a "00"...

Yes, of course I know all that! You're missing my point entirely.

The suggestion was that the Tracy storyline shouldn't be repeated in the reboot timeline because we have only recently had Vesper. However it was pointed out that Blofeld having killed the love of Bond's life is what made the relationship between them so personal in the early films.

My point was that if we discover in SP that Mr White actually is Blofeld, then he will actually have killed the love of Bond's life (i.e. Daniel Craig's equivalent of Tracy). That's why it would be such a powerful revelation.[/quote]

Ah I see. Sorry mate read it differently. In that case +1 totally agree.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @Matt_Helm and @Getafix, whilst it's nice to get some further opinion from you about Skyfall ( afterall I'm sure there may be one or two newer members who haven't read one of your...copious amounts of negative posts), may I ask politely that you use this sub forum to discuss Spectre, and try not to use it to ram negative Skyfall opinion further down our throats?
    Yes I know it's fair to expect comparisons between the two, but we seriously do understand now exactly what you thought about Skyfall, and we can now move on and enjoy everyone's excitement for the new film.

There are still Skyfall threads where you can go and dis to your hearts content. But right now, right here, we are discussing the Production timeline of Spectre.
  • NicNac wrote: »
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Spectre Sam Mendes hints at 'more mischief' in new James Bond film

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30328726

Judging from this statement alone it's probably safe to say, that he will clinch on to his old mantra "dour and bland. No originality! dour and bland. No originality!"
    Why shouldn't he? After all it worked very well for him.

It's going to be a fun 12 months seeing how many times you can make this same point over and over.

I guess compared to how often the likes of Gustav Graves will manage to praise the brilliance and genius of Mendes and Eon it will turn out statistically insignificant.
    leas_mole wrote: »
    this made me laugh :)
    319443.jpg

Fab picture. This film is going to be a cracker, and i couldn't be happier with these two lovley ladies.
  • NicNac wrote: »
    @Matt_Helm and @Getafix, whilst it's nice to get some further opinion from you about Skyfall ( afterall I'm sure there may be one or two newer members who haven't read one of your...copious amounts of negative posts), may I ask politely that you use this sub forum to discuss Spectre, and try not to use it to ram negative Skyfall opinion further down our throats?
    Yes I know it's fair to expect comparisons between the two, but we seriously do understand now exactly what you thought about Skyfall, and we can now move on and enjoy everyone's excitement for the new film.

There are still Skyfall threads where you can go and dis to your hearts content. But right now, right here, we are discussing the Production timeline of Spectre.

I was commenting on his current statement and extrapolating from his known CV, so I still think my comment was in the right thread.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Spectre Sam Mendes hints at 'more mischief' in new James Bond film

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30328726

Judging from this statement alone it's probably safe to say, that he will clinch on to his old mantra "dour and bland. No originality! dour and bland. No originality!"
    Why shouldn't he? After all it worked very well for him.

It's going to be a fun 12 months seeing how many times you can make this same point over and over.

I guess compared to how often the likes of Gustav Graves will manage to praise the brilliance and genius of Mendes and Eon it will turn out statistically insignificant.

As I say you can say what you want about Skyfall, but please don't start clogging this thread up with the same opinion you have given us many times.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Zorin61 wrote: »
    319443.jpg

Fab picture. This film is going to be a cracker, and i couldn't be happier with these two lovley ladies.

One thing's for sure from this photo. Craig is Bond. Never seen him look so good and so relaxed. He's in top form.

They all look like they're having fun.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    319443.jpg

One thing's for sure from this photo. Craig is Bond. Never seen him look so good and so relaxed. He's in top form.

Still in the hot cookie department sadly they don't deliver,IMO.
  • O6GO6G
    Nearly ruined everything by reading the plot synopsis. Remove it??
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Empire have now run a story about White's return, although they really need to check their research before posting their stories, apparently White hasn't been seen since Sienna tied to a chair, are we forgetting his dead pan quip about Tosca in Bregenz?

I know some people might want to forget QOS (not me) but really the standard of journalism on the internet is just getting worse, no one gets stories for themselves anymore it's just cut and paste.

Utterly can't wait for Spectre, this looks like another cracker.
    bondjames wrote: »
    319443.jpg

Yes, they all look like they're having a great time, and i totally agree, I've never seen Craig look looking so good or relaxed either.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Well, yesterday was a BIG day. I slept only for 2 hours waiting for the event and writing material for James Bond Brasil aftewards. Anyway, I loved the title, it's 100% Fleming's Bond, classic and punchy. If you didn't noticed, has the same number of letters of SKYFALL. The cast is superb, and I believe we'll have something very special next year.

Today I took the time to read all the comments here in almost 20 pages, and I'm pretty happy that SPECTRE was well accepted amongts us.

As you may now, the Bond titles in Brazil usually are translated or have some sub/pre-title added. This time around we (the Brazilians) don't want "OPERAÇÃO" (Operation) before the title. And leaving only SPECTRE should sound strange for general audiences. So, I suggested a very cool title for Sony Pictures Brasil:

B4EOhkSCcAEyUNW.png

007 - AMEAÇA SPECTRE. Where "Ameaça" stands for Threat. So SPECTRE THREAT I think will be a very Bondian title, and a classic one for the Brazilian public. What do you guys / girls think?

That's it, the hype continues, let the mayhem begin...
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    Empire have now run a story about White's return, although they really need to check their research before posting their stories, apparently White hasn't been seen since Sienna tied to a chair, are we forgetting his dead pan quip about Tosca in Bregenz?

I know some people might want to forget QOS (not me) but really the standard of journalism on the internet is just getting worse, no one gets stories for themselves anymore it's just cut and paste.

Utterly can't wait for Spectre, this looks like another cracker.

Agree with your post.Doesn't surprise me coming from these so called "film journalists". Most news sites today are mostly cut and paste when it comes down to "scoops".

• Well, yesterday was a BIG day. I slept only for 2 hours waiting for the event and writing material for James Bond Brasil aftewards. Anyway, I loved the title, it's 100% Fleming's Bond, classic and punchy. If you didn't noticed, has the same number of letters of SKYFALL. The cast is superb, and I believe we'll have something very special next year.

Today I took the time to read all the comments here in almost 20 pages, and I'm pretty happy that SPECTRE was well accepted amongts us.

As you may now, the Bond titles in Brazil usually are translated or have some sub/pre-title added. This time around we (the Brazilians) don't want "OPERAÇÃO" (Operation) before the title. And leaving only SPECTRE should sound strange for general audiences. So, I suggested a very cool title for Sony Pictures Brasil:

B4EOhkSCcAEyUNW.png

007 - AMEAÇA SPECTRE. Where "Ameaça" stands for Threat. So SPECTRE THREAT I think will be a very Bondian title, and a classic one for the Brazilian public. What do you guys / girls think?

That's it, the hype continues, let the mayhem begin...

From what I read from your posts @marketto007, you are a wonderful, positive, happy chap :-). You always approach people or react to people in an empathic, happy fashion. You are as geeky as I am. And I love it ;-).
  • Does anyone have the teaser poster in either super high-res? I've been desperate searching for it.
  • Ross1Ross1 Sao Paolo, Brazil
    edited December 2014 Posts: 3
    Marketto, I think that "007 contra SPECTRE" (007 against Spectre) would be a more classic, traditional brazilian title choice, as like "007 contra o satânico Dr. No", "Moscou contra 007" "007 contra Goldfinger", "007 contra o Homem da Pistola de Ouro", "007 contra o Foguete da Morte", "007 contra GoldenEye"...
    HASEROT wrote: »
    turning a character like Tanner - who is an ally of Bond in every novel written and every film made, into a traitor... that would take some serious balls - but will undoubtedly piss off a lot of people... it would be like turning Leiter into a bad guy.. i don't see it happening...

Denbigh will most likely be the insider..

I think Denbigh will more likely be an antagonist, bad team player.

Denbigh is not exactly a good villain's name. Even for a minor one.
    The theory of Tanner being Blofeld is very intriguing, especially having rewatched the "shadows" scene where Mallory and M are talking and Tanner standing further behind in the dark.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Tanner as Blofeld is a theory?

798820.gif
  • Ross1Ross1 Sao Paolo, Brazil
    edited December 2014 Posts: 3
    People are talking about Blofeld being portrayed by Christoph Waltz, Jesper Christensen, Andrew Scott, Monica Bellucci, even Rory Kinnear, but are not paying much attention to Ralph Fiennes, an excellent actor that could easily portray Bond's most famous nemesis. Imagine if Bond discovers that the new M is, in fact, Blofeld and make an attempt as like in the book The Man With The Golden Gun...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ross1 wrote: »
    People are talking about Blofeld being portrayed by Christoph Waltz, Jesper Christensen, Andrew Scott, Monica Bellucci, even Rory Kinnear, but are not paying much attention to Ralph Fiennes, an excellent actor that could easily portray Bond's most famous nemesis. Imagine if Bond discovers that the new M is, in fact, Blofeld and make an attempt as like in the book The Man With The Golden Gun...

Voldermort as Blofeld...AVADAKADAVRA!

rf_blofeld.png

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,756
    Could 007 Blofeld? @-)
    Or... Sam Mendes behind the camera?
    Or... Barbara...?
    mind_blown.gif
  • If Blofeld would read this, he would be saying: "Ingenious, how my organization is creating so much head scratching >:) !"
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Could 007 Blofeld? @-)
    Or... Sam Mendes behind the camera?
    Or... Barbara...?
    mind_blown.gif
    THIS!

=))
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,400
    I think there are only really two options as to who Blofeld will be in the film:

- Oberhauser: We will be introduced to the character as Franz Oberhauser before the inevitable reveal that he is Blofeld. This fits all the rumours that have leaked thus far and it makes the most sense especially when considering Waltz's casting. You don't hire an actor of Waltz's calibre to relegate him to a subordinate role.

- Denbeigh: We could have a twist similar to Iron Man 3, where the focus is placed on one villain before the rug is pulled under our feet and it's revealed that Denbeigh was Blofeld all along. What's also interesting about Scott's casting is his age and nationality, they are exactly the same as Chiwetel Ejiofer...is it likely that Ejiofer was the original choice for Denbeigh?

article-2309243-194B728C000005DC-241_634x816.jpg

I could see Scott as a young urbane Blofeld.
  • Ross1 wrote: »
    People are talking about Blofeld being portrayed by Christoph Waltz, Jesper Christensen, Andrew Scott, Monica Bellucci, even Rory Kinnear, but are not paying much attention to Ralph Fiennes, an excellent actor that could easily portray Bond's most famous nemesis. Imagine if Bond discovers that the new M is, in fact, Blofeld...
    How, exactly, could a decorated British Army officer (with a well-documented record in Northern Ireland & elsewhere, presumably) have secretly established himself as the leader of an international crime syndicate while simultaneously concealing his real identity as a non-British citizen?

I ain't buyin' it.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Marketto, I think that "007 contra SPECTRE" (007 against Spectre) would be a more classic, traditional brazilian title choice, as like "007 contra o satânico Dr. No", "Moscou contra 007" "007 contra Goldfinger", "007 contra o Homem da Pistola de Ouro", "007 contra o Foguete da Morte", "007 contra GoldenEye"...

I totally agree Ross, but I think "Ameaça" will bring a classic either contemporary feel to the title. :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883

Of all the theories put forward this one is the most intriguing. Sort of a Palpatinesque individual whose true character unfolds over 3 films (he could have been instrumental in discrediting Dench's M behind the scenes and taking the top job in order to protect SPECTRE from Mi6). It could be epic, and I'm all for it, but somehow sadly I don't think they'll take this route.

I'm pretty sure it's not Waltz. That's a red herring. I'm 100% sure it's not Scott either. There's someone kept under wraps for this one.
  • Ross1 wrote: »

To use this part of TMWTGG because Bond knows M is a bad guy would indeed be interesting, but only in 4 better yet 6 movies. There has been so much betrayal,brooding and navel gazing, it seems enough for now. After all the Bond series (be it novels or films) has never claimed to be a serious spy series,which btw is the reason it still exists. But still, good idea!