SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited December 2014 Posts: 3,168
    Bond star Daniel Craig already filmed a train scene in Oujda, Morocco, expected to return again in June 2015 :)
    http://t.co/aiVDUvAKXl
    "The production will return in June for a 10-day shoot with locations including Tangier and the desert. That shoot will be of such scale that it’s requiring four months of preparation, said Alaoui, who will receive a career tribute at this year’s Marrakech film festival."

Four months of preperation for a 10 day shoot? They must be building some sets there. This does indeed spell "large scale."
  • JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    I hate speculating in this thread, but as I'm a bit excited right now, I'll add my two cents. Perhaps Mr. White has been Blofeld all along, but hasn't been THE Blofeld. He's just some guy in Quantum, doing his work. Suddenly, there's a shift in power, Mr. White makes some moves, drops his Quantum code name, Mr. White, and heads SPECTRE as Blofeld. Bond 25 is titled The Garden of Death.
    /Dream over

The Blofeld code name theory :)

So they are spending seven or more months shooting SPECTRE, and (only?) 2-3 months in post?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    The reason Mr. White turning out to be Blofeld would not work at all is that Jesper Christensen is dead wrong for the role of the MAIN villain. He is completely unremarkable.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Bond star Daniel Craig already filmed a train scene in Oujda, Morocco, expected to return again in June 2015 :)

Well, I dare to propose that the camera setting we saw may mean that in SPECTRE, there will be a shot of Craig in the moving train, seen from outside. Now, do you do that to shoot a conversation, or a fight :) ?
    Matt_Helm may be rude sometimes but we do need him on this forum.

Are you sure ? Super-predictable "opinions" are boring. And this works whether one is predictable because one's 100% negative, or whether one checks the IMDB ratings on any movie before saying it's good or not...

jake24 wrote: »
    This one talks about how Dennis Gassner chose the Ice Q restaurant instead of the Skywalk in Dachstein, and that it'll be closed from January 1st to January 20th for filming involving Daniel Craig.
    So they are spending 20 days on interior shots in Austria, as well? I guess this confirms that Austria will play a large role in B24!

• Zekidk wrote: »
    So they are spending 20 days on interior shots in Austria, as well? I guess this confirms that Austria will play a large role in B24!
    Or scheduling very safely to be sure you'll have at least a few days in it of bright sun in the sky and snow on the ground...

I suspect some here will look at the weather forecasts of the shooting locations to check if everything is going smoothly :)
    Couldn't they just use CGI for the background, like they did in SF with Bond sitting at the Shanghai hotel bar?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited December 2014 Posts: 2,138

Well, I dare to propose that the camera setting we saw may mean that in SPECTRE, there will be a shot of Craig in the moving train, seen from outside. Now, do you do that to shoot a conversation, or a fight :) ?
    Matt_Helm may be rude sometimes but we do need him on this forum.

Are you sure ? Super-predictable "opinions" are boring. And this works whether one is predictable because one's 100% negative, or whether one checks the IMDB ratings on any movie before saying it's good or not...

If this true and the end of SPECTRE could see Bond meet Blofeld with Mark Strong considering they were out there together "hill walking" Mark and Dan are best buds, Dan is Mark's sons godfather. However Dan denied he was there filming so if that was an attempt to keep the secret then perhaps so is this, maybe all along your made to think Waltz but this the big twist like how they kept killing off Dame Judi a secret
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    I hate speculating in this thread, but as I'm a bit excited right now, I'll add my two cents. Perhaps Mr. White has been Blofeld all along, but hasn't been THE Blofeld. He's just some guy in Quantum, doing his work. Suddenly, there's a shift in power, Mr. White makes some moves, drops his Quantum code name, Mr. White, and heads SPECTRE as Blofeld. Bond 25 is titled The Garden of Death.
    /Dream over

The Blofeld code name theory :)

The codename theory is like an epidemic: it touches every character.

My guess is that White is White, not Blofeld. He has some characteristics of Blofeld, and physically is quite close to the novels' OHMSS Blofeld, but let's not forget he was invented about ten years before they got the rights for the character. And he also has characteristics foreign to Blofeld: he is far more in the field than Blofeld.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Couldn't they just use CGI for the background, like they did in SF with Bond sitting at the Shanghai hotel bar?
    I'm pretty sure there's no CGI there, but a good old "miniature" background. Look at the reflections on the bar : they're there. Compare with the CGI background the scene just before (the pool) : no reflections at all. You don't notice it, and it would have been expensive to do on the moving water. But on the bar, you would notice it if there had been no reflections.
    Look at the reflections on the bar : they're there. Compare with the CGI background the scene just before (the pool) : no reflections at all. You don't notice it, and it would have been expensive to do on the moving water. But on the bar, you would notice it if there had been no reflections.
    Wow. That's the coolest explanation I've read today. Thanks, mate.
    And notice that when you shoot in 3D, you can't use the miniature background anymore (because then you actually see in 3D it's a miniature), that's why the 3D movies are full of CGI :)
    However Dan denied he was there filming so if that was an attempt to keep the secret then perhaps so is this, maybe all along your made to think Waltz but this the big twist like how they kept killing off Dame Judi a secret

Yes, basically, we have then an info according to which Mark Strong was around when Craig was shooting SPECTRE. It does not prove anything about Strong being in the movie or not, but it should make the rumors go wild. But, it means Craig would have lied on purpose. Therefore, the rumor won't be so wild after all : IMO, if you base a rumor/hypothesis on the claim that someone lie, you sound like a conspiracy nuts ;)
    PS : When I made the wild hypothesis they were filming a fight in the train, I didn't make the connection with Strong ! :)
    Craig wouldn't have allowed pictures taken of him next to Marc Strong to be posted online, if Strong has anything to do with the shooting of B24 in Morocco.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm still reading "Spectre" iin the comments not as the title of the movie, but Spectre as the organization we all knew. :D

Are the filming dates you posted the schedule of the second unit or the main one?

Not sure @PanchitoPistoles. I just posted what's on that link.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm pretty sure there's no CGI there, but a good old "miniature" background. Look at the reflections on the bar : they're there.
    The bar top is green screen, as is the background IMO. The reflections were added & warped for the camera tracking in shot. Bond's reflection is merely the original image of him flipped over & applied to the table top. Looks pretty good, but then it's not difficult stuff either.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Craig wouldn't have allowed pictures taken of him next to Marc Strong to be posted online, if Strong has anything to do with the shooting of B24 in Morocco.

Hiding in plain sight perhaps?

chrisisall wrote: »
    The bar top is green screen, as is the background IMO. The reflections were added & warped for the camera tracking in shot. Bond's reflection is merely the original image of him flipped over & applied to the table top. Looks pretty good, but then it's not difficult stuff either.
    I'm afraid it's more difficult than you think (notice they did not even try to do the reflections on the pool's water the scene before), and moreover, you don't have the result on set.

For a moody mute shot, I'm pretty sure the director wanted to see what he got when he shot it.

A miniature background is also not expensive compared to CGI, and when it's done, it's done. SF uses a lot of miniature work, and when they went with CGI, it gave in particular Silva's island, IMO far less convincing than any miniature work in the movie - troubles with a too short post-production planning ?

Also, even if it sounds cynical, this was also a "product placement" shot : Heineken and the Sony phone, paid largely for that miniature background :)

Finally, notice we know Chris Corbould is back for SPECTRE with his miniatures, but that we'll probably never have any communication about who will do the CGI etc...

• How long does it take to film a Bond movie, as in everything before post-production?
    According to Mendes they will be filming this one for 7 months.

And I understand why: SPECTRE is much more prone to weather circumstances. Remember, they will be filming heavily in Austria. Sam Mendes confirmed they return to the snow. It means that with this film there's perhaps even more planning and back-up scenario's involved.

But I think Barbara and Michael already have quite some experience with that with OHMSS and FYEO.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I hope there is less Second unit work on the movie. The Shanghai scene was ruined for me because the escalators are from the London offices of my employer. Ruined the illusion for me, sure Dan would also be out on the road than at Pinewood in front of a Bluescreen.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    A miniature background is also not expensive compared to CGI, and when it's done, it's done.
    Apologies, you are correct about the Bar set. I just saw how they filmed it.
    But I think Barbara and Michael already have quite some experience with that with OHMSS and FYEO.

Barbara Broccli was about 8 years old when OHMSS was shot...
  • But I think Barbara and Michael already have quite some experience with that with OHMSS and FYEO.

Barbara Broccli was about 8 years old when OHMSS was shot...

LOL, true, but I meant saying that they must have some experience with on location shooting in difficult and unpredictable weather circumstances...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I bet there'll be too little snow. Every dvd commentary where they needed snow. In areas know for having snow. When Bond arrives, it has to be shipped in ! :D
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited December 2014 Posts: 574
    Bond Girl special! Video - pay attention to what Léa says about 2 minutes in :)) she still in Emma mode I see ;)

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks for hth video @leas_mole, I hadn't seen these interviews yet! Those concerned that MP would not be desk-bound can rest assured, I think.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    the video was only uploaded about 2-3 hours ago. I still have not caught up with the forum so I am glad I have not put something up that already has been!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 372
    That video is a reminder that Naomi Harris is way too beautiful for playing Moneypenny. :p

I'm sad she'll be desk-bound in SPECTRE, she was great in SF.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think she will be mostly desk bound in SP, but we do not know that she does not get out at all. And I rather hope most of the story is left as a surprise for me (I know it will take hard work on my part to keep that; I managed for SF).
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Bond Girl special! Video - pay attention to what Léa says about 2 minutes in :)) she still in Emma mode I see ;)

Monica. I love her: "If you're beautiful you get noticed, if you have talent you get hired." Absolutely true. I love her. Period.

And, again, confirmation from Naomie Harris. She won't be travelling. She will be locked up in Pinewood, behind her desk, where she needs to be :O) .