SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Drax's space station and Amazon rocket base actually were quite plausible within the context of that film. The "interior logic" was not challenged.
    In that world, such space stations and rocket bases do exist.
    But in no world, does a steering colum move from one side of the car to the other.
    Like I said, its a purposeful continuity error. Its not even an accident. Like it or lump it, that's what it is.
    And its also telling that in no part of the SF movie, does anyone even attempt to explain why Bond has such a car, never mind why he might have two (the CR car and this one) because it can't be explained.
    The whole scenario is an-joke jammed into the film, for our amusement. Groann.
    Actually maybe the CR car, will make an appearance in SP, as we know it didn't get blowed up at SF Manor. :))
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    My father had a Sunbeam from the late 60's or early 70's that the steering wheel could actually change from one side to anyother! I know, weird. What I said when SF came out I will say it again. In my own personal theory the DB5 was standard issue for the double-O section in the 60's. Bond loved the car so much that he managed to get an old one restored for his personal use :D Simples!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited December 2014 Posts: 16,333
    NA NA NA NA BOO BOO! Are we really arguing over the DB5 again? Holy smokes have we run out of SPECTRE news already? Oh the humanity. :-??

As @haserot pointed out before. Who cares?
    Lets just wish them a good start tomorrow, that all goes well and according to plan. Hope they have fun with ths baby.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Sandy wrote: »
    In my own personal theory the DB5 was standard issue for the double-O section in the 60's. Bond loved the car so much that he managed to get an old one restored for his personal use :D Simples!
    Yes, and the weaponry is deactivated when given to an agent for personal use. Of course, Bond being Bond, he tinkered with that a bit obviously.
    ;)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Do you think we'll get some set photos? :D
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I do think we get at least on set photo from EON. Hope so! But it is very good publicity for them if they do, and I think they will.
  • I'm so bloody exited about tomorrow! Don't even know why since we won't get anything out of the first day of shooting apart fram the fact that we know that SP is in production..
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Sandy wrote: »
    My father had a Sunbeam from the late 60's or early 70's that the steering wheel could actually change from one side to anyother! I know, weird. What I said when SF came out I will say it again. In my own personal theory the DB5 was standard issue for the double-O section in the 60's. Bond loved the car so much that he managed to get an old one restored for his personal use :D Simples!
    That scenario actually does work. :) but what screws it all up, is the CR car that we know he has too. Does he compulsively collect these cars? :))
    Mendes for some weird reason had to jam the whole DB5 scenario in. Maybe it was an excuse to get the JB Theme music into the film, so fans wouldn't gripe, as he didn't want to feature it, in any of the normal parts of the movie.
    Actually, I would bet this is the case. These re-boot films are meant to be different than the original films- no gun barrel etc. So we only get the JB Theme full volume in a cheesy non-sensical trip down old-Bond memory lane.
    Mendes excuse for not including the gun-barrel is lame as they come too. ie he could have included gun-barrel quite easily if he actually wanted to. 20 other film directors managed to do it.
    I give him good credit. He serves up his bs with straight face.
    Hopefully he can dispense with the games this time, and give us a good re-boot of this flawed re-boot series.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Someone who thoroughly pays attention to the continuity of a 52 year old franchise are bound to go insane. It makes absolutely no sense for there to be a 40 year timeline, between Dr. No to DAD, even if it's a hypothetical timeline, hence the same man in each movie who barely ages. It is impossible. All this proves is that the Bond films and the creative minds behind them often don't pay attention to any of the previous films that don't connect with the present one. Whether it's deliberate is something I can't say. In Skyfall, for example, as it's a standalone movie, it does not at all take into account the events that occured in CR or QOS. The characters are there, but it's as if the whole Vesper/ Quantum story never happened, almost like SF took place in the original 40 year timeline.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    @jake24 I have always held the belief that every single Bond film is a mini-reboot.
    The series has been rebooted before.

Original timeline.
    DN - AVTAK

First Reboot.
    TLD -DAD

Second Reboot.
    CR - So on.
    Do we have any idea in what order the locations will appear in the movie?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    What kind of characters do we think Madeleine Swann and Lucia Sciarra will be, apart from the possibility of Sciarra being a female Blofeld? (I'm really interested to hear people's theories)
    It would be strange if Mendes and Logan made Bond's arch-enemy a woman, just about a year after Doctor Who turned The Master into a woman.
    The eve of filming! How exciting!!!! 8-}
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Austria (pre-titles sequence, then a few scenes after the title sequence, such as Turkey in SF, but longer)

London, England

Rome. Italy

Mexico City, Mexico

Tangier, Morocco

Erfoud, Morocco (Babs and Michael explained how they've tried to make the endings more isolated/outlandish, and what more than a dessert?)

jake24 wrote: »

Austria (pre-titles sequence, then a few scenes after the title sequence, such as Turkey in SF, but longer)

London, England

Rome. Italy

Mexico City, Mexico

Tangier, Morocco

Erfoud, Morocco (Babs and Michael explained how they've tried to make the endings more isolated/outlandish, and what more than a dessert?)

This is just a guess, right? There is no way Austria will be a minor location.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    Lea mentions Eva Green.

Do you think we'll get some set photos? :D

I hope we get the clapperboard pictures like we got with SF. Would be fun if we got a Picture with a bowl of cat food in the background

London, England

Rome. Italy

Mexico City, Mexico

Tangier, Morocco

It's a guess of course. But I didn't mean to say Austria wasn't a prominent location, because it probably is (e.g. pre-titles- 12 minutes, followed by another 30 minutes post-titles).
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267

London, England

Rome. Italy

Mexico City, Mexico

Tangier, Morocco

My own thoughts are that it will be...

Rome, Italy: (PTS: Mr White in Italy, anyone, plus the amount of action rumoured makes me think it'll be the PTS)

London, United Kingdom: (MI6, possibly in the PTS, briefing and throughout the film)

Morrocco: (I believe this will be the first location Bond is sent to, plus first appearance of some of the new characters

Austria: (The final location and set for the finale

London and MI6 will obviously be seen throughout the film and we might even get scenes in other locations seen throughout the film.
    @AdaShelby And where do you think Mexico will fit in?
  • @AdaShelby And where do you think Mexico will fit in?

Oh crap, I think it could feature as a scene that doesn't involve Bond and involves maybe either the villains or some of the secondary characters? We don't have much to go on with the Mexico scenes.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    We've already had White in a PTS in Italy ..so doubt and hope not.
    I think in DAF it was mentioned that Mexico was the location of Blofeld's oil rig. Could that be the use of Mexico's appearance in SP?

I think in DAF it was mentioned that Mexico was the location of Blofeld's oil rig. Could that be the use of Mexico's appearance in SP?

Blofeld's oil rig was in Baja California.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 10,588
    Murdock wrote: »

Blofeld's oil rig was in Baja California.

Baja California is in Northwestern Mexico.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    The series has been rebooted before.

Original timeline.
    DN - AVTAK

First Reboot.
    TLD -DAD

Second Reboot.
    CR - So on.

Timeline wise, no actually.

I use Bond's marriage to Tracy as an important continuity aspect, that went all the way until DAD really. There were several, distinct references to Bond's past love life in: TSWLM, FYEO and LTK. More indirect ones in DAF (PTS) and TWINE ("Have you ever lost a loved one before Mr Bond?").

Moreover, the PTS from GE looks very similar to the PTS from TLD, and they are actually set in the same timeframe: 1986/1987. Bond even wears the same black jumpsuit. Bond also says in GE: "Your predecessor kept a bottle of cognac in there", obviously referring to Robert Brown as "M".

Then there are references in the first three Bond films. These references, in FRWL ("For the revenge of our operative....Dr. No") and GF ("They almost get you on Jamaica Felix, didn't they?"), obviously refer to the events in DN.

So for me, the first timeline, the first "Bond era" goes from:
    --> 1962 until 2002

Then the completely rebooted "2nd Era", with a brand new timeline:
    --> 2006 until present

I wonder how many people actually agree with that. For me, especially continuity-wise, the Craig-era is absolutely top-notch. I love it. And I think it was a damn good idea to completely reboot everything. Not just elements, but entirely reset the Bond-timeline.

Therefore I'm convinced Tracy will never show up again. At least not during Craig's outing as Bond. Craig's Bond has her own "Tracy", and that was Vesper. He actually refers to it indirectly in SF.
  • AdaShelby wrote: »
    What kind of characters do we think Madeleine Swann and Lucia Sciarra will be, apart from the possibility of Sciarra being a female Blofeld? (I'm really interested to hear people's theories)
    It would be strange if Mendes and Logan made Bond's arch-enemy a woman, just about a year after Doctor Who turned The Master into a woman.

I just can't help thinking that she will be a villain of some sort. Don't forget, Sciarra means "Troublemaker". That tells you something. Moreover, when I saw her during the press presentation, her hair, looks, and especially when I heard her talking, I started to become convinced that she will play at least an important henchwoman, Klebb-Style, Volpe-style.

Madeleine Swann for me looks more and more like the first Bond-girl during the tenure of Craig that will be bedding Bond at the very end of the film. First blond one since Kara Milovy also :-).
    @Gustav_Graves I suspect that most of the new characters will represent different tentacles of SPECTRE. Denbigh in London, Sciarra in Italy, Oberhauser in Austria and even Mr. Hinx might be more than just a henchman. The question is: who is the leader?
    @Gustav_Graves I suspect that most of the new characters will represent different tentacles of SPECTRE. Denbigh in London, Sciarra in Italy, Oberhauser in Austria and even Mr. Hinx might be more than just a henchman. The question is: who is the leader?
    Me.