"Dont blow it all at once ": Die Another Day Appreciation Thread

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    The Bourne are so anti American though. At least Bond is a symbol of British pride not an apology like Bourne. And yes I agree the Bourne films were better made films. Upstarts never last though. Look where he is now ;)
    The story isn't anti-american it's about a rouge program of assassins. There was a balance of good and bad. Those films were never meant to go on as long as the Bond films, but they sure trounced those Bros films, easily.

EON had to look at the Bournes and say, "Ohhhhhh. Like THAT."
    ....and that's how we got QoS lol. ...also complete with the evil CIA. I swear the KGB gets better press in Hollywood than does the US government.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    ....and that's how we got QoS lol. ...also complete with the evil CIA. I swear the KGB gets better press in Hollywood than does the US government.
    The world know we are peace loving people. ;)
    12553-21740.jpg
    Lol funny... before we go far. I'm not happy with my government right now. But too often we as a world confuse the people of a country with its government.

I'd rather watch an interesting but flawed QOS than the last three Bros films.
    I enjoyed the Bros films except GE but just not as much as the Craig films. Oh and I like QOS btw. Far from perfect butis a director driven film vs strictly producer driven ...and ssurprising political and realistic plot. No made up countries like LTK.
    I agree completely with you Mc.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I agree completely with you Mc.

No you don't, because on other threads, you stated that you'd take GE over Brozzers last three films! :)) :)>-
    Oh, misread Mcdon. I like GE a lot. not the other Brozzers, though I tried.
  • The story isn't anti-american it's about a rouge program of assassins. There was a balance of good and bad. Those films were never meant to go on as long as the Bond films, but they sure trounced those Bros films, easily.

You seem under the impression, that Bourne made somehow more money than DAD. I seem to recall,that DAD was the sixth or seventh most successful movie of 02 (and became lots of good reviews as well).I don't think Bourne even came close (and I say this as someone,who really enjoys these flics )
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    The story isn't anti-american it's about a rouge program of assassins. There was a balance of good and bad. Those films were never meant to go on as long as the Bond films, but they sure trounced those Bros films, easily.

You seem under the impression, that Bourne made somehow more money than DAD. I seem to recall,that DAD was the sixth or seventh most successful movie of 02 (and became lots of good reviews as well).I don't think Bourne even came close (and I say this as someone,who really enjoys these flics )

Oh, this is not a discussion about money, but we can make it one. Why then did EON fire it's lead actor and reboot and completely mimic the style of the other film then?

Compare that AWFUL fight in the sound booth in TND to the Bourne fights. You can literally see the actors pulling their punches, LOL
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Why do you insist on turning every thread into a Bourne vs Brosnan thread?

Keep on topic.

Its ok ..we all have different opinions. Just glad we're both Bond fans. :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited November 2014 Posts: 15,423
    @TheWizardOfIce , I have most certainly enjoyed your definition of the film in its entirely. Well, apart from the torture scene which I have never been a fan of, but you, sir, have nailed everything what I liked about DAD.

I'd add some of my own likes to that list.

1-The Hotel Room where Bond encounters Peaceful Fountains of Desire, and senses the danger he was going to be thrown in. Also, nice homage to FRWL for the Chinese to try and film Bond while he romances the girl.

2-I know this bit would feel a little 'exaggerated' to most of you, but where Bond dodges Zao's rocket, as he ejects his passenger seat to flip the car over was brilliant (not exactly Classic Bond, but a tricky action film stunt).

3-Q's expression when he says "I wish I could make you vanish." Priceless. :))

4-Love the way how Bond outsmarts Miranda Frost by keeping the ring when she orders him to "hand over the toys." which he uses to explode the thick glass underneath, aiding his escape. Saved by the bell, right? :D

5-One thing I especially loved within the film was Bond's motivation by duty, without holding grudge with M for "abandoning him". Sure, he did try to put her in her place, but didn't take him long to accept the mission yet again.
    Okay.

DAD completely collapses after the story gets to EN

Its ok ..we all have different opinions. Just glad we're both Bond fans. :D

Agreed!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    1-The Hotel Room where Bond encounters Peaceful Fountains of Desire, and senses the danger he was going to be thrown in. Also, nice homage to FRWL for the Chinese to try and film Bond while he romances the girl.

2-I know this bit would feel a little 'exaggerated' to most of you, but where Bond dodges Zao's rocket, as he ejects his passenger seat to flip the car over was brilliant (not exactly Classic Bond, but a tricky action film stunt).

4-Love the way how Bond outsmarts Miranda Frost by keeping the ring when she orders him to "hand over the toys." which he uses to explode the thick glass underneath, aiding his escape. Saved by the bell, right? :D

5-One thing I especially loved within the film was Bond's motivation by duty, without holding grudge with M for "abandoning him". Sure, he did try to put her in her place, but didn't take him long to accept the mission yet again.
    @ClarkDevlin I like your style bro.
    chrisisall wrote: »

@ClarkDevlin I like your style bro.
    Much obliged to hear that, old chap. :D
    Dench's M was serial betrayer of Bond.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Q should never be an old man ever again. Having him young is pretty self explanatory, it's not even clever it just makes sense. No old man is going to have a clue about hacking and technology, not until at least 50 years when the natives of the digital era are old. :P
    Q should never be an old man ever again. Having him young is pretty self explanatory, it's not even clever it just makes sense. No old man is going to have a clue about hacking and technology, not until at least 50 years when the natives of the digital era are old. :P

But the original Q is somewhat of a GOD, imho. He can do anything he wants to I believe.
    ;) :!!
  • Q should never be an old man ever again. Having him young is pretty self explanatory, it's not even clever it just makes sense. No old man is going to have a clue about hacking and technology, not until at least 50 years when the natives of the digital era are old. :P

Yeah because Bond films have always striven to be realistic. Give me a break. Give me old Q or give me death because I don't like Wishaw in the role.
    I thought the kid was quite good and makes a pretty good Q
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2014 Posts: 15,692
    If you want a modern 'older' Q-like character, I give you the brilliant Harold Finch in 'Person of Interest'.

Yeah because Bond films have always striven to be realistic. Give me a break. Give me old Q or give me death because I don't like Wishaw in the role.
    Same here. Because Q is supposed to be a Quartermaster, not a computer geek. An experienced armourer who has been in the field or at least, the army, before. Q has got lots of computer geeks under his command, why would he be one? Hacking computers is something, making gadgets is another. And by gadgets, I do mean firearms, as well as other devices to work with. Wishaw may be a good addition to the series, but not as Q.
    Q should only ever be played by a middle aged to elderly gentleman called Desmond.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Just CGI Desmond onto whoever plays Q.
    Good one!!!
    =))

Genius. Do the same with Lois Maxwell.
  • RC7RC7

Andy Serkis as a CGI Llewelyn. I sense an Oscar.