SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I have been lurking around here and have been following Léa's career for a while (hence the username!). Surprisingly the Edit Magazine is the first time she has been actually been asked about the Bond rumours hence why I registered to say that Léa had quashed the rumours. She does tend to go giggly in interviews as she is actually quite shy in real life and perhaps the interviewer took it the wrong way. Like the way they thought that she was an ice queen when really it is because she is terrified and or nervous.

I would take Léa's word on this one. She is not coached on interviews like in Hollywood otherwise she would have said along the lines of, 'I can’t comment really on that one' like Joanne Froggatt.
    Thank you @leas_mole.
    Here's hoping you are wrong though as I really would like to see her in a Bond film :P
    Good news is that I think she is going to be in lots of films in the next while. She is a real talent with a palpable screen presence.
    I first took notice of her in Farewell My Queen. She owns that film, and her appearance in MI was very memorable as well. From period piece to spy thriller.
    Based on her MI work, she'd fit nicely in future spy genre films.
    Eon should keep her on their radar.
    Meh. Lea Seydoux is boring. Do you know who would be a great Bond girl in the future? Her co-star in "Blue is the Warmest Color", Adèle Exarchopoulos! She would be amazing.

Having said that, my number one choice is still EMILY BLUNT.
    @timmer I have noticed that you have a big supporter of Léa ;). I really wanted this rumour to be true but maybe the time is not right. Léa is currently taking English lessons to get rid of her French accent. I am assuming she is going for a posh English accent from her recent interviews. She has an English speaking part in the Lobster where she plays the supporting role of 'Loner Leader' in The Lobster which also stars DC's wife. No clips available as yet so difficult to gauge the accent.

However, there has been debate on Léa's forums as to whether it is actually Léa voicing the English dubbing on this Beauty And The Beast English Trailer (2014) - sometimes it really does sound like her. Sometimes it is really posh English but at the end it is almost Irish? So if this really is Léa then she will need to work on her accent as it is not consistent and maybe by Bond 25 she will be ready :)

@PanchitoPistoles Adèle Exarchopoulos's accent is even stronger than Léa's! So unless they are looking for a French lady then yes Adèle would be a great Bond girl one day. She is a lot more outgoing and confident than Léa. They are both great actresses and I would never pit them against each other as they are such good friends. I do feel that Adèle has to prove herself as an actress as she is really famous for Blue and has not had any major releases yet but that will come in time as she is currently shooting a film directed by Sean Penn.

And finally, urgh no to Rihanna unless she is doing a very short cameo of a singer!

@leas_mole Yes I am a fan of Seydoux No doubt about that. Like I said I first noticed her in Farewell My Queen. I tuned that film in because I like Diane Kruger, but I came away a Seydoux fan.
    Seydoux steals the film. Her screen presence is captivating. She does a lot with facial expressions and she has real ability to convey a character's thoughts and emotions without speaking. She's a serious actress.
    The fact that she can also deliver pure Tom Cruise blockbuster fare is bonus, which means she'slikely to turn up in more films that I watch, which is a lot of thriller stuff, but she's so good on screen, I could see myself checking out anything that she is in, no matter what it is.
    Maybe once she gets her accents figured out, she'd have more range to offer Bond producers, but she's doing some great work with what she's got right now.
    Is there one actress from Scandinavia or the UK in her 20s-30s that has not been rumored yet? I am joking of course... But so many names now.

When was Bérénice Marlohe first rumoured for SF?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    At the press conference, I think. ;)
    hah, some website in our country says that Jelena Jovanova might be in some list of next Bond girl.
    Of course I don't believe this as she said she wasn't approached, but it would be cool if we have macedonian Bond girl (which again makes no sesne are the story seems to have no connections with the Balkans)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,622
    dragonsky wrote: »
    hah, some website in our country says that Jelena Jovanova might be in some list of next Bond girl.
    Of course I don't believe this as she said she wasn't approached, but it would be cool if we have macedonian Bond girl (which again makes no sesne are the story seems to have no connections with the Balkans)
    Thanks for that! The rumour list expands yet again. :)
    Here it is! Macedonian actress.
    http://english.republika.mk/?p=130655
    Can't seem to copy the text but she says she was contacted via the casting director from Sarajevo, adding she did not go to any audition but was selected from video footage.
    The article says she has entered the second casting cycle.
    She says she has not received any call or confirmation from London.
    Jelena Jovanova
    97c3e5e4ef8238e4fbbf2cab3b3366f7.jpg
    Master list updated
    1. Penelope Cruz (40) Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce(34) , Argentine, singer, actress, model, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    8. Blake Lively (26) Green Lantern, Gossip Girl, source Gossip Girl
    9. Amber Heard (28) American, recent films, 3 Days To Kill and Machete Kills, source Gossip Girl
    10. Joanne Froggatt (33) Downton Abbey cast member, source Daily Star
    11. Isabel Edvardsson (32), Swedish dancer-actress source German news outlets
    12. Lea Seydoux (29) French actress, played in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Blue is the Warmest Colour, rumour reported by shmoesknow.com, mediamass.net
    13. Rihanna, age 26, Barbadian singer, Daily Mirror, Ok.co.UK.
    14. Rachel Weisz (44), English, recently in Oz The Great and Powerful, and The Bourne Legacy. Source enstarz.com, fanshare.com
    15. Jelena Jovanova (29) Macedonian actress, appears in the TV series Secrets, and Angelina Jolie film, In the Land of Blood and Honey, source, Serbia publication "Blic"
    Do we think we have heard no serious rumours/speculaton/buzz because it is a done deal and being kept under wraps? I rather think so. But then I wonder if it is someone who is a friend of Mendes' and has been mum on this for many months. Thinking of the main "British" Bond girl, I mean.
    I'm hoping for some interesting casting. None of the names I've heard so far have really set the pulse racing or got me that excited. Hoping Mendes pulls some surprises when they do the press conference. Mark Strong as villain...? Been done a load of times already. Lea Seydoux was in MI. I expect Mendes to be a bit more adventurous or off the wall. The success of SF must have earnt him the right to be freer in his casting choices and not have to go to the predictable names like Strong.
    I like Lea's look, though. She could play the other Bond girl; I don't think I'd mind that.

I honestly do not know Strong's work, so I cannot say if he has the gravitas and charisma of a great villain or if it's been done to death by him (too many villain roles).
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,425
    He was the villain in the first Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movie and in the awful Russell Crowe Robin Hood film. I'm sure there are a few others as well. Strong is actually a good actor, but he's become type-cast as the villain. Having him do ANOTHER villain would be a bit lame. But may be that's not why he's involved. He could be another MI6 agent, or an ally.

Jaguar even did an advert riffing off of it...

Getafix wrote: »
    I'm hoping for some interesting casting. None of the names I've heard so far have really set the pulse racing or got me that excited. Hoping Mendes pulls some surprises when they do the press conference. Mark Strong as villain...? Been done a load of times already. Lea Seydoux was in MI. I expect Mendes to be a bit more adventurous or off the wall. The success of SF must have earnt him the right to be freer in his casting choices and not have to go to the predictable names like Strong.

Totally...
  • Going back to Rihanna, I'd heard that she was going to make a cameo (a la the boat girl from TLD), not play a meaningful role. I feel like I heard a few sites mention Bryce Dallas Howard sometime back in July/August, but I may be completely wrong.
    Bryce_Dallas_Howard.jpg
    You know if she (rihanna) just appeared in some innocent cameo with virtually nil dialogue, it wouldn't be the worst thing, but we can't do Verity round two. Shudder.
    Do we think we have heard no serious rumours/speculaton/buzz because it is a done deal and being kept under wraps? I rather think so. But then I wonder if it is someone who is a friend of Mendes' and has been mum on this for many months. Thinking of the main "British" Bond girl, I mean.

I'm thinking the same thing. I suspect there were no screentests for the main Bond girl hence the lack of rumors. They had someone in mind, the actress accepted the role and everyone is keeping quiet. That's my theory.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

I'm thinking the same thing. I suspect there were no screentests for the main Bond girl hence the lack of rumors. They had someone in mind, the actress accepted the role and everyone is keeping quiet. That's my theory.

I think the same thing. There might actually have been screentests but only very selected, hence the lack of news. If they were screentesting dozens of actresses, news would have come out. If they testes only a couple, then nothing transpired.
    It seems very odd that Ruth Wilson has no current projects in development according to her imdb page. If she was chosen a few months ago, and couldn't accept any other roles because production has been delayed several times since, she might be the one ...
  • Ruth Wilson is set to appear in a play on Broadway with Jake Gyllenhaal from 16th December for 13 weeks. On the other hand, Emily Blunt and Rebecca Hall don't look that busy to me. Obviously, Hall may have something of an inside track.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And we all know how Mendes likes to farm out the women he shares his bed with.
    Yes, I do think the lead Bond-girl has been chosen already and is keeping mum. And as suggested there may have been a few screen tests but she passed. Or mabye she is still being courted, but fandom isn't in the loop yet.
    I don't think this is going to leak, until a day or two before the announcement, which is often a purposeful leak anyway...so I invite all of us to make a guess, just for the fun of it.
    Someone might end up looking real smart.
    Only one official guess.
    I am going be insane and guess that maybe the Amber Heard rumours did contain a kernel of truth or even better, spurred the Eon powers-that-be to give her a shout.
    I wouldn't bet a thin dime on this, but for the record that's my official guess.
    edited October 2014 Posts: 12,459
    doubleoego wrote: »
    And we all know how Mendes likes to farm out the women he shares his bed with.

Or rather, the women Mendes has been fortunate enough during this life to share his bed with are talented actresses with a firm grasp on their own careers who enjoy intelligent, challenging, and fun roles. It does say something good about him I think that at least two of his former loves (two I'm aware of: Winslet and Weisz) seem to have an amicable relationship with him still. As far as I know, Hall is still partnered with Mendes. (Also, I had heard Weisz dated him, but I never knew how serious that became.)

I would adore Kate Winslet in a Bond film, yet I have my doubts. Same for Rachel Weisz; doubts naturally because she is currently married to Craig.

Good news, as we have learned elsewhere, the Lea Seydoux rumours were indeed true!
    This is great news. I have been supportive of this casting choice from the outset and I always did think this rumour had a ring of possibility about it.
    She is one of the most intriguing rising young femmes in acting.
    As I've said, I first took serious note of her in Farewell My Queen, which I think is her tour de force. She won awards for that film.
    More in the mi6 home page article http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20141009-lea-seydoux?t=&s=&id=03771
    She will bring real smokey depth to whatever character she plays.
    She could have played femme fatale opposite Bogart, she is that alluring IMO.
    lea-seydoux.jpg

So the shmoes were right all along, as well as that writer that didn't believe her recent coy denials.

Master list updated to show we have a winner!
    1. Penelope Cruz (40) Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce(34) , Argentine, singer, actress, model, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    8. Blake Lively (26) Green Lantern, Gossip Girl, source Gossip Girl
    9. Amber Heard (28) American, recent films, 3 Days To Kill and Machete Kills, source Gossip Girl
    10. Joanne Froggatt (33) Downton Abbey cast member, source Daily Star
    11. Isabel Edvardsson (32), Swedish dancer-actress source German news outlets
    12. Lea Seydoux (29) French actress, played in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Blue is the Warmest Colour, rumour reported by shmoesknow.com, mediamass.net CONFIRMED 9OCTOBER2014
    13. Rihanna, age 26, Barbadian singer, Daily Mirror, Ok.co.UK.
    14. Rachel Weisz (44), English, recently in Oz The Great and Powerful, and The Bourne Legacy. Source enstarz.com, fanshare.com
    15. Jelena Jovanova (29) Macedonian actress, appears in the TV series Secrets, and Angelina Jolie film, In the Land of Blood and Honey, source, Serbia publication "Blic"
    Admittedly I was thrown off by her denying her involvement in The Edit magazine but I am sooooo happy right now! This would explain why her IMDB profile has been clear for a couple months which is unusual for Léa.

In addition to her acting chops Léa is the face of Prada Candy perfume. She has also been in many fashion editorials although she claims that she is not a model.

May I humbly present, Léa! Palme d'Or winner! No other Bond girl can say that! Plus she is a total babe, classy, thoroughly lovely woman and rocks leather!

les-inrockuptibles_0780.jpeg?1
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Reason to be happy - this is exactly the sort of actress who should be playing a Bond girl. Sorry Joanne Froggatt fans but this is what we are talking about: classy, great actress and most importantly simply oozes sex.

Reason to be unhappy - shame she's already played a Bond girl in MI:GP. And with the mirroring of locations with MI5 it seems EON are in danger of replacing copying Bourne with copying the MI series.

leas_mole wrote: »
    May I humbly present, Léa! Palme d'Or winner! No other Bond girl can say that!

I believe she is not only the first Palme d'Or winner Bond girl but also the first Palme d'Or winning person ever to be associated with a Bond film! (Although I am not 100% sure.)
    I'm very happy about Lea Seydoux, if she is indeed cast, which is pretty much confirmed now. Like other people mentioned, she is classic Bond girl material. I don't mind that she played in an MI movie. Let's not forget that Diana Rigg and Honour Blackman were both associated with a famous TV series before becoming Bond girls. And Seydoux is still a relative unknown. Beside, for some reasons it seems that casting French actresses for Bond girls work, especially for the Craig era.
    I believe she is not only the first Palme d'Or winner Bond girl but also the first Palme d'Or winning person ever to be associated with a Bond film! (Although I am not 100% sure.)

The Palme d'Or is only usually awarded to the director of the film. Steven Spielberg took the unprecedented decision in 2013 to also award this to the two actresses of Blue Is The Warmest Colour. Adèle Exarchopoulos is the only other recipient of the prize. Palme d'Or should not to be confused with the best actress award for the best actress (Prix d'interprétation féminine).

Maybe in a few years time, Adèle can say the same thing :)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Palme d'Or should not to be confused with the best actress award for the best actress

That's exactly my point. She is a Palme d'Or winner and not the winner of Prix d'interprétation féminine, a relatively unsignificant award only a handful of movie professionals and fans care about.