Going away or coming back?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks a lot. I am exhausted at the moment.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2014 Posts: 17,809
    Sorry to hear that, dear @Thunderfinger, thought it was odd I'd not heard anything from you of late. Shoot me a PM and we can chat further. If I can be of any help at all, please let me know friend.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That sounds serious and ominous, :@Thunderfinger. :(
    I hope you get things resolved satisfactorily soon. I expect your special hammer may have to come into play. Will psycho jerks ever learn? No, probably not.

And welcome back, @Sandy! You have been missed.
    We are just humming along without any exciting real news yet. But carrying on.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited August 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Hi @Sandy!

And I just got home, here are my pix; it was me, my Son & his friend, I'm the one who's clearly not a teen:

SANY8172_zps816440e4.jpg
    SANY8173_zpsbfb10f75.jpg
    SANY8174_zpse5309685.jpg
    SANY8183_zps0764f5be.jpg
    SANY8185_zps2b9150b0.jpg
    SANY8195_zps3e255c48.jpg
    SANY8199_zpsadab0dc7.jpg
    SANY8208_zpscd0973f1.jpg

This was mostly at the top; it was the easy part- the steep hike to it was way sweatier.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That doesn't look like El Capitan. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    That doesn't look like El Capitan. ;)
    EC is nearly ten times as high...
    @-)
    edited August 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Looks like a great workout climbing that! Good efforts, chrisisall. :)
    And, let me add, it looks a wee bit dangerous. Were you thinking at all of Dalton in TLD or Moore in FYEO?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Neat pics, @chrisisall! :)>-

I tried rock climbing years back, but my lack of upper-body strength was a serious drawback. Somehow, I found abseiling much easier. haha
    edited August 2014 Posts: 17,691
    And, let me add, it looks a wee bit dangerous. Were you thinking at all of Dalton in TLD or Moore in FYEO?
    Dalton in TLD, definitely. We stuck to the interior areas where a fall would probably not be too fatal; the exterior bits were pretty scary!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just letting you lot know that I'm back at school and it'll be starting for me on Monday, so I may find myself on less and less frequently. My first week will be hectic, so there are no guarantees of when I'll be on. Hope to talk to you all very soon, though! Going to try and pop in daily to keep up with the games and IM's.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,936
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Just letting you lot know that I'm back at school and it'll be starting for me on Monday, so I may find myself on less and less frequently. My first week will be hectic, so there are no guarantees of when I'll be on. Hope to talk to you all very soon, though! Going to try and pop in daily to keep up with the games and IM's.
    One less mod around can't be a bad thing- allows me to get away with spamming up the place a bit more. haha

Seriously though, good luck with it all, @Creasy! :-bd
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    hello all.... once again i have returned. It's been a few months I know, but I've gone through a lot personally...

1. My stepdad was diagnosed with colon cancer (thankfully though they caught it in enough time, and he is being treated as we speak).

2. Lost my job as a video editor / producer - thanks in large part to budget cutbacks.. and i've had a hell of a time trying to find local video production work...

so those 2 big things really ate up a huge chunk of my personal time, and quite honestly - left me in a bad state financially and mentally.... a really rough and trying time.

thankfully though I found another job - not the best, but it pays the bills for now..... and me and my friends (who do video work as well) decided to form up a group - sort of like an indy film crew - and decided that we would self produce a bunch of projects to put into film festivals and what not - and our first project (which i directed) was in our local 48 Hour Film Contest.. we didn't win any awards - but we were selected as part of the top 13 films of the competition, and we were nominated for 4 different awards........ here is the short film we made...

........ that about brings you up to speed as to what has been going on with yours truly as of late...
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @chrisisall those are lovely pictures. I can see you had a lot of fun with your son and his friend!

@Creasy17 best of luck with school.

@haserot I wish all the best for your stepfather and I hope you find a good job soon. I watched the 48 hour entry and it looks great. I really love the contrast between past and present (or is it present and future?) and colour vs grey tones. Domestic violence is a very serious issue and unfortunately this sort of story, just as you showed it, happens a lot out of dispair. Great work!
    @haserot welcome back man, and good job on "Domestic", it felt all too real.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I will be out of the department for some time
    I will wish you all well until my return take care.
    Take care @Mrcoggins, we'll be waiting your return :)
    edited August 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Dear @Mrcoggins - I hope you return as soon as you can. You will be missed! Take good care of yourself.
    Take care and see you soon @Mrcoggins.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will behave while you are gone. I am grown up now.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I will behave while you are gone. I am grown up now.
    Well we all live in hope !
    Good Morning All I'm back in the real world or so it would seem.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Good Morning All I'm back in the real world or so it would seem.

Welcome back old chap. Good to see you @Mrcoggins.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'm back baby!

Oi! @DarthDimi, I stopped at the star you suggested, but you weren't there. And to top it all off, there wasn't any buses. Hence why I'm late.

Or maybe the repair shop didn't have the correct part for my laptop....
    Welcome back @royale65, I think you came back at the right time. Things are finally starting to warm up.
    Welcome back, @royale65! :)
    Yes, news is beginning ... real news. I feel like we are near the top of the rollercoaster now. Glad you are with us again.
    Why thank you ladies. It does seem to hotting up, although, I'm deeply saddened to hear off Richard Kiel's passing. A giant of a man, only surpassed by the enormity of his heart. Such a shame. A truly great ambassador for the Bond films.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Nice to see you back, @royale65!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @royale65, good to have you back, sir! :-)
    Cheers gents. It's good too be back
  • Well, I dunno about "coming back", but dropped in to say hello. Probably all new people anyway.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well, I dunno about "coming back", but dropped in to say hello. Probably all new people anyway.

Some of the old KTBEU crew didn't jump ship Tux.There's a few of us still here.