SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @chrisisall I agree, Arnold's work on Independence Day was great! One the reasons I regularly rewatch that film.
    I am happy to hear about Newman's return. Sure, his score was not as good as some of Arnold's work, but I liked it a lot and I want to see what he can do with another shot at scoring a Bond flick.
    @chrisisall I agree, Arnold's work on Independence Day was great! One the reasons I regularly rewatch that film.

IMO, his Godzilla soundtrack is his best so far.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Zekidk wrote: »

IMO, his Godzilla soundtrack is his best so far.

Been a while since I saw that that film. I'll watch it soon and listen closely to the music :)

• Murdock wrote: »
    A lot of people here believe that a great score has to be melodic and any score without a theme is bland and generic. Guess what? These people are wrong.

Newman created a very rich and modern score for Skyfall but it seems like most people here are stuck in the 70s and think John Williams is the greatest movie composer of all time.

I think John Barry and Jerry Goldsmith are the greatest Movie composers of all time thank you.

What's so special about themeless music? Why can't today's movie scores be thematic and grand? Does everything have to follow a certain trend. I'd rather listen to music that I can remember and hum too rather than boring sound that's the equivalent to paint drying.

I agree. That isn´t to say I don´t like themeless soundtracks though; I thought Newman did a good job on Skyfall (there's those riveting violon bits during the action sequences) but I do miss the days of John Barry, Maurice Jarre, Jerry Goldsmith, Nino Rota, etc. in which you could instantly recognize this brilliantly written grand melody. John Williams is one of the last few composers who actually still makes me feel that way and I don't think he deserves to be discredited like this.
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    I think, its strange - well to me - that when Arnold was more or less bashed when Newman was first announced (I never understood tat in the first place) its now the other way around.

I guess that when it's all about reputation before the actual work, quite a few people read too much in Oscar nominations and so on. When the result is here for all to judge, the Oscar momentum then becomes very short lived, and then it's all about what people actually remembers.

John Barry never got an Oscar nomination for a work on Bond, who really cares about it now ? I think only one or two here at best, who like to think all the others are wrong in praising his melodic style, and that's all :)

If someone else than Newman or Arnold is announced, I think it will start with a recap of the IMDB page of awards and nominations to "judge" him !

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Oscar awards mean absolutely nothing. The fact that neither Harrison Ford or John Barry's Bond scores ever received one is the scientific proof of that.
  • I've enjoyed all of David Arnold's scores for the Bond films and would have been happy to see him return. I actually thought that the score for SF was very good and really worked with the visuals and pacing of the film, so I will be very happy if 12 time Academy Award nominee and Bafta winner for SKYFALL Thomas Newman does return to score Bond 24...
    Walecs wrote: »
    Oscar awards mean absolutely nothing. The fact that neither Harrison Ford or John Barry's Bond scores ever received one is the scientific proof of that.

Harrison Ford???
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    \:D/ that catchy Harrison beat.. sorry jk.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 3,157
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

Harrison Ford???

Yes. He's one of the best actors of all time, and received only one nomination, while a lot of actors less skillfuls than him won several Oscar awards.

Harrison Ford???

Yes. He's one of the best actors of all time, and received only one nomination, while a lot of actors less skillfuls than him won several Oscar awards.

While I am a big fan of yesteryears Ford I have to admit this never occured to me. For which movie especially you would have given him the nomination, if I may ask?

Harrison Ford???

While I am a big fan of yesteryears Ford I have to admit this never occured to me. For which movie especially you would have given him the nomination, if I may ask?

Any of the Indiana Jones movies, but also for Blade Runner, Regarding Henry (this one in particular) or Air Force One.
    Ooooooh as an actor ....nah I like his music better. \:D/
    If someone else than Newman or Arnold is announced, I think it will start with a recap of the IMDB page of awards and nominations to "judge" him !
    Hmm... I would just listen to some of his work on YouTube. But to each his own.

mcdonbb wrote: »
    Ooooooh as an actor ....nah I like his music better. \:D/

You don't say...
    Nah I like Harrison Ford as an actor. I just wanted to use that cool smilie again \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
    chrisisall wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I would love if John William's could do a Bond score before he goes.
    Wrong sound for Bond.

He would make it work. He is that good.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I would love if John William's could do a Bond score before he goes.
    Wrong sound for Bond.

He would make it work. He is that good.
    Agreed ...something like Minority Report or more modern Eiger Sanction.. idk but maybe... he is just so associated with Indy though. Hey Indy
    \:D/ \:D/ :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah saw that in the London metro newspaper this morning.
    Germanlady wrote: »

Can someone post the full article? I don't have a "membership".
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »

Can someone post the full article? I don't have a "membership".

Me neither!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I (as well as many other members here) hope it turns out to be fact. Although,
    The Sun wrote:
    DANIEL CRAIG’s swimming trunks will remain in his suitcase for the new James Bond movie.
    I don't know how they figure that. Bond has never spent the entire film in one location. He may once again go swimming elsewhere.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He will wear those trunks making angels in the snow. We are talking Purvis and wade here.
    haha! I can see it now- Blofeld will pop up with gun in hand: "Making snow angels, 007?"
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,351
    Even when switching user agents, that Sun paywall is one tough cookie to crack.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    haha! I can see it now- Blofeld will pop up with gun in hand: "Making snow angels, 007?"

Bond 24: SNOW ANGELS OF DEATH.
    Bond 24: SNOW ANGELS OF DEATH.
    Miss Frost would feel at home in a film like that.