SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I really hope the goes somewhere with Snow. They haven't done that since DAD. Were over due for a snowy location.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Chiwetel Ejiofor as Dr. Snow.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Plenty of snow - if you can spare it. [-O<
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Snowbody does it better.
    The thing that appeals to me most about the notion of snow appearing in the next film (besides the fact it's been a while) is I've never seen snow in the flesh. I want to go tobogganing, build snowmen with carrots for noses, throw snowballs at people's faces etc. 8->
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    QBranch wrote: »
    The thing that appeals to me most about the notion of snow appearing in the next film (besides the fact it's been a while) is I've never seen snow in the flesh. I want to go tobogganing, build snowmen with carrots for noses, throw snowballs at people's faces etc. 8->

I grew up on a place where it snowed in the winter and I always hated it. I don't mind snow, it doesn't bother me to get out and get on with my life but I don't like it. I love to look at the snow when I'm warm inside the house and don't need to get out :D Still I'm hoping for snow for Bond 24, nothing like looking at snow without the wet, cold feet and cold-burned face and hands :)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Snowbody does it better.

=))
  • QBranch wrote: »

Where are you from, @QBranch?

Every Bond needs a snow sequence, and it's a step toward a more classic adventure for Craig.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 14,037
    Sandy wrote: »
    I love to look at the snow when I'm warm inside the house and don't need to get out :D Still I'm hoping for snow for Bond 24, nothing like looking at snow without the wet, cold feet and cold-burned face and hands :)
    I'd love to get out in the snow just to experience it, but at the same time, I know I'd be constantly irritated as I don't handle the cold well at all, and it doesn't take much to trigger a runny nose. My flatmate is the *polar* opposite- he's Slavic, and he absolutely loves the cold.

@Soundofthesinners I've lived in Queensland, Australia for most of my life- but now I reside in Adelaide, where, for me, it gets incredibly cold during winter, and incredibly hot in summer. Perhaps the closest I've come to seeing snow is beads of hail the size of rice here in Adelaide, and going indoor ice skating in far north Queensland, which was a unique and memorable experience, as at the time, I knew nothing other than a humid, tropical climate.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    All together now:

QBranch comes from a Land Down Under,
    where there's no snow
    and men thunder ... ;)

I, too, come from a hot land with no snow but mega humid, hot climate ... Florida, U.S.A.
    I have reveled in the small bit of snow I get here in western Japan.
    Last winter was the first time in more than 20 years apparently to have enough snow in my town to stay on the ground. I had a true snow day and could not get to work! It was a blast.

I'm hoping for lovely snow scenes with Bond 24. And he can still walk around in skivvies or something while having a warming hot toddy. ;)
    All together now:

QBranch comes from a Land Down Under,
    where there's no snow
    and men thunder ... ;)
    Thanks, 4EverBonded :D Do you speaka my language? If not, just smile and give me a Vegemite sandwich. haha
    I've yet to try Vegemite ... but I doubt it will give me the same thrill as experiencing snow. :)
    I found this funny: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Vegemite :D

Anyway, back to the topic- it does snow in other parts of Australia, so perhaps Bond is headed down this way? Before Bond departs from London, maybe his housekeeper serves him up a delicious breakfast consisting of Vegemite on toast? haha
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 2,081
    Sandy wrote: »

I grew up on a place where it snowed in the winter and I always hated it. I don't mind snow, it doesn't bother me to get out and get on with my life but I don't like it. I love to look at the snow when I'm warm inside the house and don't need to get out :D Still I'm hoping for snow for Bond 24, nothing like looking at snow without the wet, cold feet and cold-burned face and hands :)

Umm... Confusing comments there... Snow doesn't cause one to have wet feet. As for cold feet, didn't you have proper winter footwear? Cold-burned hands? How? Bare hands, maybe? For most part, one just needs proper clothing and to keep moving in sub-zero temperatures. Of course, I don't know where you grew up. Where I did, it very rarely got much colder than about -30C, so it was fine by me - warm houses, warm clothing, warm shoes. No biggie. (And it rarely gets much warmer than +30C in summer, so that's fine by me, too.) I like snow, as long as it's not coming down sideways, and thankfully here it rarely does. (Sub-zero temps with nasty wind always tend to be unpleasant.) The wet stuff - sleet, snow+water - that I hate... but you don't get that as long as it's below zero. For weather like that one needs footwear that keeps the water out. It's simple, really. ;)

I don't quite get the fascination many have with snow in Bond films, I don't care much either way. We barely had any snow last winter, though (it was raining at Christmas, ugh), so I may get nostalgic about it myself if that continues. And it is pretty, at best gorgeous, and brings the dark wintertime some light, so I did miss it last winter. But snow just for snow's sake in movies? In Bond movies I mostly associate snow with ridiculous scenes, people obviously not actually skiing etc., so I'm not that eager to see it again, and don't know why so many are, but of course it can be used well, too, so, if we'll have snow in the new one, we'll see...

For me, there is a romance to snow and a special beauty. I am sure this is because I did not grow up with it every winter. I think it affords cozy, indoor romantic scenes, lovely landscape, a different terrain, and it is simply time we had snow again in a Bond film. I like Bond films showing different kinds of landscapes.
    That's exactly it- for me it is the variety of locations, contrasting each other, and as I've never seen snow, I find it quite exotic.

It's also comforting to know that Craig will strive to do as many action scenes as he can. If Bond skis, snowboards or whatever, it'll be him for the most part. There's potential for it to be one of the best snowy action sequences we've seen. Yes, the projection behind Rog in Spy's PTS is snicker-worthy, but one can't deny the action/scene as a whole- not to mention the winter sports in FYEO and night skiing in OHMSS, are incredible to watch.
    Ok... I don't see what cosy and romantic indoor scenes have got to do with having snow outdoors, though. But I do agree snowy landscapes can be very beautiful. Then, so can lots of different kinds of landscapes, with or without snow. The world is full of gorgeous places.
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Ok... I don't see what cosy and romantic indoor scenes have got to do with having snow outdoors, though.
    Because it encourages shared, bodily warmth (like my survival course in Siberia). Just look at Bond's introduction in Spy, all rugged up with a lady next to the fireplace, and with Tracy in the barn.
    But that has been done over and over in all sorts of films and it is a worn and cliched thing to use, IMO. But ok, if people still think it's a great idea to do it yet again. I don't see the point myself that's all. (Besides, a shot of brandy/whisky/rum - when available - will get one warm much more effectively. ;) )
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    If Bond does indeed hit the slopes, is there anyone here who would rather see Bond on a snowboard rather than skis?
    [quote="Tuulia;364051I don't quite get the fascination many have with snow in Bond films, I don't care much either way. We barely had any snow last winter, though (it was raining at Christmas, ugh), so I may get nostalgic about it myself if that continues. And it is pretty, at best gorgeous, and brings the dark wintertime some light, so I did miss it last winter. But snow just for snow's sake in movies? In Bond movies I mostly associate snow with ridiculous scenes, people obviously not actually skiing etc., so I'm not that eager to see it again, and don't know why so many are, but of course it can be used well, too, so, if we'll have snow in the new one, we'll see...

[/quote]
    This...
    And as I have said before, DC doesn't know how to sky, so it will be difficult to make it realistic without too much CGGI.
    As we mentioned earlier, he does not have to ski to still have great snow scenes in the film. And yes, I think more than a few of us would really enjoy a snowy landscape at least in some part of Bond 24.
    As we mentioned earlier, he does not have to ski to still have great snow scenes in the film. And yes, I think more than a few of us would really enjoy a snowy landscape at least in some part of Bond 24.

But right now we are discussing that "article" from the Sun, which indicates skiing, so my argument is relevant in this connection.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 14,037
    If Bond does indeed hit the slopes, is there anyone here who would rather see Bond on a snowboard rather than skis?
    The first thing that people think of when the notion of Bond in the snow is brought up, is 'skiing', simply because that's all we've seen in the films. Skis are cool and all, but let's add an engine to the equation. I've been championing Bond commandeering a snowcat, because even though we saw Dalton being chased by them in TLD, it was long ago, and there are different types out there- maybe a closed cabin version. I'd also welcome a decent snowmobile chase- it's been a while since we've seen that (AVTAK/DAD). Daredevils have been back-flipping snowmobile for ages now- I'm sure there are new tricks being executed now and then. Maybe something unique or a record-breaking stunt which the Bond films are known for. Back to the question though- yep, a snowboard scene would be awesome. The sport has obviously evolved since 1985. Just select an appropriate backing track this time and we've got a winner.
    The first thing that people think of when the notion of Bond in the snow is brought up, is 'skiing', simply because that's all we've seen in the films. Skis are cool and all, but let's add an engine to the equation. I've been championing Bond commandeering a snowcat, because even though we saw Dalton being chased by them in TLD, it was long ago, and there are different types out there- maybe a closed cabin version. I'd also welcome a decent snowmobile chase- it's been a while since we've seen that (AVTAK/DAD). Daredevils have been back-flipping snowmobile for ages now- I'm sure there are new tricks being executed now and then. Maybe something unique or a record-breaking stunt which the Bond films are known for. Back to the question though- yep, a snowboard scene would be awesome. The sport has obviously evolved since 1985. Just select an appropriate backing track this time and we've got a winner.

True, snow = skiing.
    A snowmobile is a good idea. Easier to learn how to handle it and hence makes for a more realistic scene.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Easier to learn how to handle it and hence makes for a more realistic scene.
    Good point, @Germanlady- although I totally buy the fact that Bond is an immediate expert at using all modes of transportation. If he can surf tsunamis, the possibilities are endless ;)
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Easier to learn how to handle it and hence makes for a more realistic scene.
    Good point, @Germanlady- although I totally buy the fact that Bond is an immediate expert at using all modes of transportation. If he can surf tsunamis, the possibilities are endless ;)

Yeah LOL - Bond can but DC cannot ;)
    We've yet to see what DC is capable of doing... with his little finger. haha
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Have some if you forgotten what stuntmen are? If Craig can't ski at all, surely it eleoyld make sense for him to either learn how to during preproduction as part if his training or he'll simply do what needs to be done whenever the camera needs to centre on his face, otherwise instead of pathetically using a CG substitute, do what the Bond films used to do and we're famous for, do it for real with stuntmen!
    Imagine if the moonraker parachute dives, the bungee jump in GE, or the TSWLM cliff jump and the Bond vs Necros fight on the net dangling from behind the plane were CG *shudders* I don't care how much action Daniel wants to do himself, there are certain things he can't do due to skill-limitation and general safety which is where professional stuntmen should come in.