SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    if DC can't ski - or doesn't know how... they would no doubt have him go through a quick crash course to learn... just enough so that it looks believable for closeups.... medium / wide action shots could always be a stunt double... it's not too difficult to fake...

Henry Winkler can't ride a motorcycle - but if they could make the Fonz look like he knows how to ride a bike for 70s TV show - no doubt a modern day film crew can make DC look like he knows what he is doing on skis :)
    But remember how the felt the need to have that ridiculous close up during the bike roof top chase. Its not, that it cannot be done properly, its about how they feel about it, which is at times not to the best of the scene, I am sorry to say.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Sandy wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    The thing that appeals to me most about the notion of snow appearing in the next film (besides the fact it's been a while) is I've never seen snow in the flesh. I want to go tobogganing, build snowmen with carrots for noses, throw snowballs at people's faces etc. 8->

I grew up on a place where it snowed in the winter and I always hated it. I don't mind snow, it doesn't bother me to get out and get on with my life but I don't like it. I love to look at the snow when I'm warm inside the house and don't need to get out :D Still I'm hoping for snow for Bond 24, nothing like looking at snow without the wet, cold feet and cold-burned face and hands :)

Umm... Confusing comments there... Snow doesn't cause one to have wet feet. As for cold feet, didn't you have proper winter footwear? Cold-burned hands? How? Bare hands, maybe? For most part, one just needs proper clothing and to keep moving in sub-zero temperatures. Of course, I don't know where you grew up. Where I did, it very rarely got much colder than about -30C, so it was fine by me - warm houses, warm clothing, warm shoes. No biggie. (And it rarely gets much warmer than +30C in summer, so that's fine by me, too.) I like snow, as long as it's not coming down sideways, and thankfully here it rarely does. (Sub-zero temps with nasty wind always tend to be unpleasant.) The wet stuff - sleet, snow+water - that I hate... but you don't get that as long as it's below zero. For weather like that one needs footwear that keeps the water out. It's simple, really. ;)

I don't quite get the fascination many have with snow in Bond films, I don't care much either way. We barely had any snow last winter, though (it was raining at Christmas, ugh), so I may get nostalgic about it myself if that continues. And it is pretty, at best gorgeous, and brings the dark wintertime some light, so I did miss it last winter. But snow just for snow's sake in movies? In Bond movies I mostly associate snow with ridiculous scenes, people obviously not actually skiing etc., so I'm not that eager to see it again, and don't know why so many are, but of course it can be used well, too, so, if we'll have snow in the new one, we'll see...

It may sound confusing, but while I was growing up no matter how great the boots my parents would buy me I would always manage to get my feet wet from the snow. From some reason the mayor's office people from my home town were (are still are) convinced by the turism adds for Portugal, and always seemed to be surprised by the 9 months of winter we actually have in my town. In your country everything is organized so that when it snows the streets and roads quickly get clean. In my old town we had to get to school and home again (after they decided that the teachers from outside town couldn't reach us) with snow that reached our poor thights. Burnt hands resulted from playing in the snow, and more frequently with . I couldn't help touching it with my bare hands. Here's a picture of a pine tree in my home town in winter, when icicle forms.
    Great picture. I actually love winter and snow and skiing and don't mind the cold. Its all up to the right clothes, but certainly you guys had it bad back then. Not so funny.
    I (as well as many other members here) hope it turns out to be fact. Although,
    The Sun wrote:
    DANIEL CRAIG’s swimming trunks will remain in his suitcase for the new James Bond movie.
    I don't know how they figure that. Bond has never spent the entire film in one location. He may once again go swimming elsewhere.

They didn't, they just tried to write a good line.
    @Sandy - Oh, I see, I get it. Bad experiences, then, due to circumstances. I might hate water if there hadn't been a bridge and I had gotten wet every day in autumn and spring (when there was no ice to cover it) going to school and coming back, and been sick all the time. That would have been sort of similar I guess.
    Nice picture. :)

I've never had frostbites, my feet stay dry and warm, and I'm far more likely to be too warm than cold when outdoors in winter, because I try to dress so that I'm not cold when I start off, and then after walking for awhile I get too warm. I like proper winter with snow, cold weather (the air is so fresh then), and all - one dresses well, stays dry, and it's pretty. I don't like it when it's not properly cold, but wet from rain or sleet, and just dark and not pretty - the landscape looks so deserted when there are no leaves in trees etc, but no snow, either, to bring light and beauty. Last winter sure was meh. Thank goodness the summer hasn't been meh, but properly sunny and hot for most part.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Snow in London is hell. Transport is screwed, my shoes get screwed and then not to mention when the snow levels down to ice, every second step is about avoiding the embarrassing slipping and sliding and circumventing the invitation to potentially breaking your neck but snow in a Bond film gets 2 thumbs up from me!
    So...the source The Sun is quoting? (no...I won't sign up for a membership to read the full article)
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So...the source The Sun is quoting? (no...I won't sign up for a membership to read the full article)

It's in a Brit tabloid newspaper - so it must be true...
    andmcit wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

It's in a Brit tabloid newspaper - so it must be true...

I have to say, that is a very clever statement. Thanks for bringing it up, we might have missed that point ;)
    No problem. Glad to be of help
    Dammit, where's the rolled eyes smiley when you need it?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    8-|
    tabloids, shmabloids.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,021
    Hopefully Bond does take to the slopes. Not a huge fan of snow myself but it certainly does look magnificent on screen. And I also have a feeling that Mendes is planning on out doing the snow action from some of the very best films with skiing sequences - OHMSS, TSWLM and FYEO. TWINE had a snow sequence but I thought it was really dull and boring - unfortunately. I still think the entire skiing sequence in FYEO is one of the best action sequences in any Bond film (even with Sir Roger and the back projection !) Can't wait to see DC being pursued by possibly the villain and his henchmen down the slopes with a cracking Thomas Newman score!
  • And I also have a feeling that Mendes is planning on out doing the snow action from some of the very best films with skiing sequences - OHMSS, TSWLM and FYEO.
    FYEO and TSWLM snow scenes are the basis of the introduction of Secret Service, the comics, it's a direct "tribute". I don't know what will be left in Kingsman, the movie, but we already can see some snowy background in the trailers...

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Germanlady wrote: »
    And as I have said before, DC doesn't know how to sky, so it will be difficult to make it realistic without too much CGGI.
    Did Dalton know how to sky? We don't know, but we had a great snow scene in TLD ;)
  • ggl007 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    And as I have said before, DC doesn't know how to sky, so it will be difficult to make it realistic without too much CGGI.
    Did Dalton know how to sky? We don't know, but we had a great snow scene in TLD ;)

Sir Roger knows how to Ski...but not over a cliff...and that looked pretty convincing to me and I believed that it was Bond doing the jump...even if the person being Bond was a stunman and not Sir Roger...I'm pretty sure that DC doesn't know how to spin an Aston Martin around on an Italien highway and fire a gun out of a door thats been ripped off...or fly a DC-3 but that all looked pretty convincing to me even if all the driving was done by a stuntman and DC's closeups were done in the studio...and DC was commanding a mock-up of a plane on a soundstage...We are no longer in the 70s when the back projection was the technology of the day to put the actor in the situation. Today there are all sorts of techniques....maybe CGI or maybe special rigs on location or the actors in a studio with very sophistiacted green screen and digital replacement.
    Well to be honest? We have been discussing this for a number of weeks already, so this from the Sun does not excite me as it is from the Sun! I put more faith in the people on here for news than a red top tabloid! :-q
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,068
    OK, it's just my assumption but It generally follows that the format for a ski scene has to involve a chase, whether in pursuit or evasion of another party..

Now with Bond already we've seen the jumping over / under / off a precipice and the jeopardy of an avalanche things before so where does this allow for any new action with groundbreaking creativity? I'm not a film maker but I can see this being very limiting in what we'd end up seeing.

Of course the latest CGI would make DC actually appear to be doing the stunts (IF he isn't actually doing them as he does give things a go!) yet I'm just not sold on the idea. It would certainly be nice to have something extra in the mix like the OMHSS toboggan or FYEO Olympic pursuit with the all terrain bikes with spikes.

That's where they felt they needed to go with TWINE (complete with the Q-Branch self inflating igloo jacket in the avalanche) but that whole scene was really an excellent set piece opportunity missed for me.

I'm just thinking, this discussion with the hope of seeing DC in skis is just that, something different that we haven't seen him do but so what!!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I'm staying out of this discussion.. but why skiing? Could it be mountain climbing? Or has that been mentioned?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I'm staying out of this discussion.. but why skiing? Could it be mountain climbing? Or has that been mentioned?

Why are you staying out of the discussion?

And nobody is sure if mountain climbing was mentioned.. because you need a subscription to actually read the article.
  • The CGI in Skyfall was horrendous during the motorcycle chase. Hopefully they do a better job in this one.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    Well Daniel Craig can't ski, but he definitely can climb, so it's less funny to discuss, because then we'll all have to agree :)

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Did Dalton know how to sky? We don't know
    Dalton can ski without skis (LTK), not to mention walk on water ^:)^
    Well Daniel Craig can't ski, but he definitely can climb, so it's less funny to discuss, because then we'll all have to agree :)
    Oh lol ...gotcha

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Did Dalton know how to sky? We don't know
    Dalton can ski without skis (LTK), not to mention walk on water ^:)^

:))
    Indeed. Then he was The Chosen One...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    The CGI in Skyfall was horrendous during the motorcycle chase. Hopefully they do a better job in this one.

it looked worse in IMAX than in a regular theater - but still, once it was seen, it can't be unseen lol.... but i wouldn't say it was horrendous - we've seen horrendous - a gigantic WAVE of horrendous. lol.

I'm all for snow and a ski chase for Bond 24. Will we have a reclusive villain like in OHMSS and DN? And lengthy time spent in or near his lair. I hope so.
    I don't remember the CGI in the SF motorcycle chase? I remember a reviewer or two griping about it but I don't remember it myself. Where is it?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I don't remember the CGI in the SF motorcycle chase? I remember a reviewer or two griping about it but I don't remember it myself. Where is it?
    I'd like to know, too. Is it the front-on close-up of Bond on the bike?, because that shot looks a little like rear projection, but it's only a few seconds. If I have to question where the CGI is, it couldn't have been that bad.
    Well I'm guessing DC didn't ride the bike into the parapet and leap to the train in the first take?