Community Software Upgrade and Redesign

Comments

Oh I LIKE this! Great work, MI6!
    Give them a chance old chap,i remember when we had to leave the original KTBEU site,the original home of MI6,and i was copying and pasting all the good threads before the site was shut off,onto the new site,i had wrist ache for days but i got them on here,and it looked strange then to me !!

But the site we were using until today was just a prototype,and new things will be introduced and the site will really take off soon :)>-
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    lets make this site the best there is
    I agree. Let's make things better chaps.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Clearing the cache in my browser really helped as that was how the site was meant to work! Thank you, James Page for that tip as I am not the most tech-savvy in the world. I think I'll survive the changeover now! And of course this is not the first time that there has been change on this community; we indeed do well to bear that in mind as Barry says above. :)
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    We just flipped the front page to show Latest Discussions by default.

You can access the old fashioned By Category page by clicking the Categories link at the top of the left hand side bar.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very cool. Loving the new digs and all the upgrades and changes so far.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    The permissions problem with uploading a new profile photo should now be fixed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2014 Posts: 16,328
    Thought I'd show my appreciation and make this wallpaper dedicated to the new design. :)
    R0OAosf.jpg
  • top work - very smart - and thank you. one little thing though
    top work - very smart - and thank you. one little thing though

What might that be? :)
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,879
    MI6 wrote: »
    Thanks again, guys. I have many ridiculous avatars to get through.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Thought I'd show my appreciation and make this wallpaper dedicated to the new design. :)
    kgRwPR7dhRCNa-iE1aSM3DKmadlR32_uRnY46-OMD7xoVO5zOIS7VVjgdUehdMhweuUAuw=s136
    Looks great, @Murdock! You don't mind if I download it for free, do you?
    QBranch wrote: »
    MI6 wrote: »
    Thanks again, guys. I have many ridiculous avatars to get through.
    kgRwPR7dhRCNa-iE1aSM3DKmadlR32_uRnY46-OMD7xoVO5zOIS7VVjgdUehdMhweuUAuw=s136
    Looks great, @Murdock! You don't mind if I download it for free, do you?

Thanks and be my guest. I made it for the community. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Wow, even posted pictures are decreased in size once quoted to prevent a lagging on the thread pages. Very nice!
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Try to keep the Activity Page in pristine order please @QBranch. ;-)
    Wow, even posted pictures are decreased in size once quoted to prevent a lagging on the thread pages. Very nice!
    Actually, I just found a smaller pic on google images to save space ;)
    Try to keep the Activity Page in pristine order please @QBranch. ;-)
    Have I ever let you down? ;)

MOD EDIT: Frequently.
    R0OAosf.jpg

Very nice work Murdock! :-bd
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Excellent, @Murdock! I like the nice little touch of the gun attached to the "Y" in Community, too. B-)
    Thank you @4EverBonded. I knew that would be a nice touch. :)>-
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Great stuff, @Murdock!
    Thanks @DarthDimi. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for the new wallpaper, @Murdock!
    You're welcome @Creasy47. :D
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    JamesPage wrote: »
    We just flipped the front page to show Latest Discussions by default.

You can access the old fashioned By Category page by clicking the Categories link at the top of the left hand side bar.

Glad to see that someone is putting there back into it
    Thankyou the flip on the front page is much better cheers.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think Patrick Jane would hate this place. Some of the default profile images look similar to Red John's smiley face...

avatar.php?gravatar_id=a387af75dc5f56d2bb440295dc5d43d2&size=250&default=http%3A%2F%2Fvanillicon.com%2Fa387af75dc5f56d2bb440295dc5d43d2_200.png

RedJohn.png

X_X
    I think Patrick Jane would hate this place. Some of the default profile images look similar to Red John's smiley face...
    Yes, mine is the only one that makes sense.
    Yes, Brady, I've just been watching many episodes of The Mentalist. I thought of that, too. :) (and here is my smiley face ...)

I still do not like the font - but things are faster and once my glitches are resolved (I cannot edit, for one) I'm sure I will get more used to it. Really glad the most recent discussions now come up; thanks @JamesPage and all admins. I did refresh my browser, by the way; thanks for that tip, too.
    I think that it would be better if the profile was on the right side but, this looks alright, it should take a while to get used to it but interesting change :)
    QBranch wrote: »
    Yes, mine is the only one that makes sense.

Your profile image is of Green John's smiley face, but Patrick only faces him in an alternate reality during season 5.
    Nice work!
    edited July 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Well, I came back after teaching a good while to find my pages much improved, better layout, too. Yay!