Community Software Upgrade and Redesign

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Still finding my way around here. Can anyone direct me to the bar?

3612871705_drunken_baby_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, sure - see that guy waving the two mojitos in the air with a big Cuban cigar clamped between his teeth? And the other one just tucking into his massive Guinness? That's Creasy47 and chrisisall. They just made their own bar in that corner. I'd recommend getting in early before they start the "pin the guys' ties to the bar" routine they seem to enjoy so much.

As for me, I've had my six and I'm outa here ... ;)
    JamesPage wrote: »
    We just flipped the front page to show Latest Discussions by default.

Thank you! I know I coul have just clicked on it but I'm a lazy bastard so it's nice to have it already laid out the way I like it when I log on.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I must say I really like the new look of the forum. I have a feeling that some things have become simpler and also better looking. The fonts, the banner at the top, ... pretty cool actually. Well done! :-)

Kudos+Thumbs+Up.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, sure - see that guy waving the two mojitos in the air with a big Cuban cigar clamped between his teeth? And the other one just tucking into his massive Guinness? That's Creasy47 and chrisisall. They just made their own bar in that corner. I'd recommend getting in early before they start the "pin the guys' ties to the bar" routine they seem to enjoy so much.

You know me oh too well. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Don't underestimate our Minister for Women - she has files on everyone! ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

She has my affinity for smoking and mojitos down, I wonder what else she might know...

She has my affinity for smoking and mojitos down, I wonder what else she might know...

You would never rest if you knew that! ;)

Sadly, I do believe that you are right! ;)
    I'm on my laptop now rather than my mobile and the new layout is really growing on me. I like how your profile picture, name and any notifications appear on the side when you go on the main page. Great job guys :)

Sadly, I do believe that you are right! ;)

I'm sure it's all down to her feminine intuition and not the supernatural!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Still finding my way around here. Can anyone direct me to the bar?

3612871705_drunken_baby_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

=)) That is a fab pic! Just like me when i wrap my hands round a bottle of Jack Daniels!!!! :-bd
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    top work - very smart - and thank you. one little thing though

What might that be? :)

His new avatar.

His new avatar.

It's his best one yet! ;-)
    For some reason the index page is all over the place for me. Text and images overlapping. May be something to do with my browser?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    His new avatar.
    It's his best one yet! ;-)
    Yes, I don't think he'll top it any time soon.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Getafix wrote: »
    For some reason the index page is all over the place for me. Text and images overlapping. May be something to do with my browser?

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9703/refresh-your-browser#latest
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Getafix try clearing your browser history. I had the same problem but after doing that then refreshing, everything worked like normal.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 19,339
    Just a thought but whenever i sign in ,that bloody 'Howdy Stranger!' welcome message makes me grimace,its awful.Cant it be changed to something more Bondian or at least less 'Wild West' ??!!
    I sometimes get a "Bad Request" message when going back one page. What did I do? I am innocent.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I must say that I like the new notification section.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    I sometimes get a "Bad Request" message when going back one page. What did I do? I am innocent.

If you've previously submitted a form it will not want you to go "back" because you risk resubmitting the same data.

Thanks, cannot remember if that was the case, but I also get "Method not implemented" with that definitely not being the case.

Not a huge problem. Better than the previous lagging. Great work all around, I even checked out the mobile version, and it is looking good.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Just a thought but whenever i sign in ,that bloody 'Howdy Stranger!' welcome message makes me grimace,its awful.Cant it be changed to something more Bondian or at least less 'Wild West' ??!!
    It's awful indeed. Welcome Mister.... or something like that is way more Bondian.
    Or simply 'Welcome to MI6' ,would be the obvious choice !!
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,900
    Yo, Jimbo! :))
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Actually, I do like "Howdy, Stranger". It's amusing in a nice way.
    Yeah but it's hardly Bondian !! ...and that bloody 'Yo Jimbo' winds me right up hahaha !!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    and that bloody 'Yo Jimbo' winds me right up hahaha !!
    Mission accomplished. haha
    hahaha cheeky toerag ~X( :P ;)