SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

• edited June 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Well that leaves Lola Ponce all alone in front again. Lola may yet pull this out. :-*
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    We have no idea who the flavor of the month will be when they start casting. But just for this thread:
    Lets bring Hally Berry back. Give her a chance to redeem herself.

Let's not and say we did...

Have they taken back her Oscar yet?!

Why does everyone hate Halle Berry? I think she's a great Bond girl and one of the fittest. (Even though she's like 46)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Nothing against her personally at all, just against her character of Jinx, of course, in DAD; which is near universally loathed, especially on this forum. But surely you knew that by now.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Nothing against her personally at all, just against her character of Jinx, of course, in DAD; which is near universally loathed, especially on this forum. But surely you knew that by now.

She's a great Bond girl! One of the best as hottest and helping Bond.

She's a great Bond girl! One of the best as hottest and helping Bond.

I have nothing against Halle Berry as a person either, but Jinx is a terrible Bond girl. One of the laziest ever invented as well. They aped the entrance of Honey Ryder, they simply made her 007 with boobs, that's not what a Bond girl should be. I am all for decisive women but have a Bond girl be Bond's equal, which means Bond's female equivalent just makes the Bond girl AND Bond redundant as characters, one having the same function in the story as the other. Bond girls should have their own functions and theyr own personality in a Bond movie, if they help Bond is should be by completing him. They should bring something to the plot, reveal something about Bond, that is the whole point. Honey Ryder was a great Bond girl. Tatiana Romanova was a great Bond girl. Domino was a great Bond girl. Vesper Lynd was a great Bond girl. They all brought something to the story. What does Jinx do? She kills a surgeon and gets into a cat fight with Miranda Frost. She just happens to be there to sleep with Bond. She is so by the number it is not even funny.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The character of Jinx represents and embodies the creative mindset of the producers and the Bond movies for the majority if that era, which all began in 1997 with the absurd stunt casting and ensuing creative nonsense post GE.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    We have no idea who the flavor of the month will be when they start casting. But just for this thread:
    Lets bring Hally Berry back. Give her a chance to redeem herself.

Let's not and say we did...

Have they taken back her Oscar yet?!

I think many people on here confuse Halle Berry for the character she played. Have you seen the film she won for or are you just assuming she's a bad actress because she was crap in Die Another Day?

John Cleese was in Die Another Day but we're not saying that he doesn't deserve praise for Monty Python or Fawlty Towers are we?

Judi Dench was in Die Another Day, so why don't we start campaigning for her to lose her Oscar?

Halle Berry was shit in DAD (she was fit though), but that doesn't mean she's a bad actress. I doubt anybody could've given a good performance as Jinx with the way that character was written (although I do think she should've done something about the Yo Mamma line at least).

I'll admit I haven't seen her in much but she's won an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a Bafta and tons of other awards. Now you don't need awards to be a good actor but on the other hand, there's no way she would've won so many if she was a terrible one.

I am completely against her returning though.
    doubleoego wrote:
    The character of Jinx represents and embodies the creative mindset of the producers and the Bond movies for the majority if that era, which all began in 1997 with the absurd stunt casting and ensuing creative nonsense post GE.

Voilà.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I haven't seen Monsters Ball (Halle's Oscar winning role is in that film).
    It was a heavy duty drama, if I recall.

Anyway, any new rumours out there? I haven't read of any; and I do think Lola can give it a rest.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    From Mi6 homepage:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_24_report_20140512_scandinavian_bond_girl_screentests.php3?t=&s=&id=03682

Norwegian actress Synnove Macody Lund has confirmed she has screentested for a Bond Girl role in the upcoming 24th James Bond adventure, which starts shooting in October.
    Also from same article:

Following the news of Synnove Macody Lund's screentest for Bond 24, agent Anne Lindberg has confirmed that 32 year-old Danish actress Birgitte Hjort Sorensen of the hit television drama 'Borgen' is also under consideration for the role. "She has done previous castings for it. In Denmark, there was a lot of castings last year and this year for the Bond girl role," she said. Also screentested for the part was 34 year-old Norwegian actress Ingrid Bolso Berdal, who will be seen next playing Atalanta in Brett Ratner's 'Hercules' movie. Lindberg confirmed that no casting decisions have been made yet.

Other candidates for the role are Swedish actresses Disa Östrand (27) and Ida Engvoll (28).

Everyone, feel free to go nuts with pictures or posting of any other sourceable rumour, even a lame source, and update master list below accordingly.

Master List updated
    1. Penelope Cruz, Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce, Argentine, singer, actress, model Age 30, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    The Scandinavian actresses are the most believable so far.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Not so much as a rumour, but actress Natalie Dormer said she'd like to be a Bond girl.

I happen to dislike her quite a bit so I hope her wish does not come true.
    Sandy wrote:
    Not so much as a rumour, but actress Natalie Dormer said she'd like to be a Bond girl.

A face like a smacked arse. No thanks!

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Should of stuck with being cabin crew.
    I really love Natalie Dormer and would love to see her as a Bond girl. Unfortunately this is so far wishful thinking.

Oh and her face is fine. And I mean fine.She is an English rose. Oh and she plays Diana Rigg's granddaughter in Game of Thrones, so she can get good coaching should she be cast as a Bond girl.
    What on earth are you people smoking? Natalie Dormer is stunning! I love her unique face.
    I heard they'd screen tested the journalist from Borgen. I'm not sure about her - good actress but not really Bond material. However, the PM from Borgen is another matter... Sidse Babett Knudsen. She is getting on a bit, but still remarkably attractive. Bit of a Helan Mirren type in that respect.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

A face like a smacked arse. No thanks!

Bit harsh but I agree, I don't think she's good looking enough.
    What on earth are you people smoking? Natalie Dormer is stunning! I love her unique face.

I wonder that myself.

@thelivingroyale-She is not at her best in this video. And she looks far better as a brunette IMO. Check Game of Thrones.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I have nothing to say about her looks although I don't think she is very pretty but I dislike her as an actress.
    I do like her attitude. No hesitation at all - she'd love to be a Bond girl.
    I think she would have made a great MP. Very English, good-looking, but mature too.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've been championing Dormer for Moneypenny for a while now, before she was in Game Of Thrones, but after I stopped telling everyone that I wanted Jaime Murray for the role.
    I could so definitely see Natalie Dormer as a Pat Fearing type of Bond girls (something we don't see enough by the way), maybe even the main Bond girl. I think she has something of Diana Rigg, but not from OHMSS, from The Avengers. That quietly assertive English charm, sure of her appeal but never to the point of arrogance or vanity. And without even an hint of vulgarity. Rigg had it as Emma Peal and so does Natalie Dormer.
    Latest rumours suggest that Blake Lively and Amber Heard are in contention for roles in Bond 24. Take with a huge grain of salt. But if I had to pick one, I'd go for Heard she oozes sex-appeal while Lively is a little boring.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/who-should-be-next-bond-girl-blake-lively-amber-heard-601286
    blake-lively-hair-4.jpg
    the-rum-diary-filmdistric03.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As one will be Scandinavian and the other British, this is yet another made up story in my eyes.
    That bottom chick looks like a female Ben Affleck.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    As one will be Scandinavian and the other British, this is yet another made up story in my eyes.

Most likely.
    Not convinced either by those 2 alleged actresses! [-(
    Amber Heard is one of the uber hottest young actresses on the planet. She and Lively do rival each other and a handful of others for top blonde.
    I loved Heard in the Nicolas Cage demon-nonsense film Drive Angry. If there were Oscars for such performances ( best performance by a leading hot chick in a cheeseball action-horror thriller) she would have got my vote.
    I support both of these fine young blonde actresses for major roles in upcoming Bond films. :)>-
    Actually if I had to vote now, Heard would get my vote for top blonde on the planet. I'd give her the nod. I can break the tie with her. Kate Upton second, but Heard is more mature.

From Gossip Girl, source article

"One of my minions at Star magazine stole a peek at the new untitled Bond script–the flick films this November, out a year later–and saw that Blake is being considered for the role of “Bond Girl #2,” according to the script. The role is described as a “Scandinavian woman who has a good heart but troubled past.” So basically the same as every other Bond girl before her, no? Although some Bond babes fizzled, like Denise Richards in The World is Not Enough (SHUDDER) and that Russian girl who never took off her cardigan in GoldenEye, I’m sure B would make a stellar leading lady for 007.

That is–if she gets the part. I hear that the critically overrated Amber Heard is also up for the role and that producers can’t quite decide between them. Personally I find Amber so beyond whateverish, especially when compared with Blake, that I can’t imagine her opposite James Bond, can you?"

Master List updated
    1. Penelope Cruz, Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce, Argentine, singer, actress, model Age 30, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    8. Blake Lively, source Gossip Girl
    9. Amber Heard, source Gossip Girl
    I have a VERY hard time to take either one even slightly serious. None is known for their acting talent, which is what eleminates them in an instant.