Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    Rumor is the Villains and Title will be announced next week also rumored it will be Doomsday and Luthor

I was hoping they'd save Doomsday as a Justice League movie villain.
    Well, considering this film is basically turning into a Justice League movie, you've got your wish. ;)
  • I wonder if this movie is similar to 'The Avengers', with all of the other characters in it, and Superman will get another solo movie later? Sort of like how Captain America got a solo movie, then Avengers, and then another solo movie.

I was just thinking that if they go that route, Doomsday would be better saved for that movie, because he's definitely a Superman villain.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wonder if this movie is similar to 'The Avengers', with all of the other characters in it, and Superman will get another solo movie later? Sort of like how Captain America got a solo movie, then Avengers, and then another solo movie.

I was just thinking that if they go that route, Doomsday would be better saved for that movie, because he's definitely a Superman villain.

The League fought (and really really lost to) Doomsday during the "Death of Superman" arc, so the Justice League fighting him would make sense, leading to Superman's death, and a follow-up solo Superman film being his resurrection.
    Well, considering this film is basically turning into a Justice League movie, you've got your wish. ;)

I don't entirely see it that way. Sure, Wonder Woman has been cast, but we don't know what role she'll play, and besides the "Trinity", no other DC heroes (Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Flash, Uselessman, Hawkman, the list goes on...) have even been rumored. I think the odds of this becoming a Justice League movie are pretty slim.
    Will certainly be welcome having more official info on the film that's for sure!
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Some interesting news from joblo.com- apparently 'Justice League' will be filmed at the same time as Batman vs Superman, so it can be released soon after (sort of like Back to the Future II & III I suppose)

batman-vs-superman-cross.jpg
    joblo wrote:
    Because Batman vs Superman is going to end with an insane cliffhanger/teaser that leads right into Justice League and, like those other back-to-back productions, they want to be able to deliver the second film within a year to strike while the iron is hot. Could this very aggressive approach be how DC intends to pull the rug right out from under rival Marvel Studios? Sure could be. - See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rumor-will-batman-vs-superman-be-filmed-back-to-back-with-justice-league#sthash.RRIXiS8J.dpuf

This makes me feel better about Wonder Woman and all the other character rumors- hopefully they're for the next movie.
    I really want a movie with just Batman & Superman

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited January 2014 Posts: 7,854
    Well, well, well. Seems 2015 is just too close for Warner/DC. Batman/Superman has been pushed back to 2016, to go up against an unspecified Marvel Phase 3 film.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/18/batman-vs-superman-release-pushed-10-months-to-may-2016

Guess that means Avengers is going to dominate yet another DC-less year in 2015.

I say this, completely forgetting that The Dark Knight Rises came out in 2012. Stupid, stupid me.
    Wow. It'll be interesting to see who changes that release date. Early May has traditionally belonged to Marvel but I wouldn't want any film to go up against a Superman/Batman team up film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    One less film to see in 2015, interesting. Now it won't be as packed as it was.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond 1 - Superman 0 ;)
    edited January 2014 Posts: 7,854
    Murdock wrote:
    Bond 1 - Superman 0 ;)

More along the lines of:

Bond 20 - Superman 0

Bond has had 20 films in years where there have been absolutely no Superman films. (And this counts 2015.)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:
    Bond 1 - Superman 0 ;)

More along the lines of:

Bond 20 - Superman 0

Bond has had 20 films in years where there have been absolutely no Superman films. (And this counts 2015.)

Touche'. :P
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I am glad they pushed back the release date. It's nice to see them taking their time to (hopefully) provide us with a great product instead of just rushing this thing out there as fast as possible.
    Apparently there are rumors of a Ben Affleck injury that can have something to do with this? That would be a shame
    Given how hectic the 2015 schedule is, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more films pushed back to 2016.

Just as long as Bond24 isn't one of them of course! ;-)
    Not the news excepted, but gives 2015 more breathing room. Also really hate to be Edgar Wright right now.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It likely needs all the time it can get. This film must improve on Man Of Steel.
  • I don' think this will mean much quality-wise for the film. Remember Man of Steel was originally set for a December 2012 release. DC pushed it back 6 months for pretty much the same reasons. And the results were still mediocre at best. I'm sorry I have very little faith in Batman vs. Superman and the DC cinematic universe in general.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 1,407
    DC pushed back Man of Steel because Green Lantern failed and they no longer had a big movie planned for 2013. The originally plan was 2011-GL, 2012- TDKR and MOS, 2013- GL2
    It never had an actual date in 2012 though, this film did have an exact release date.

It makes all the Comic-Con fuss a laughing stock now. Announcing a release date that didn't come to fruition.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It makes all the Comic-Con fuss a laughing stock now. Announcing a release date that didn't come to fruition.
    It's called the movie industry. Happens all the time. It's actually amazing that a Bond hasn't been delayed like this over the last 51 years.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's because the Bond movies have suffered worse scenarios, such as the period between 1989 to 1994 and of course 2008 to 2011.
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    DC pushed back Man of Steel because Green Lantern failed and they no longer had a big movie planned for 2013. The originally plan was 2011-GL, 2012- TDKR and MOS, 2013- GL2

I remember the reason WB gave being "to perfect the visual effects and tweak the script" or something to that effect. Obviously they probably wouldn't say GL failed but I doubt that was the reason. I'm a pretty big comic book movie buff and I never heard so much as a whisper about Green Lantern 2 for 2013. SO I think the reason they gave was actually the truth.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 1,856
    Rumor I heard (Can't back it up) is a stunt training injury by a certain oscar best director winner is the reason for the delay.
  • Virage wrote:
    Rumor I heard (Can't back it up) is a stunt training injury by a certain oscar best director winner is the reason for the delay.

I thought he won the oscar for "Best Film" not "Best Director. Pretty sure it was Ang Lee
    My Bad...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I don't mind them pushing this project back a little. I'd rather they spend more time on it for the sake of delivering a quality film than rushing something into production just for the sake of meeting their deadlines.

And I don't really see this as an indication that it'll never happen. Or have we forgotten about a certain Bond 23 that, at one point, had dark clouds hanging over it? Many thought that Bond had fired his last shot, when one of the most successful entries in the series had yet to come...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2014 Posts: 45,489
    If they have indeed decided to shoot two films at the same time, it makes perfect sense.
    B/S out in 16 and JL out in 17. I am fine with that.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    What I find strange is this. When James Cameron says he'll do another Avatar somewhere in the next half a decade, people are fine with that. When DC announces that the next Batman / Superman will come out one year later, suddenly people suspect trouble everywhere...
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    This whole situation reminds me of what our friend The Joker said a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-gf29nuYYA
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,350
    DarthDimi wrote:
    What I find strange is this. When James Cameron says he'll do another Avatar somewhere in the next half a decade, people are fine with that. When DC announces that the next Batman / Superman will come out one year later, suddenly people suspect trouble everywhere...

The difference may be no release dates have been set for those films, ever. This film had an actual day and date people could circle on their calendar.