SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @RC7, from what I've seen, they haven't. They didn't like it because it's "wordy and doesn't make sense," and that's that. It's not the case for everyone, but it still exists for quite some people.

Hell, I've got a friend who REFUSES to watch 'Die Hard' because 'the title sucks.' That's his sole reasoning, right there. He's what experts would define as an "idiot."
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RC7, from what I've seen, they haven't. They didn't like it because it's "wordy and doesn't make sense," and that's that. It's not the case for everyone, but it still exists for quite some people.

Hell, I've got a friend who REFUSES to watch 'Die Hard' because 'the title sucks.' That's his sole reasoning, right there. He's what experts would define as an "idiot."

wow....

One of the top greatest action movies of all time and he wont watch it.
  • Creasy47 wrote:

Why are you friends with this person?!?!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote:

Why are you friends with this person?!?!

I was about to say the same :P

He's very into himself. He likes what he likes and will typically ape or mimic what his best friends do, but he's set in his ways that you can't get him out of. It's very pathetic reasoning, to miss out on the greatest Christmas movie ever because of the title.

"I'm sure it's good, but that title is cheesy."

Uhh...ok. Your loss!
    Risico007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

wow....

One of the top greatest action movies of all time and he wont watch it.

I have to confess, while I love the movie, I never liked the title much. In French it was translated as Crystal Trap (Piège de Crystal) which I think is much better. The original novel was titled Nothing Lasts Forever, which I intend to read around Christmastime by the way.
    Isn't the Spanish translation something like 'Glass Jungle'? I think that's a pretty cool title.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 5,745
    October marks one full year of pre-production on Bond 24.

What we've learned:
    -Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, and Naomi Harris are all set to return.
    -John Logan and Sam Mendes will return.
    -Release is set for October 23rd/November 6th (UK/US) 2015.
    -Producers and creative team are looking at Ireland as a location.
    -Production should be set for a late 2014 start.

Countdown to the film's UK release:
    Almost exactly two years.
    1 Year, 364 days.
    So then that means in 13 days, it'll be exactly two years until a US release. I can't wait. Before you know it, time will fly by and we'll be one year from release and production will have started by that time.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 157
    SJK91 wrote:
    Not too sure about The Hildebrand Rarity either - it certainly doesn't roll off the tongue. And to me it sounds kind of....ugly? Hilde-BRAAND, I don't know.

I've got a feeling it's not going to be a Fleming title. Just a feeling.

To me, Shatterhand is ugly. THR, OTOH, has a bit of music to it.

The problem with THR is that it has no real danger or wit to it, like say The Living Daylights, Lie and Let Die or Diamonds are Forever. It only holds mild intrigue with a dash of obscurity.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Are Riscio or The Property of a Lady any better for you?
  • I don't mind Risico, but I think we need a break from one word titles after Skyfall.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    You don't think another one word title is the way to go? Like Thunderball after Goldfinger, in a way.

It worked last time, why not do it again and have the villain's surname be Risco.
    I don't mind Risico, but I think we need a break from one word titles after Skyfall.

Why should that constitute a 'one-word title' break? It's only one film. It's happened before.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't mind Risico, but I think we need a break from one word titles after Skyfall.

Why should that constitute a 'one-word title' break? It's only one film. It's happened before.

Only once, though.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

Exactly.

Goldfinger
    Thunderball
    Moonraker
    Goldeneye
    Skyfall

It's happened plenty.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, he's talking about one-word titles in a row, which has only happened once with 'Goldfinger' and 'Thunderball.'

But, still, it's happened before. Is it really that big of an issue? I'm not dogging you or anything, @minorMajor9th, I'm just curious as to why you don't like the idea of having two films in a row with one-word titles.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 157
    Mainly because it's too easy. Anyone can contract two words together. Sky > Fall. Gold > Finger. Moon > Raker. Octo > Pussy.
    Mainly because it's too easy. Anyone can contract two words together. Sky > Fall. Gold > Finger. Moon > Raker. Octo > Pussy.

Die>Another>Day. Cos that was such a brilliant and wholly imaginative title wasn't it...
    I don't mind another one word title, what matters is that both title and movie have a different feel than SF. That's why I am not so sure about filming in Ireland after Scotland in SF.
  • Mainly because it's too easy. Anyone can contract two words together. Sky > Fall. Gold > Finger. Moon > Raker. Octo > Pussy.

Die>Another>Day. Cos that was such a brilliant and wholly imaginative title wasn't it...

Like the best Bond titles, it's derived from a proverb, poem or idiom.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    none of the 1-word titles have the word 'die' in it, which is used too much in multiple word titles.. so, I'd vote for more 1 word titles :)
  • SJK91 wrote:
    Not too sure about The Hildebrand Rarity either - it certainly doesn't roll off the tongue. And to me it sounds kind of....ugly? Hilde-BRAAND, I don't know.

The problem with THR is that it has no real danger or wit to it, like say The Living Daylights, Lie and Let Die or Diamonds are Forever. It only holds mild intrigue with a dash of obscurity.

Yes, it's a noun title, not a verbal one. As such, it doesn't stack up with the very best, but I'd rate it higher than OP, LTK, TND, DAD and possibly SF.

Risi - Co? That's one word in my book.
    SJK91 wrote:

Yes, it's a noun title, not a verbal one. As such, it doesn't stack up with the very best, but I'd rate it higher than OP, LTK, TND, DAD and possibly SF.

I do find it quite good myself, if a bit unusual. But it has an old fashioned, Victorian, Sherlock Holmes charm. And it us certainly not generic. A title like this would have to fit to the plot, if only as a MacGuffen
  • Right, Ludo. It's charmingly fusty. Sounds like a dusty old tome you'd find locked away in an apothecary shop.
    Honestly I want a Fleming title for the next one Skyfall was definitely a Step above Tomorrow Never Dies and Die another Day (which sound like titles of bond knock offs then actually bond films and... hey wait a second) As much as I love The Hildebrand Rarity I almost don't want it for Bond 24 and prefer fan faves like Risico or The Property of a Lady why you ask

2007 If you had ask me what my favorite unused title was I would say Quantum of Solace when it got used for 2008's film I was thrilled... till the complaints starting coming in. MAN was it annoying and honestly I don't want to deal with the same problem twice.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Honestly I want a Fleming title for the next one Skyfall was definitely a Step above Tomorrow Never Dies and Die another Day (which sound like titles of bond knock offs then actually bond films and... hey wait a second) As much as I love The Hildebrand Rarity I almost don't want it for Bond 24 and prefer fan faves like Risico or The Property of a Lady why you ask

2007 If you had ask me what my favorite unused title was I would say Quantum of Solace when it got used for 2008's film I was thrilled... till the complaints starting coming in. MAN was it annoying and honestly I don't want to deal with the same problem twice.

And that's what worries me that EON won't pick any of the other unused Bond titles. They fear another backlash. I just hope if they go for an original title, they don't pick anything generic like TND or DAD.
    @Risico007, by QoS complaints, do you mean the ones of people saying the title was stupid because they didn't understand what it means? I agree.

If I had to pick between the three that are up in the air among us right now, I'd go with 'Risico.' Simple and to the point. 'Property of a Lady' is alright, but it would've worked better for QoS, when Bond was dealing with the death of Vesper and some of the things he did in the film were affected by her death and his loss. 'The Hildebrand Rarity,' I fear, will end up like the QoS title, and to me, it sounds more like an Agatha Christie novel and it doesn't really reel me in with interest.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    The general public has been spoon-fed such easily digestible baby stuff as:
    Rush Hour 2
    Rush Hour 3
    Die Hard
    Die Hard 2
    Lethal Weapon 1
    Lethal Weapon 2
    Under Siege (I bet they - the powers that be in charge of film titles - argued about the word "siege" being too difficult)
    etc.

You get my drift. It's a wonder the film Argo kept its title.

I didn't mind Quantum of Solace as a title, thought it was rather Bondian but ... the more I heard it, the less I liked it. :( Unsure why.

I don't mind one word or two words for the title. I'd like some mystery. Skyfall itself was a mystery but it wounded nice.

I so want to hear some real production news - as I am sure we all do.
    Personally, I want Deakins confirmed next. Then I can wait happily for the real title and other nice things to come.
    Interested in the music side, too, of course.