SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• MrBond wrote:
    i don't think that there's much to pick from that mediocre book either.

I think the title is good.
    MrBond wrote:

Just to use it they'll have to pay the author.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

After the success of Skyfall they're hardly short on cash are they?

I doubt they will use the title (or anything else from the book) though.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited October 2013 Posts: 2,044
    I'm sure they can get up with a better title on their own for free, or i least hope so.
    Hoping for a Fleming title honestly
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And your Fleming preference would be ...? Ah yes, look at your username. ;)
    Actually The Hilderbrand Rarity but I would be fine with Risico or The Property of a Lady
    Ludovico wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

After the success of Skyfall they're hardly short on cash are they?

I doubt they will use the title (or anything else from the book) though.

Still, they'd need to negotiate with Sebastian Faulks and not only about money. He might ask for control of some of the movie, or some kind of consultant role, etc. And even if he did not, since he slammed SF, I doubt the producers would want to give him even a penny for the use of his title.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Actually The Hilderbrand Rarity but I would be fine with Risico or The Property of a Lady

If they use THR as a title they can even use some of its content (obviously very little, as it would need serious expansion for a whole movie).
    Risico007 wrote:

Seconded! :-bd
  • I hate the Hilderbrand Rarity. Just doesn't sound like Bond to me at all. Fleming for the sake of it, just like QOS imo.

Property of a Lady I think sounds alright but I'm sure they could come up with an original title that's better. I like Risico, it's memorable and it sounds mysterious.

If they're going to use Fleming for the next title though, I think they should call it Shatterhand.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The Hildebrand Rarity is just as mysterious sounding. People will want to know what that is. All three are in the hat for future titles should the right story arise, I'm sure.
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2013 Posts: 10,512
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The Hilderbrand Rarity is just as mysterious sounding. People will want to know what that is. All three are in the hat for future titles should the right story arise, I'm sure.

I think Risico is the only genuine contender. QoS was met with near universal derision. THR falls firmly into this category for me. I think they understood with SF that they can just be bold, incorporating the essence of Fleming is more important than lingering on the specifics. The use of said titles would be solely to appease the fanboys, which in all honesty I can't see being high on their list of priorities.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    People will want to know what that is.

Yeah but unlike Risico I don't think it sounds Bondanian, I don't think it rolls of the tongue easily and I don't think anybody outside of a James Bond fansite would be pleased with it.

I think there's a reason they've never used these titles (although they never used Risico either and I really like that one).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's different sounding and that's all that matters. The Bond titles should stand out and I think the remaining three do. Of course this doesn't mean they'll be choosen but they are all thought about at some stage, I bet.

I can't see a backlash with The Hildebrand Rarity, that will be easy to understand after you've seen the film. Putting it another way, it's not another Quantum Of Solace.

And I agree with you, Risico is my favourite as well, probably because we're coming off of another one-word titled film.
  • I think the next film will probably have another original title. It worked well for them with Skyfall.
  • 1. The Hildebrand Rarity
    2. Risico
    3. Property of a Lady

I hope all three will eventually be used. But my preferred Fleming titles are actually A Whisper of Hate and Zero for a Heart.
    I dont like The Hildebrand Rarity
    as a title name. Its too much of mouth full for people to say
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wouldn't mind any of the three being used, I just hope 'The Hildebrand Rarity' wouldn't get turned into a QoS type situation: "It doesn't make sense! The film is obviously terrible because the title doesn't make sense and I have no grasp of word definitions."
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,310
    Not too sure about The Hildebrand Rarity either - it certainly doesn't roll off the tongue. And to me it sounds kind of....ugly? Hilde-BRAAND, I don't know.

I've got a feeling it's not going to be a Fleming title. Just a feeling.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hate the Hilderbrand Rarity. Just doesn't sound like Bond to me at all. Fleming for the sake of it, just like QOS imo.

Property of a Lady I think sounds alright but I'm sure they could come up with an original title that's better. I like Risico, it's memorable and it sounds mysterious.

If they're going to use Fleming for the next title though, I think they should call it Shatterhand.

QoS is a great title, as it actually reflects a theme of the film, and what Bond is going through. It wasn't Fleming for the sake of it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I feel that a lot of people hated the QoS title simply because they didn't understand it.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I feel that a lot of people hated the QoS title simply because they didn't understand it.

I don't think that's completely true. I'm sure a lot of those who didn't understand it researched it's meaning. The decision to name the organisation at the centre of the film, 'Quantum', was more detrimental IMO. It just confused the issue for some. Quantum is hardly something used in common parlance, so I can forgive those who didn't immediately understand the incredibly subtle context. It's the kind of pretentious title an inexperienced synonym-happy writer would concoct, which is surprising as Fleming titles, on the whole, are damn good.
    Right. Most of the above could go into the "The name's 24, Bond 24" thread. Any production news?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Right. Most of the above could go into the "The name's 24, Bond 24" thread. Any production news?

We should hear something more in a couple of months. I belive that the next news might involve Mr. Deakins.
  • SJK91 wrote:
    Not too sure about The Hildebrand Rarity either - it certainly doesn't roll off the tongue. And to me it sounds kind of....ugly? Hilde-BRAAND, I don't know.

I've got a feeling it's not going to be a Fleming title. Just a feeling.

To me, Shatterhand is ugly. THR, OTOH, has a bit of music to it.
  • Creasy47 wrote:

Could be. I doubt more than one in 10 movie-goers could define "solace." And that number would drop to one in 100 for "quantum."

Funny, I'm not a native English speaker but I understood both words.
  • I understood it, I just didn't like it. I think a Bond title has to be snappy, it has to be memorable and it has to convey adventure and danger. QOS doesn't do that.
    I would love it if they turned the book Icebreaker or High Time to Kill into a movie. Those 2 books were so interesting to read