SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Risico007 wrote:
    No I had no idea... Still find it a bland title even with the routes to Fleming.

Which would mean only Tomorrow Never Dies and Skyfall were original titles (though I still feel like Skyfall is from Fleming's pen)

That he wrote die another day in a letter hardly makes it a Fleming title. I still count it as an original title.

Oh and originally a goldeneye is a duck. I always thought that was funny.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Did anybody think when they released the title Skyfall that the movies plot would involve some type of arial activity?

I thought it was the name of an operation, like TB. And also that it referred to a catastrophic and desperate situation.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Did anybody think when they released the title Skyfall that the movies plot would involve some type of arial activity?

I thought it was the name of an operation, like TB. And also that it referred to a catastrophic and desperate situation.

That's what I assumed too thanks to the teaser trailer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't know how many like the title of DAD, but I really liked how it fit into the film.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    I noticed this comment on another site (guess which one):

"Also Barbara Broccoli/Craig/the Craig fans feel the Craig era is superior and more artistic than the old series and make fun of the Cubby Broccoli series on sites such as MI6 and CommanderBond.

The Craig films are part of the official Eon series and the next film will be the 24th film in that series. Maybe we should call it the 24th Official Bond film/4th Craig "fake Bond" film"

There is only one response, which would be suitable....

8-}
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't know how many like the title of DAD, but I really liked how it fit into the film.

It's more than a little generic, but Bond does use it well. I think part of the reason it's so disliked is that it's associated with that mess of a film. If only Brosnan had gotten his For Your Eyes Only.
    @WillyGalore, what site was that?

@Soundofthesinners, yeah, I quite liked how he used the title in the movie. I think you're right in that a part of why it's so loathed is because it's associated with the movie, but the title by itself was well used.
  • Tomorrow Never Dies was probably worse in my book. It's nonsensical and not even a little related to the movie. But that movie was halfway decent and didn't leave the series in a tortured mess for 4 years. C'est la vie.
    @Creasy47 I won't give them any publicity, but it's a rather notorious one!

I think I know who you speak of. Jokes.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I think I know who you speak of. Jokes.

This is what is experienced by every member on that site when they wake up on a morning:

tumblr_m6ijbycBwn1rsrbj9_large.gif

=))
    Wow, so this time in 2 years I will be on this site chatting very carefully obviously about Bond 24?!!! My my my the imagination is running wild already! :-bd
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Re: title Tomorrow Never Dies:

If you go to the "For Original Fans ..." thread, we just finished looking back at TND. Here is the trivia info SirHenry found re the title:

- The original title of the film was "Tomorrow Never Lies", which makes sense when you consider media mogul Elliot Carver (Jonathan Pryce) was creating the next day's headlines in advance, then causing those events to happen. But a typo on an early script draft was adopted by the producers, and Tomorrow Never Dies was used instead.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

"Also Barbara Broccoli/Craig/the Craig fans feel the Craig era is superior and more artistic than the old series and make fun of the Cubby Broccoli series on sites such as MI6 and CommanderBond.

The Craig films are part of the official Eon series and the next film will be the 24th film in that series. Maybe we should call it the 24th Official Bond film/4th Craig "fake Bond" film"

8-}

Oh yeah, we spend day and night over here slamming the hell out of Cubby's memory. I'm surprised we have time to discuss anything else amidst our daily vitriolic rants about how King Craig is the greatest thing to ever happen to the Bond franchise, and how Cubby, Harry, Young and co. didn't know the character from their own arses. Even at that point we have a pretty tight schedule which makes it a pressing issue to try and fit in our required monthly burnings of the original Fleming novels (all first edition prints, mind you) and weekend church trips to praise the holier than thou Mr. Daniel Craig, who shall rule as Bond for the foreseeable eternity. It's not easy being maliciously twisted, baby-eating disgraces to humanity such as us, but I guess if it was easy then everyone would be doing it.

8-}

Oh yeah, we spend day and night over here slamming the hell out of Cubby's memory. I'm surprised we have time to discuss anything else amidst our daily vitriolic rants about how King Craig is the greatest thing to ever happen to the Bond franchise, and how Cubby, Harry, Young and co. didn't know the character from their own arses. Even at that point we have a pretty tight schedule which makes it a pressing issue to try and fit in our required monthly burnings of the original Fleming novels (all first edition prints, mind you) and weekend church trips to praise the holier than thou Mr. Daniel Craig, who shall rule as Bond for the foreseeable eternity. It's not easy being maliciously twisted, baby-eating disgraces to humanity such as us, but I guess if it was easy then everyone would be doing it.

Good one @0Brady :))

They must imagine that we're some kind of Aryan race who like to dance around a massive bonfire whilst we encourage our blonde haired, blue eyed children to thrown copies of Fleming into the fire...
    But well, yes, I do that every full moon ... so what's your point? ;)

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Frankly, not that it matters very much, but I can´t understand this kind of "hate" between forums, webs or Bond fans...

Is there a reason? Can someone explain, even via PM? Thanks.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    ggl007 wrote:
    I can´t understand this kind of "hate" between forums, webs or Bond fans

Well with DCINB they hate Craig just because he's blonde, so I don't think they deserve my respect.

With the other forums, I'm not sure. We had an incident about a month ago where one member was trying to get loads of MI6 members to sign up for another forum and then people on that forum were slagging off our forum (one sad twat in particular really pissed me off). I still don't understand why they decided to get loads of members from here or why they hate this forum so much (something to do with the old forum being closed apparently).

There does seem to be lots of rivalries between different forums (try to get on the old site (mi6.co.uk) and it'll take you to commanderbond.com, christ knows what happened there), and I think it's pretty pathetic. They're fan forums FFS. No point arguing over which one is better. We all love Bond at the end of the day and that's what matters.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    ggl007 wrote:
    Frankly, not that it matters very much, but I can´t understand this kind of "hate" between forums, webs or Bond fans...

Is there a reason? Can someone explain, even via PM? Thanks.
    From what I understand you have a group of members on one side who were members of the old KTBEU forum who left angrily after the new change to MI6 Community and formed their own splinter group elsewhere, while here there are remnants of the old guard still in place who adapted to the new layout and as newer members poured in, a new age (Mark II if you will) of the KTBEU forum began. Now there are still childish hostilities in play two years later, and @thelivingroyale summed up the present issues quite well. I don't understand the feuding, but since I wasn't here for the big switch-over and only joined after the new forum began, I can't really comment.
    Agree with what @thelivingroyale and @0Brady have said. The key difference with the DCNIB site is it is dedicated to the hatred of DC and Babs because of the direction the franchise has taken (I do find it amusing how they don't spew any of their bile towards MGW though). They do not consider this era to be 'Bond' and are in constant mourning over 007's 'death' in 2002.

Unfortunately, they are so blinded by their bitterness that they refuse to be even the slightest bit impartial and, ironically, have the nerve to call members on this and other forums 'Fleming haters'.

I compare those people on DCNIB along the same lines as conspiracy theorists in so much that they are all so arrogant that they refuse to listen to anyone else. They're right and everyone else is wrong. It is attention seeking at it's most nauseating.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I don´t even consider those who create a forum "against" something or someone...

So, like thelivingroyale wrote "No point arguing over which one is better. We all love Bond at the end of the day and that's what matters."

I wish those words were really followed by everybody...
    There was rumor Skyfall would be "Red Sky At Night" for awhile, and I'd gamble they even put it on the spec script as a 'diversion'. I like it as a title, and it fits the post-explosion scenes at Skyfall perfectly.

I'm still for Zero Minus / Zero Plus as a tied up back to back Bond adventure, which Bond 24 and 25 are rumored to be :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Do you have a source of where that rumour came from?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Since Disney released their statement last week about Star Wars VIII and how it would start shooting in the spring of 2014 in Pinewood Studios. How will that effect Bond if Star Wars drags out until the autumn?
    Might it be so that in a "worst case scenario" EoN has to move out, once again from Pinewood?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Star Wars won't take longer than four months to film.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This morning I heard something on the radio about a rumoured Bond girl, silly me instead of using the volume button I accidentaly changed station (I was half asleep). When I returned they were saying the usual "will reprise Daniel Craig as James Bond...". I just got the first name, Rose or Rosie!? Has anybody else heard something?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Sandy wrote:
    This morning I heard something on the radio about a rumoured Bond girl, silly me instead of using the volume button I accidentaly changed station (I was half asleep). When I returned they were saying the usual "will reprise Daniel Craig as James Bond...". I just got the first name, Rose or Rosie!? Has anybody else heard something?

rosie%281%29.jpg

Sandy wrote:

rosie%281%29.jpg

I'm pretty sure not that Rosie ;)
    Sandy wrote:

Was it Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the Victoria's Secret model? Hope not...
    Sandy wrote:

Was it Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the Victoria's Secret model? Hope not...

I thought about that, but whatever the surname was, it was short.
    Aussie actress Rose Byrne? Got this from imdb; I do not know if it is a recent picture.
    MV5BMTY4OTMxMDkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQxOTg3NQ@@._V1_SY317_CR12,0,214,317_.jpg