SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I, for one, enjoy when the title of a film makes it into a movie somewhere, whether it's a quote (TWINE), a character (DN), or a place (CR/SF), I've always been a fan of when that happens.

Deakins has to be confirmed. I will be so happy when the day comes.
    Say what you will but using Quantum of Solace in 2008 was a ballsy move

I mean I liked Skyfall as a title And wouldn't mind an original title in that vein but my preference will be from Fleming's pen.
    Well, if people don't want one-word titles and they don't want something lengthy, they can always fall back on...

"Wave Link."
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, if people don't want one-word titles and they don't want something lengthy, they can always fall back on...

"Wave Link."

ANd we have a winner ;)

the cool thing is the upcoming year is going to have loads of news and info
    @Risico007, time really flies when you aren't paying attention. Before you know it, news will slowly eke out, and then a year will be up and filming will start.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I think a possible one is:
    Resurrection - Because it ties into Skyfall and what Bond went thru (and he stated it as his "hobby") and now he is back to form, functioning and (we hope) fully resurrected

I still like Provacateur, too, for a one word title.
    I've seen some people state that they hated the "Resurrection." line, but I think you have a point in that it would fit quite nicely with Bond's actions throughout SF.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I liked the line, but who knows? The powers that be are so marching to their own tune. I never would have guessed Skyfall and they will probably surprise us again.
    I think they may be considering Resurrection because of the line in Skyfall.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've seen some people state that they hated the "Resurrection." line, but I think you have a point in that it would fit quite nicely with Bond's actions throughout SF.

I loved it though ironically I was going through some hard times I even used the line in real life my ex gf dumped me and bragged about how she is having so much fun with other guys I said "everyone needs a hobby" she asked "so what's yours" so I simply had to say "resurrection"
    Risico007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I loved it though ironically I was going through some hard times I even used the line in real life my ex gf dumped me and bragged about how she is having so much fun with other guys I said "everyone needs a hobby" she asked "so what's yours" so I simply had to say "resurrection"

Did you? That's perfect! And if she, or someone, asks you if you are doing better these days, you can say with a smile, "Yes, considerably." :-bd Good for you!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Resurrection doesn't sound Bondian though, at least not too me. It sounds like an overused action movie title that you could stick anywhere. It is a trait Bond has, but lacks that matched elegance, mystery, intrigue and adventure Bond titles should have.
    The Brothers Bond

James Bond discovers he has a brother and his brother blame James for their parents death and plans to get revenge on 007
  • RC7RC7
    Resurrection doesn't sound Bondian though, at least not too me. It sounds like an overused action movie title that you could stick anywhere. It is a trait Bond has, but lacks that matched elegance, mystery, intrigue and adventure Bond titles should have.

Agreed. Resurrection would be a terrible title.
    I think some of the Chapter titles would be rather good
  • Risico007 wrote:
    I think some of the Chapter titles would be rather good
    It's been mentioned a lot, but "A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate" would be excellent, or any variation on it. "Zero Minus Ten" is from Moonraker and that would pretty good.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Resurrection would be a horrible title for a Bond film imo. Just because the character used the line in SF it doesn't mean it's in anyway being considered as a title for a subsequent Bond film. That being said, I'm not a fan if the way the line was used in SF.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    That being said, I'm not a fan if the way the line was used in SF.

Why is that? I quite liked it.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Tomorrow Never Dies should've been called Tomorrow Never Lies. I quite liked DAD's title. They got it from a poem about WW2 apparently.
    Well, I didn't know that; that's interesting.
    Tomorrow Never Lies would have been a great title, besides being relevant to the plot.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    My memory of this is a little hazy but if I recall, Tomorrow Never Lies was indeed the chosen title but somewhere along the line there was some confusion and 'Lies' was mistaken for 'Dies' and the title seemed to stick. Tomorrow Never Lies would have been more relevant to the plot.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My memory of this is a little hazy but if I recall, Tomorrow Never Lies was indeed the chosen title but somewhere along the line there was some confusion and 'Lies' was mistaken for 'Dies' and the title seemed to stick. Tomorrow Never Lies would have been more relevant to the plot.

Yes, I have heard the same thing.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396

Wasn't it to do with a misread fax at MGM or something? Not sure whether that was true or just a myth.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote:

It just didn't sound right to me. The delivery if the line just felt...lost.

Wasn't it to do with a misread fax at MGM or something? Not sure whether that was true or just a myth.

I'm not sure. Like you said, it could be a myth that has been passed down. We may never really know for sure.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Yeah, it was a mistyped memo. Very odd indeed as 'D' is nowhere near 'L' on the keyword.
    doubleoego wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

It just didn't sound right to me. The delivery if the line just felt...lost.

And pointless. Hobby? Resurrection? What? #:-S
    Right, Ludo. It's charmingly fusty. Sounds like a dusty old tome you'd find locked away in an apothecary shop.

I really love it. I understand the producers and people here are weary of the complaints that came with QOS, and I think the title brought in itself an unfair deal of criticism to the movie. That said, regardless of what people think of the movie, and while TPOL would have been just as fitting, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with QOS as a title. Same goes with TSWLM: I don't like the movie much, but it is a very good title.

Now THR I always imagined could be the rare fish of the short story, which Bond and MI6 would use to lure a villain who is into ichthyology the way Goldfigner was into rare gold bars or Blofeld into nobility titles. He has that nefarious plan (destroy a whole population with sarin gas, blow up the Parliament, what have you), he is difficult to get to and very careful, but holding the Hildebrand Rarity is too tempting, and his hubris will have the better of him. That is a potentially wonderful and powerful MacGuffen.

Yes, and much more evocative.
    Tomorrow Never Dies should've been called Tomorrow Never Lies. I quite liked DAD's title. They got it from a poem about WW2 apparently.

I really didn't like DAD as a title (the less said about the movie itself, the better). The Italian title was "Death can Wait" That was much, much better. Actually, borderline great title, certainly too good for the movie.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No I had no idea... Still find it a bland title even with the routes to Fleming.

Which would mean only Tomorrow Never Dies and Skyfall were original titles (though I still feel like Skyfall is from Fleming's pen)
    Did anybody think when they released the title Skyfall that the movies plot would involve some type of arial activity?