The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Green Berets the John Wayne classic.
  • dr.no
    AVTAK UE
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Ghost Whisperer Season 1&2.

ghost-whisperer-seizoen-1-%28dvd%29.jpgwp4a9z6fg09w59zq.jpg
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited August 2013 Posts: 1,874
    Classic Dr Who on blu-ray. Spearhead from Space, Jon Pertwee's first story as the Doctor. Because of strikes at the BBC it was all filmed on 16mm (whereas normally the exteriors were shot on film and the studio portions were on video tape - and a lot of those episodes were scrapped!) so this is probably the only 'classic' story that will appear on high-def.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I hope they continue in order releasing them on Blu-ray, taking as much time as need be, if they can.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Traded in two old movies tonight, which allowed me to pay off 'The Purge' on blu-ray.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Traded in two old movies tonight, which allowed me to pay off 'The Purge' on blu-ray.

What were the two movies? Let us decide if it was worth it. ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:

What were the two movies? Let us decide if it was worth it. ;)

I traded in 'The Matrix' (I had 'The Matrix' and 'The Matrix Reloaded' on blu-ray, but since 'The Matrix Revolutions' costs so much by itself, I figured I would get rid of the former and get the 'Ultimate Matrix Collection' on blu-ray for myself for Christmas) and 'Premium Rush' (it only cost $5, so I can get it on sale again for the same amount, and I still saved money in getting 'The Purge.')
    Ghostbusters on bluray
    Doctor who - The deadly assassin
    The fighter on bluray which i have not seen yet.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,444
    8713053012686.gif

DVD: The Great Debaters (2007) - 2 disc CE with Sleeve. Shame that extra's on disc 2 not have subtitels.

The-Wolfman-2010-Dutch-Front-Cover-70840.jpg
    BD: The Wolfman (2010)
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    John Frankenheimer's neat little horror film disguised as a Rock Hudson movie called SECONDS from 1966. I had it on laser disc back in the day, so it's not some distant memory. Criterion uses Saul Bass' unused print ads and logo on the box, just like their edition of SPARTACUS did. Music by Jerry Goldsmith is pure 60's gold, and a terrific cast made up of mostly black-listed actors marking their return to the screen, it's a creepy, gutsy movie by any standard- or decade. And Rock Hudson, you could say, gave the dramatic performance of his life.

Well worth seeking out.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Goldenball wrote:
    John Frankenheimer's neat little horror film disguised as a Rock Hudson movie called SECONDS from 1966.
    Not a fun film, but a really GOOD one!
    Olympus Has Fallen on Blu-Ray.
    Saw this in theaters and liked it but I wasn't sure if it was worth owning. Then I rented it about a week ago and enjoyed it much more the second time around.
    Rise of the planet of the Apes on bluray - Only ever seen this film on dvd.

I just couldn't get into the film. It was so slow with such a mediocre finale.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Lincoln
    Cloclo
    Notting Hill (3* viewed)
    The Big Lebowski
    Hereafter...

I have to watch them soon !
    Lincoln
    Cloclo
    Notting Hill (3* viewed)
    The Big Lebowski
    Hereafter...

I have to watch them soon !

My favourite Coen Brothers film. It's just so funny. I laugh out loud every time I watch it.

"He treats objects like women, man!" =))
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote:

Narrative is quite simplistic, though Serkis performance and emotional depth to Ceaser is very impressive.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Narrative is quite simplistic, though Serkis performance and emotional depth to Ceaser is very impressive.

Serkis' performances are always impressive. The man is great at what he does.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    21331.jpg

My favorite knockoff of the classic Casablanca(1943). Sadly, it's only available in VHS and pan-and-scan.
    I got 'Resident Evil' tonight on blu-ray for only $3. Such a steal. So close to finishing up my collection of the films thus far.
    I just bought and am currently watching Evil Dead II 25th Anniversary Editon on Blu-Ray. It was only $4.75 new! This one is my second favorite in the Evil Dead series.

1) Army of Darkness
    2) Evil Dead II
    3) Evil Dead (2013)
    4) Evil Dead
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,444
    Yesterday:

DVD: 15 Minutes
    DVD: The English Patient. Extra's not subtiteld, but the BD release not have any and very bad video quality.
    BD: Tron Legacy - 2 disc 3D version (2D/3D)
  • I recently bought "The Mummy- The Legacy Collection" (1932-1944), a true piece of the classic Hollywood horror era. It's a 5 movie set very reasonably priced at about $24 dollars. They also have them for Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolf Man. I grew up with these movies as they used to play them Friday or Saturday nights along with the Japanese monster classics and other films. Very nostalgic, these films bring back a lot of fun childhood memories including those of Bondmania and I have been having a great time rewatching them!
    I recently bought "The Mummy- The Legacy Collection" (1932-1944), a true piece of the classic Hollywood horror era. It's a 5 movie set very reasonably priced at about $24 dollars. They also have them for Frankenstein, Dracula, and the Wolf Man. I grew up with these movies as they used to play them Friday or Saturday nights along with the Japanese monster classics and other films. Very nostalgic, these films bring back a lot of fun childhood memories including those of Bondmania and I have been having a great time rewatching them!

I have the other three you mentioned but never have been able to get the Mummy version as it was not released in our neck of the woods. So is it worth getting it somewhere else? (in the region 2 area)

• @SaintMark- totally worth the money I spent, excellent quality for such old B&W movies as you have probably experienced already with your copies. I am going to get Dracula and Wolf Man next, and my son has all but demanded that I get the Nightmare On Elm Street collection with all 8 films and Robert Englund as FK, which brand new is $31 U.S and that's also a great price at a little under $4 US per disc.
    Chuck Norris triple box set -

Missing in action
    Code of silence
    Lone wolf Mcquade

Missing in action
    Code of silence
    Lone wolf Mcquade

I've been on a '80's/90's action stars' craze lately, having gotten into a lot of popular Schwarzenegger films I've yet to see - and I loved them - and now I wanted to move on to Norris. How is 'Lone Wolf McQuade'? I think it's the only one I currently see on Netflix Instant.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote:

Missing in action
    Code of silence
    Lone wolf Mcquade

I've been on a '80's/90's action stars' craze lately, having gotten into a lot of popular Schwarzenegger films I've yet to see - and I loved them - and now I wanted to move on to Norris. How is 'Lone Wolf McQuade'? I think it's the only one I currently see on Netflix Instant.

Been years since i watched any of Chucks movies, other than Way of the Dragon and his great cameos in dodgeball and Expendables 2. just watched Code of Silence forgot what a great cult movie it is great line from it 'If i want your opinion, i will beat it out of you' classic! Definitely worth a watch, Andrew Davis directed it, who did the Fugitive and Collateral Damage. The trailer states, the toughest cop in the world just got tougher. Classic 80s action movie :-)

The box set was only £1.99 bargain.