The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @QsAssistant, what did you buy? The picture won't load for me, sadly.
    World War Z.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,845
    The last film I bought was a Blu-Ray of Olympus Has Fallen. I look forward to watching it soon. I'm very interested in storming the White House plots! That's why John Gardner's Cold/Cold Fall (1996) appeals to me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote:
    The last film I bought was a Blu-Ray of Olympus Rising. I look forward to watching it soon. I'm very interested in storming the White House plots! That's why John Gardner's Cold/Cold Fall (1996) appeals to me.

Do you mean 'Olympus Has Fallen'? I enjoyed both that and 'White House Down,' they put their own twists on the plot.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    The last film I bought was a Blu-Ray of Olympus Rising. I look forward to watching it soon. I'm very interested in storming the White House plots! That's why John Gardner's Cold/Cold Fall (1996) appeals to me.

Do you mean 'Olympus Has Fallen'? I enjoyed both that and 'White House Down,' they put their own twists on the plot.

Yes, that's the one. Sorry, relying on memory there.
    @Dragonpol, no worries. I found 'Olympus Has Fallen' to be a lot grittier, though I prefer the cast to 'White House Down' and the CGI wasn't as good in 'Olympus.' 'White House Down' was really entertaining, but relied on comedy a lot.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Dragonpol, no worries. I found 'Olympus Has Fallen' to be a lot grittier, though I prefer the cast to 'White House Down' and the CGI wasn't as good in 'Olympus.' 'White House Down' was really entertaining, but relied on comedy a lot.

Are there any other of these types of White House/Presidental films you could recommend for me at all?
    @Dragonpol, I think those are the main two that would qualify as 'Die Hard in the White House.' 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' involves the White House so much, but not so much a specific takeover/hostage situation like the first two. I say check out 'White House Down' if you haven't, I really enjoyed it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Are there any other of these types of White House/Presidental films you could recommend for me at all?

I could recommend to you a cracking book about a White House takeover.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

That would certainly do instead.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'll send you a PM so that I don't send this thread too far off topic. :)
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,845
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I read your kind PM and I really appreciate it, Brady. Thanks so much for your recommendations. You really do go the extra mile for other members.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    I have bought some great Tarantino : Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill (vol.1)

Joy is coming !
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I read your kind PM and I really appreciate it, Brady. Thanks so much for your recommendations. You really do go the extra mile for other members.

I aim to please. ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,894
    dw_day_daleks_dvd_300.jpg

A two disc slice of Pertwee era Who for just £4.99 in HMV. \:D/
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2013 Posts: 4,456
    October

07 October:

BD:
    Jaws (1975) - Digibook Edition. Very out of print those days. After Gladiator this be my second Digibook release. My 9th movie in my collection directed by Steven Spielberg.

21 Oktober 2013:

DVD:
    Bed & Breakfast (1991). My first none Bond movie with Roger Moore.
    Encrypt (2003)
    Promotion dvd with film edition of the Dutch translation of the novel from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

BD:
    The Company You Keep - 2 disc set (BD/DVD Combopack)
    Larry Crowne

22 October 2013:

BD: Transformers Dark of the Moon 4 disc Limited Edition Combopack (3D/2D/Bonus disc/DVD)

Specifications
    Disc 1 (3D Bluray):

Audio: English Dolby TrueHD 7.1. French, Itailan & Thai DD 5.1 (640 kb/s). Subtitels: English, French, Italian, Thai, Dutch/Nederlands, Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin and Chinees.

Disc 2 (2D Bluray):

Audio: English Dolby TrueHD 7.1. French,German,Italian & Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kb/s). Subtitels: English, French, Dutch/Nederlands, German, Italian, Spanish,Danish,Finnish,Norwegian and Swedish.

Disc 3 (Bonus Disc Bluray):

Above and Beyond: Exploring Dark of The Moon (111 min)
    Uncharted Territory: NASA’s Future Then and Now (26 min)
    Deconstructing Chicago: Multi-Angle Sequences (36 min)
    The Art of Cybertron (Photogallerie) The Dark of the Moon Archive (18 min)
    The Matrix of Marketing: 2 trailers and pictures of promotion material.

Subtitels:English,French,German,Dutch/Nederlands,Italian,Spanish,
    Indonesian,Thai,Czech,Hindi,Danish,Finnish,Icelandic,Swedish,
    Norwegian,Estonian,Turkish,Arabic,Russian,Slovakian,Portuguese,
    Chinese,Japanese,Korean,Latvian,Lithuanian,Malaysian,Mandarin,
    Greek and Cantonese.

Disc 4 (2D Regio 2 DVD):

Audio: English DD 5.1 (448 kb/s) & French DD 5.1 (384 kb/s)
    Subtitels: English, French & Dutch/Nederlands

24 October 2013:

BD: The Florax - 3 disc set (3D/BD/DVD)

Specifications:
    3D disc:
    Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. DTS: Japanese, France, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Dutch/Nederlands, Flemish/vlaams.
    Subtitels: Japanese, English, France, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Dutch/Nederlands.
    Extra audio Descriptive in France DD 2.0 at the top of the language menu selection with no subtitels.

2D disc:

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. DTS: France, German, Turkish, Croatian, Iceland, Dutch/Nederlands, Flemish/vlaams, Slovak.
    Subtitels: English, France, German, Turkish, Croatian, Iceland, Dutch/Nederlands,Slovak.
    Extra audio Descriptive in France DD 2.0 at the top of the language menu selection with no subtitels.

Extra's:
    Audiocommentary with only English subtitel option.
    Minimovies and Minimovies Makingoff
    Delete scene
    O-Hare TV: Alternate cut of the movie with commercial interruptions
    Expedition of Truffula Valley
    Seuss to Screen
    Mini Games: Once-ler's Wagon, Get Out Of Town,Truffula Run.
    Sing-along: Let It Grow
    Easter Egg.

DVD:
    Audio: English, France, Dutch/Nederlands, Flemish/Vlaams
    Subtitels: English, France, Dutch/Nederlands.

Extra's:
    Teaser Trailer Despicable Me 2 (0.50)
    Trailer: Barbie The Princess & The Popstar (0.55)
    Promotion Universal Resort.
    Seuss to Screen
    Seuss It Up! (10.28)
    Mini Games: Once-ler's Wagon
    Delete scene

Video of September-October updates http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G75oqtSUcDA
    'Max Payne'

I know it's a pretty much hated film, but I haven't seen it since it was in theaters, saw the kill count on Youtube and a lot of the fight scenes looked a lot better than what I recalled, and it was less than $5 on blu-ray.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Lovelace
    Madame Bovary
    Vital Signs
    Miss Conception

That'll be my Seyfried/Huppert/Lane/Graham fix sorted.
    Picked up 'Predator' and 'The Hills Have Eyes' (remake) on blu-ray for $12.96 with shipping just now. Lots of good deals on the Internet today for some reason. Debating buying season one of 'Breaking Bad,' as it's only $12 on blu-ray.
    I just bought The Wind And The Lion super cheap on eBay. Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I just bought The Wind And The Lion super cheap on eBay. Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives.

I posted it in the DVD/Blu-Ray news thread, but Fox Connect is having 50% off on almost all of its DVD's and blu-rays right now. Insane deals.
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Not bad but not overly amazing. Very engaging though thanks to Jackman. Glad I saw it, glad I own it.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Bram Stokers Dracula
    Jack Reacher

And finally got round to purchasing Lord of the Rings special edition on Bluray, very impressive. The Two Towers is incredible, blew me away on this format.

Star Trek The Next Generation The full Journey Box set. Mid way through season 2, for me the best science fiction series ever made if not the best tv series ever made.
    I bought 'The Sweeney' for $6.80 on a blu-ray. Such a steal after loving it so much.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 418

I'll be watching it later tonight - looking forward to it :-)
    For roughly $16, I took advantage of the Fox sale and got brand new blu-rays of 'The Seven Year Itch,' 'The Hills Have Eyes' (I canceled it last time), and 'Out Of Time.' Not bad at all, can't wait to get them.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    For roughly $16, I took advantage of the Fox sale and got brand new blu-rays of 'The Seven Year Itch,' 'The Hills Have Eyes' (I canceled it last time), and 'Out Of Time.' Not bad at all, can't wait to get them.

Nice choice, that. ;)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, thanks! About time I got to it, and seeing as it was roughly $5, it was a steal. I need some Marilyn in my life.
    Zorin61 wrote:

I'll be watching it later tonight - looking forward to it :-)

I want to have a Pertwee:Who marathon, as i've grown to really like his Doctor. I need just 3 more stores to complete the 3rd Doctor era on DVD:

The Ambassadors Of Death
    The Mind Of Evil
    Invasion Of The Dinosaurs
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 418
    It was Jon Pertwee that got me into Doctor Who. He was the first Doctor that i remember from my childhood, and he still remains my favourite. I'm hoping to get 'The Sea Devils' for Christmas. That's one of my favourites.
  • Both on Bluray, Interview with a Vampire and 2001, wow this really is impressive in this format.