The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Perdogg wrote:
    The Day of the Jackal.

Outstanding film. One of the very best movie releases of the 1970s and Edward Fox does a great job. I'd jump at the chance to be able to see it again

I bought a Blu-ray of "The Ipcress File" through eBay. For some reason, the Harry Palmer films are all out of print in the US in any format. I think maybe they're too British compared to the Bond films, or something. This Blu-ray is advertised as an all-region disc and I sure hope that's true!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Deep
    Cape Town Affair
    Side Effects
    Static
    The Host
    Now Is Good
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2013 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Does anyone have a bad case of buying films on DVD/blu-ray and accumulating a bigger stack without watching them?
    I'm more like that with books- I tend to watch DVD purchases really fast, but I have a pile of books to read that grows a bit faster than I can read them. Same idea, different medium.

I do that with both books and film, criminally so! There are simply too many great pieces of writing and cinema for us to enjoy them all in our marginal lifetimes!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Closer To The Edge. blu-ray, documentary about Isle of Man TT races following Guy Martin (and others) from the build up to the end of TT.
    Enter The Dragon. blu-ray. Hope everything is back in this version, i.e. the sound of the guard's back breaking and Bolo's funny reaction/blow as he drops him.
    The Birth of a Nation. blu-ray, Griffith's controversial civil war epic. A film that really did effect the real world.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,437
    So it whas double party on 30 July

Won the dvd of Oz from Sam Raimi.

oz-the-great-and-powerful-2013-dutch-r2-front-cover-106813.jpg

2 years a go when i won 2 dvd's i also get them on my birthday and one of them whas also directed by Sam Raimi.

Video of the month.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdpD0n8d2WI
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Regarding my last entry, I only purchased 'In Time' on blu-ray. All the others were on Amazon, and I changed my mind after purchasing them, so I cancelled them to have some money to put towards the Xbox One and games. However, I reserved and paid off 'Fast & Furious 6' on blu-ray today, and I 'bought' 'Man of Steel' steelbook blu-ray from Wal-Mart today. The digital copy is through VUDU, so I get to watch it a few weeks early, and when it releases, the steelbook will be sent to my house. I did the same with 'Oblivion,' and it's sitting on my account.
    Got my All-Region Blu-Ray of "The Ipcress File" today, made in Britain. I was relieved to find that it plays just fine on my North American Blu-Ray player! Yay!
    Not a movie though linked to a movie, bought the ill fated Firefly box set which was canceled. Owned Serentity the movie which came after the cancelled series for a few years. First time i have watched Firefly and can understand the uproar from many fans this is a very good show and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Yesterday the Bluray Metal Pack Edition of ''9' from 2009 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472033/, produced by Tim Burton.

29mw382.jpg

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Not a movie though linked to a movie, bought the ill fated Firefly box set which was canceled. Owned Serentity the movie which came after the cancelled series for a few years. First time i have watched Firefly and can understand the uproar from many fans this is a very good show and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I thought this series showed great potential, a second season with a bigger budget would of been fantastic, for those who haven't seen it think Star Trek with a character defect laden crew combined with the fun and adventure of the original Star Wars films.

saunders wrote:

I thought this series showed great potential, a second season with a bigger budget would of been fantastic, for those who haven't seen it think Star Trek with a character defect laden crew combined with the fun and adventure of the original Star Wars films.

This show was very well written and seemed to hit a very good level early on. I can only assume because it was very much a adult show and maybe Whedons reputation proceeded him, that they wrongly felt it was not marketable to the audience they wanted to aim for. Brilliant show really should have had a second season commissioned.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 24
    I got the 3 movie "Beethoven Puppy Pak" on dvd. Really good movies. My hallway at home has framed posters for the first movie (signed by Christopher Castile) and Beethoven's 2nd.
    Easy A. I purchased this DVD in the hopes of seeing Emma Stone sleep around for the sake of her grades. Despite being otherwise misled by the title, I was not disappointed.
    I picked up 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' and 'Friday the 13th' remake on blu-ray tonight. The former has to be my biggest guilty pleasure of 2013 so far. It was so entertaining and action-packed.
    After altering a previous purchase, I decided to buy 'Shooter,' 'Repo Men,' and 'Halloween: 35th Anniversary Edition' on blu-ray tonight off Amazon. I already own 'Halloween,' but I couldn't pass up a new booklet, brand new commentary by Carpenter and Curtis, and some new scenes from the TV version. I can't wait!
    21 jump Street
    The Prestige
    Mcgruber

All on Bluray, 21 jump Street was better than expected stupid though very funny.
    Today:

5099720182795.9f.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR-1IT5C0LBcwCl_jbIlI2RDJJa_l5hyqv1YOYkpKIQLii7GHaGQ

f0nrzb.jpg

Music DVD - 538 Clip Zone (2002)
    Anima Volume 3 who include 12 short films and 25 mini films from various country's, show on some Animation festival in Belgium 2005.
    Glory Daze (1995)
    Alien Anthology on Bluray
    The Arnie classic - Batman and Robin on Bluray
    Snake eyes on dvd - huge fan of Depalma.
    Side Effects
    North by Northwest
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Not really a movie but series :

- Dr. House season 8
    - The Mentalist season 4

House's last season is a huge perf from my point of view.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,894
    High Season
    CrimeBroker
    The Crow: Salvation
    Elizabethtown
    Sherlock Holmes: The Elementary Box Set
    Man On Fire
    War Of The Worlds (2005)
    Monte Carlo
    The Assassination
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Oblivion

One of the greatest sci-fi films ever!
    Oblivion

Mine's been delivered to my house on blu-ray! Can't wait to get home next week and watch it. Fantastic film.
    Criminal Minds boxset
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    On a recent trip to Walmart I got Volumes 1 & 2 of the Connery era on Blu-ray that has all 6 of his films, in two separate cases with 3 films in each. I figured that since I am not really that interested in the 50th anniversary Blu-ray collection, I might as well take the exceptional deal I got on these and run with it (both just 9 dollars each for three whole films). These are the films I care the most about in the series, along with the Craig films (which I also plan to get on Blu-ray sometime soon), so I would rather snap up these at such a great selling price than pay for the somewhat over-priced Bond 50 set on Amazon who would throw on even more expense for shipping and handling. And I must say, I have only re-watched DN and FRWL as of yet, but the restoration of these films is top notch, and I have never been more immersed into these wonderful films than at this time.

Also at Walmart I got a Sherlock Holmes collection from a 4 dollar bin, which includes a the entirety of a 50s Holmes TV series (29 episodes in total) with Ronald Howard as Holmes, as well as 4 films that feature both Basil Rathbone and Arthur Wontner as the detective, respectively. The set includes the Rathbone-starring film The Woman in Green, one I have long awaited seeing and has also inspired BBC Sherlock.

An absolute steal, I say!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you can't beat steals like that! I went with the separate blu-rays for all 23 Bond films on blu-ray, but I have to say, those actor blu-ray collections look phenomenal.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you can't beat steals like that! I went with the separate blu-rays for all 23 Bond films on blu-ray, but I have to say, those actor blu-ray collections look phenomenal.
    Yes, they are great. I have only seen the Connery volumes in stores, so I have no idea if they have ones for Roger, Pierce, or Tim. They probably wouldn't bother doing the same for George or Dan, the former because he only did one film, the latter because his era isn't over yet. I would consider buying more in this style though, if they are out there.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Only Dalton and Lazenby don't have collections of their films in one bundle. The others do. Roger's again in two sets and Brosnan and Craig's in one. Only Craig's are on Blu-ray at the moment though.

http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Craig-007-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00BPMGFLK
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,687
    Oblivion

Whoah, you are not kidding! I just bought & watched it last night.... WOW. It might just end up in my top ten sci-fi movies of all time.