Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    We have discussion about other things then Bond in the General Discussion part. There's no need for doing more then that.
    It would be awesome if we could make polls.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    It would be awesome if we could make polls.
    If you have a suggestion for a poll, take contact with a moderator and we'll gladly help out if it's a reasonable one :)
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned already, or fixed.... the current top article is from 'on this day in history' from 10th August. Eh?!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned already, or fixed.... the current top article is from 'on this day in history' from 10th August. Eh?!

What top article?
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    It's not actually an error. It doesn't have to be on today's date to be an 'on this day' article, rather it draws attention to milestones in Bond productions. And it coincides with the 30th anniversary of Octopussy, so we thought it appropriate.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Your LALD article on the front page has a photo caption saying Geoffrey Holder played TeeHee. It was Julius W Harris.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Could the two Skyfall sections now be archived and the Bond 24 section be moved into it's place?

The movies section would also need to be edited to say Skyfall is now included.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Yep - we will be having a spring clean next week.
    Thanks Mr. Page. Great news. Looking forward to it. I'm hoping it's a spring clean in more ways than one.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I cannot copy and paste, insert an image any more. Help? Pretty please? Thanks!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I do hate that when i search for a topic and then open the topic i've been looking for it opens in a new tab and i'm logged-out. That is very annoying!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MrBond wrote:
    I do hate that when i search for a topic and then open the topic i've been looking for it opens in a new tab and i'm logged-out. That is very annoying!

I had quite the problem with constantly getting logged out when I used a different browser a long while back, but when I switched to Chrome, I stopped having those problems.
    JamesPage wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Could the two Skyfall sections now be archived and the Bond 24 section be moved into it's place?

Will this still be happening?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

I had quite the problem with constantly getting logged out when I used a different browser a long while back, but when I switched to Chrome, I stopped having those problems.

Well, frankly the problem for me is that it happens in Chrome.
    JamesPage wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Any chance of this happening soon?
    Would it be possible to bring forward a 'hide thread' option ? I feel I may be getting paranoid with one or two things, but by the same token, there are in fact one or two areas of debate on these pages that I basically fail to recognize. In actual fact, I'm getting progressively agitated with one or two threads now. Some may view it as ridiculous, or unnecessary, or however you want to see it as, but sometimes I feel as if there's maybe no alternative. I'm not going to lie on this issue. I'd rather be honest with myself and put forward an idea and let it be heard, than sit in silence, hoping the problem will go away

If this could be implemented any time soon, it would be appreciated, and remember - it's only an option for anyone to use. Could be useful also during troll attacks or other unwanted garbage ?

It's just an idea that could be utilized and I'd be content to make full use of it, given that chance
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That is an interesting idea. I use that option on FB. (Actually, I am about to quit FB. )

I do not know if it is feasible, but I rather like the idea, too, that Baltimore_007 has just requested.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    "January 4
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?"

I posted this at the beginning of the year and it is still happening now...was wondering if you could give me a Sit. Rep.

Any News??

Can I get a sit-rep. on this?
    Has anyone ever been posting in a thread, then you go back to the main discussions, and when you re-click the thread later on after someone has posted, it shows you the amount of pages, but it's blank, and you have to click the last page to see what was posted?
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Has anyone ever been posting in a thread, then you go back to the main discussions, and when you re-click the thread later on after someone has posted, it shows you the amount of pages, but it's blank, and you have to click the last page to see what was posted?

Yes that happens often. I'm guessing it's a system glitch.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Yes that happens often. I'm guessing it's a system glitch.

It's a minor annoyance, nothing too big. I just remember a while back when I used Safari instead of Chrome, I would constantly get signed out, I would quote people but it would take me to a separate page, etc. It was really annoying. I think that's the only thing I can think of that's a problem for me as of now.
    So after chatting with another user, we came up with some ideas of things we would like to see, and we wanted to know if there were any plans in motion for these ideas, or if they would even be possible:

1.) An About Me page? It would add some nice customization to our profiles, while letting members get a lot more friendly with one another if they find out specifics they never knew before: His hobbies correlate with mine? He likes the same music that I do? Her favorite Bond films almost mirror mine exactly? Like I said, nice bit of customization and would make things a bit more personal.

2.) Display picture size increase? This is something I've wanted for a while, and I would love it if there was a way we could have our display pictures in threads be increased in size a little bit. Would certainly allow for higher detail and quality, and would also let more of an image come into play. A lot of the pictures I've wanted to use in the past didn't work because the image is too big for what I have to work with in the display picture, and even if I do go with the entire image for my avatar, it's too small to notice what's going on in it.

3.) Going off of customization, is there a way we could somehow have something else displayed by our name in threads? There's our username, date, avatar, post count, and then the Quote, Edit, and Flag options, but is it possible to maybe include the customizable Location we enter on our profile page along with the rest of this information in threads?

4.) Sticky Threads. We've had quite a few contests, trivia threads, and key topics that will end up buried away for months on end because someone won't reply and it gets lost until a member remembers it and has to bump it. Any way we could have sticky threads, or at least a sticky section, that contains some of the more popular/current threads? So for now, we could have the captions/trivia/console/cinemas threads stickied, and perhaps some main B24 threads as well.

Seeing some of these come to fruition would be nice, and of course, I'm interested in everyone else's thoughts on the matter, whether some of them happen or not. Thoughts, ideas, anything you would change in what I described?
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Good call on the Sticky threads Creasy! I mentioned this at the top of page 18 in February giving examples of forums using the Vanilla software but nothing has come of it.

Also the Bond 24 sections may be needed sooner than we like the think. It would be great if they were added and Skyfall merged with the other films. Again, that was promised back in July.

I know there is always something going on but it really would be a good idea for those in charge to use this downtime between films to their advantage if they can, before things get busy again.
    @Samuel001, let's hope we at least get some opinions on it this time, then.

Yeah, SF has been out on blu-ray and DVD for eight months now, I think it's about time it gets placed with the other films and we put some more emphasis on B24. It'll be here before we know it, and as the B24 Thread was updated earlier, it's only one year until they start shooting.

With a new film comes lots and lots of new users looking to get in on the craze and excitement with the rest of us, so I couldn't agree more: there's going to be a down time for quite a while, let's hope those in charge make the best of it, if they so choose.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 5,745
    I don't know @Samuel001

Skyfall is still, arguably, the most discussed topic on the threads, at the very least by running it through the comparisons, etc.

I'd argue they still have 6-to-8 months before any major Bond 24 commotion begins (unfortunately). We are a year into pre-production, but still two years from release. We have time.

As far as a suggestion I'd like to bring up in a, perhaps very distant, future update, how possible is a 'chat' feature? We have what is essentially E-mailing between members, but to be able to directly chat or instant message to members, perhaps multiple members at once, would easily clear the side conversations and not-so-relevant threads up. Just a thought.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The Bond Movies section is the most popular, it has been since Skyfall has come and gone and we could get news as early as February, so might as well get it sorted now.

If anything, just include Skyfall within Bond Movies as it isn't needed on it's own. At least give Bond 24 it's own section, with the other being Bond 25 and beyond, otherwise it will be hell to separate when the time comes. Why create more work for yourself?
    So, any thoughts from anyone else? Update or comments from the mods at all?
    I've always taken the postion that even though some aren't commenting, they are reading, admins and all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I like #1 a lot @Creasy47, haven't had issues with my profile image, but hear your complaints in #2, and think #4 wouldn't hurt to keep the place more sorted and allow users to find particularly relevant threads. I don't really see a need for #3, but that's just me. I think fitting some of the stuff we have on our personal profile pages into each post we make would take up a bit too much space.
This discussion has been closed.