SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Wow, I didn't know about the original line in GE. I definitely like the one in the film better. I would NOT have wanted that brought up.

I love Judi's M. I do consider her a most important supporting character and not a Bond girl. I generally think of the Bond girl as the typical description as several folks have mentioned (sexy, beds or flirts with Bond, etc.). Other characters are characters. And that in no way diminishes Judi's role; I just cannot think of her M as a Bond girl, that's all.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    M is basically SF's main character but I still wouldn't call her a Bond girl.
    Back on topic I hope to have a new rumor/news soon
  • So so far if we add the number of posts from whose who say M is a Bond girl, vs whose who say she's not, we've got 20.000 posts for the first category, and 10.000 for the second. Com'on guys, don't let some people who hates all Roger Moore movies decide ! :) :)
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 388
    On a tangentially related point, M's has a line of dialogue in GE, "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, though wasted on me, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you" but in the original script it was "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, I might actually have succumbed to ten years ago, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you." - would have put a whole different twist on their relationship, in the Brosnan era at least[/b]
    Please tell me you are joking!
    :-&

Sadly not. It was really in the original script! I can only assume that they were planning to cast a slightly younger actress as M and / or had Tim Dalton still in mind as Bond. Judi Dench is only 10 years older than Dalton so... Either way, would have been a terrible spin on the M-Bond relationship.
    On a tangentially related point, M's has a line of dialogue in GE, "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, though wasted on me, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you" but in the original script it was "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, I might actually have succumbed to ten years ago, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you." - would have put a whole different twist on their relationship, in the Brosnan era at least[/b]

Sadly not. It was really in the original script! I can only assume that they were planning to cast a slightly younger actress as M and / or had Tim Dalton still in mind as Bond. Judi Dench is only 10 years older than Dalton so... Either way, would have been a terrible spin on the M-Bond relationship.

Point of clarification...whose original script? The Michael France draft seems to indicate M is still Sir Miles. Are we talking about Caine? Feirstein? Somebody else?
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 388

Point of clarification...whose original script? The Michael France draft seems to indicate M is still Sir Miles. Are we talking about Caine? Feirstein? Somebody else?

It's not the Michael France draft (it's been a long time since I read it. I remember that M is a pipe-smoking man but a new character, I think. Isn't it established that Messervey / Brown retired and was replaced by Trevelyan?) I'm guessing it's probably a Jeffrey Caine draft before Feirstein came onboard.
  • i hope Danial Craig will be the bond again for B24...
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    i hope Danial Craig will be the bond again for B24...

He will, and for Bond 25.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Is Campbell busy??? If he isn't pay him whatever he wants because irrespective of his work outside if Bond, he knows how to get the job done when it comes to 007 and IMO, is the best director in the last 20 odd years. I'm just watching CR again and damn, it's a bloody awesome movie!
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    MrBond wrote:

Bond 25 will be big!
    MrBond wrote:

Bond 25 will be big!

Lets worry about number 24 first.

Still no word on casting director locations or title yeah I am nervous
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 820
    SaintMark wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Bond 25 will be big!

Lets worry about number 24 first.
    Well he will be for sure. He one my 007Fav, Longer They make it right now & release within next year or 2015.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    Remember this?:
    Risico007 wrote:
    All MI5 and Bond 24 has is a writer and some returning cast so honestly I think people need to relax a bit.
    Did a mere span of ten days make you change your tune?!
    Risico007 wrote:
    Remember this?:
    Risico007 wrote:
    All MI5 and Bond 24 has is a writer and some returning cast so honestly I think people need to relax a bit.
    Did a mere span of ten days make you change your tune?!

I was just figuring we would have a bit more news but I am only slightly nervous nothing to worried about
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've been thinking, with Baz saying EON want to begin production on Bond 25 soon after Bond 24, could they be trying for films in 2015 and 2016, wanting the same director for both?
    I think, this is not possible, neither cast nor crew are fit to shoot them back to back nor would they want to.
    All are exhausted after one Bond and need rest.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It wouldn't be back to back, but a year apart. January - June 2015, then January - June 2016.

It was just an idea and maybe something that's being thought about.
    But you have to consider, that the day of wrap isn't the end - by far not. This would mean for the director and the prods to work without hardly a break. IMO not a good idea. And with the promo just over, they would have to jump right into the next. I want my Bond as much as the next person, but this will not happen. I still think, they might begin earlier then we think right now. There is still time.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't even know what to think. Something's just not adding up. Logan's been on board to write Bond 24 and 25 and he was a lock by this time roughly last year. SF made over a billion dollars at the BO and the biggest challenge EoN are facing just so happens to be finding a director??? Either they have an idea who they're getting to helm Bond 24 and are just waiting for the right time to make an announcement or the plan is to release Bond 24 in 2015.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I agree and share your confusion @doubleoego and that's the only reason I think they're going for a one-two punch and may release two films in quick succession. That want a surprise, shock announcement. Otherwise I'm sure we'd know something by now. Baz is normally on the money and if they wanted another after Bond 24 so quickly, why wait two years, when they could wait three again? It makes sense for Logan to have had this long to write both films, as well.
    He did Drive didn't he? I loved that. Brilliant, stylish film.

I'd be happy if this rumour turns out true.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited May 2013 Posts: 4,012

That is very interesting! I wouldn't mind at all, interesting director.

EDIT: Nice new name for the thread ;)
    This sounds all very Marc-Forster-ish to me, a young stylish European director. I had my hopes pinned on a similar Sam Mendes type a la Joe Wright.
  • I like what I've seen of Winding Refn's work in Bronson and Drive, but I'm not sure how I feel about him directing a Bond film. His style just feels surreal and detached from what I've seen; that's not a bad thing, but I don't know how well it would work for Bond. Of course, he could take a different route from that style, but who knows?
    He's not what I was expecting at all but if he's one of the many in talks, things are moving along, that's good. Could an announcement be imminent? If so, are they really going for next year?

Great day for the news too.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Refn would put a very unique take on Bond, that's for sure.
    Forster done right?