SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Shouldn't this be edited so the title reflect Nolan's possible involvement
    Risico007 wrote:

No. He still i sone of several choices.

@Aziz - times change. Its not as easy as it was. Get your brain cells off the 70's and 80's and 90's and come to face reality. We are in 2013...just reminding....
    who are the other options I wonder
    Risico007 wrote:

No, because there at least three threads discussing it already..
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I agree, though it should be edited to include the missing h in Whishaw. ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I agree, though it should be edited to include the missing h in Whishaw. ;)

What missing h?
    :-\"
    I disagree this thread is about bond production and Nolan being a potential director is apart of that process but perhaps I am wrong.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I disagree this thread is about bond production and Nolan being a potential director is apart of that process but perhaps I am wrong.

It's been included in the original post.. along the timeline, but it shouldn't be the direct topic of this thread when the same discussion is being held multiple times.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just want to spend a moment to take my hat off to @JWESTBROOK (but not how Oddjob does it) for setting up this timeline of Bond 24's production. It will be really cool to look back once we have seen the film and track how it got to the finish line month by month.
    this has been a very awesome thread
    :\">
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If Cotillard is in the next film, I wouldn't be able to help comparing her to Marlohe: they're both beautiful, French women. I don't know if I would like Hathaway in a Bond film, but I'm sure she would make a great companion, ala Camille. Chastain would be very good, I'm sure.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If Cotillard is in the next film, I wouldn't be able to help comparing her to Marlohe: they're both beautiful, French women. I don't know if I would like Hathaway in a Bond film, but I'm sure she would make a great companion, ala Camille. Chastain would be very good, I'm sure.

So is Eva Green, Claudine Auger, Sophie Marceau, Corrine Clery, Carole Bouquet and many more actresses I am no doubt grazing over, but I never compare any of them. The women share a nationality, but they are able to have distinctive performances in the Bond films.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote:

So is Eva Green, Claudine Auger, Sophie Marceau, Corrine Clery, Carole Bouquet and many more actresses I am no doubt grazing over, but I never compare any of them. The women share a nationality, but they are able to have distinctive performances in the Bond films.

I had never realised there were so many French Bond girls!
    Sandy wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I had never realised there were so many French Bond girls!

And all of them are extremely beautiful, the majority of them fantastic Bond girls! I say cast more French women in Bond films!
    Creasy47 wrote:

I, too, never put them all together in such a way. You're right in that aspect, apologies for seeming simple-minded.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I, too, never put them all together in such a way. You're right in that aspect, apologies for seeming simple-minded.

No apologies needed; it is impossible for you to seem such a way.
  • Olga Kurylenko is French too (she had both French and Ukrainian nationalities well before shooting QoS). So, all of DC's Bond girls were French so far...
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Olga Kurylenko is French too (she had both French and Ukrainian nationalities well before shooting QoS). So, all of DC's Bond girls were French so far...

Aren't you forgetting a few :-?
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Sandy wrote:
    Aren't you forgetting a few :-?

I was talking about the remarkable Green/Kurylenko/Marlohe three French in a row DC's "main" Bond girl. It doesn't mean we saw them here a lot to promote the movies though. For CR, it was even Caterina Murino who did most of the job actually - doing the interviews, doing almost all the speaking at the French premiere, etc... (she's Italian, but she speaks perfect French and actually has a 90% French carreer I guess, she even was in two very successful French films before CR, including a mega-hit which did more than SF did later)
    Severine was not anything close to the "main" Bond girl of Skyfall as far as I am concerned. That place belongs to M, in my opinion.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    Risico007 wrote:

as long as Cotillards character is not going to die in the film... (remember Dark Knight Rises?)
    Severine was not anything close to the "main" Bond girl of Skyfall as far as I am concerned. That place belongs to M, in my opinion.

The only ones who don't agree with you are those who only see the Bond girl as being the sexiest with the most screen time who Bond beds the most. M was most certainly THE Bond girl of SF.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The only ones who don't agree with you are those who only see the Bond girl as being the sexiest with the most screen time who Bond beds the most. M was most certainly THE Bond girl of SF.

Hm, don't forget those who use "Bond girl" when the role fits the archetypal formula, and won't try to bend the rules to try to fit anything to it. Of course, M is more a main character than Severine in SF, but calling M a Bond girl feels wrong to me. First, the role could have been played by a man IMO, something you can't really say for any other Bond girl...
  • Creasy47 wrote:

Hm, don't forget those who use "Bond girl" when the role fits the archetypal formula, and won't try to bend the rules to try to fit anything to it. Of course, M is more a main character than Severine in SF, but calling M a Bond girl feels wrong to me. First, the role could have been played by a man IMO, something you can't really say for any other Bond girl...

On a tangentially related point, M's has a line of dialogue in GE, "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, though wasted on me, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you" but in the original script it was "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, I might actually have succumbed to ten years ago, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you." - would have put a whole different twist on their relationship, in the Brosnan era at least
    Creasy47 wrote:

On a tangentially related point, M's has a line of dialogue in GE, "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, though wasted on me, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you" but in the original script it was "I think you're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur, a relic of the Cold War, whose boyish charms, I might actually have succumbed to ten years ago, obviously appeal to that young woman I sent to evaluate you." - would have put a whole different twist on their relationship, in the Brosnan era at least
    Please tell me you are joking!
    :-&
    Wow. I had absolutely no idea that was the original line. That's...wow. No matter what era, it most certainly would have sent a very awkward vibe throughout the rest of the films.

"Bond, ten years ago, you could have had me in an instant. Now, you'll have to report to Moneypenny for your sexual innuendos. We will merely speak with sexual tension in the air."
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Well ten years before 1995 it was 1985. Back in the days of good ole' Roger Moore. He was 58 at the time and Judi was 51, so then it wouldn't be so strange that M and Bond hooked up...

;) :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    M was the Bond Woman of Skyfall. ;)