SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Due to poor decisions I think getting Refn now is better then waiting for Mendes
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    dragonsky wrote:
    I hope that we will see B24 soon. I don't like all this wait. With the problems with the director the idea of B24 in 2014 is over. So I guess that we will be able to see B24 in late 2015.

I would agree with this. To be honest if you offer me 2015 now I'll take it because I'll be really pissed off to have to wait until 2016.

If I had to lay odds currently I'd go:

2014 5/1
    2015 Evens
    2016 7/2

Just dont see why they want to let the best and most popular Bond since Connery just get older and older without getting more films out of him.

Think its safe to say at the current slow rate of progress we'll only be getting 2 more out of Craig, not the rumoured 3.

Yes, sadly this is a fairly accurate picture, I'd hazard a guess.
  • dragonsky wrote:
    I hope that we will see B24 soon. I don't like all this wait. With the problems with the director the idea of B24 in 2014 is over. So I guess that we will be able to see B24 in late 2015.

I would agree with this. To be honest if you offer me 2015 now I'll take it because I'll be really pissed off to have to wait until 2016.

2014 5/1
    2015 Evens
    2016 7/2

Just dont see why they want to let the best and most popular Bond since Connery just get older and older without getting more films out of him.

Think its safe to say at the current slow rate of progress we'll only be getting 2 more out of Craig, not the rumoured 3.

I'd agree with that too, @Wizard. I'm pretty sure it will be 2015. Shame to only get 2 more from Craig. But as Connery, Moore and Brosnan all stayed on for one film too many maybe it's a blessing in disguise?
    dragonsky wrote:

2014 5/1
    2015 Evens
    2016 7/2

I'd agree with that too, @Wizard. I'm pretty sure it will be 2015. Shame to only get 2 more from Craig. But as Connery, Moore and Brosnan all stayed on for one film too many maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

Well, two is better than nothing, I suppose, but it seems a real waste of Craig's talents and great potential in the role.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd rather to wait for Mendes to return than have Refn helm it just because some are too impatient for the next Bond adventure.
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    Well, two is better than nothing, I suppose, but it seems a real waste of Craig's talents and great potential in the role.

Maybe, but I think that the Bond films have suffered slightly in the past from being rushed out (TND, TWINE and QoS spring to mind) so I'd much rather have two great films than three good ones. CR and SF really seemed to benefit from the extra time they had in development.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 17,809
    Dragonpol wrote:

Maybe, but I think that the Bond films have suffered slightly in the past from being rushed out (TND, TWINE and QoS spring to mind) so I'd much rather have two great films than three good ones. CR and SF really seemed to benefit from the extra time they had in development.

Well, that's very true so perhaps we should not complain any more about the projected 2015 date if we get a great Bond film out of it.
  • tqbtqb
    god not Refn, please.
    Dragonpol wrote:

That's how I feel. If it takes until 2015 for a release date, so be it. I prefer a better product that isn't out as early as a half-assed, rushed one that we get much sooner.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I would not rule out three more with Craig just yet, even if it came to '15, '18 and '21, it's very possible. One film in his fifties is hardly a problem. Plus, I'm sure EON would love Connery, Moore and Craig as the 'top dogs' with 19 films between them.
    @Samuel001, I could see that happening. Besides, when Craig reaches his 50's, I think he will still look good. Unless it magically shows up in the next few years, he could still pull off the Bond he can play today.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I would not rule out three more with Craig just yet, even if it came to '15, '18 and '21, it's very possible. One film in his fifties is hardly a problem. Plus, I'm sure EON would love Connery, Moore and Craig as the 'top dogs' with 19 films between them.

This would be a very welcome scenario for me and doubtless many others. Daniel Craig deserves this.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This also falls in line with Barbara Broccoli's comment last year of Craig having the role "for the next decade at least". If they pull their fingers out and speed things up, they can get seven and we'll see how badly EON want that in the years to come.

Don't send him packing quite yet.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited May 2013 Posts: 108
    I was pleasantly surprised by Daniel Craig's own views on this subject: During an interview for Skyfall, Craig remarked that the script's emphasis on Bond's advancing age was appropriate given his own increasing years. As such, Craig is quite aware of his own shelf-life as an action star. Unlike Connery and Moore, perhaps Craig might feel one day that he is too old for the role even if Bond fans and the Bond producers insist otherwise. Perhaps, in the long term, this isn't a bad thing. No one wants another A View to a Kill with an almost 60-year-old Bond.
    Plus I wasn't the biggest fan of Skyfall so new blood would be fine with me
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 2,115
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    What's going on? Who do we believe? Is Deadline reliable?

It was the first outlet, in January 2010, that Mendes was in negotiations to direct Skyfall.

It also reported in late 2010 that Skyfall would have a November 2012 release date (which was the U.S. release date *and* the only date initially mentioned in January 2011 press release).

And it was the first to report that Javier Bardem was offered a role .

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/updated-our-final-skyfall-accuracy-checklist-spoilers/

Wow I go offline for a few hours and I miss this! But I'd hope Mendes would put as much effort into it as he can. He has to WANT to do Bond 24 if he's really thinking about coming back. But wow!
    tqb wrote:
    god not Refn, please.
    This. I really don't want him as a Bond director.

From the rumored directors I would take Nolan as he said that he is a Bond fan so I think that he can direct a good Bond movie.

btw theoretically does B24 has a script? If not is it possible B24 to be based of a 007 book ?
    I cannot believe they earnestly considered Refn. That would be one of the most fantastic things that could happen :-). I´d take him any day for a Bond film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, easily over Nolan especially. I'm not a big fan if Nolan!s approach to handle romance and action(fight scenes).
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 6,601
    So both Mendes and Daniel are finished with their current work in January. Both come off theater work, which might not be all that easy but not exhausting like shooting a movie blockbuster. So both could be in good shape to start not too soon after januay. What do you think? Would they decide on a summer/fall shooting to release in summer or even May15?
    Germanlady wrote:
    So both Mendes and Daniel are finished with their current work in January. Both come off theater work, which might not be all that easy but not exhausting like shooting a movie blockbuster. So both could be in good shape to start not too soon after januay. What do you think? Would they decide on a summer/fall shooting to release in summer or even May15?

Using Skyfall as a template: It was announced as being back on in January 2011. Filming didn't begin until 10 months later. Filming was then seven more months. At least a couple of month of post-production followed.

Let's say they announced Bond 24 as a go on Saturday, June 1. That means they'd start filming in early 2014 and they could meet a late 2014 release date. But we're not at that point. You're looking at 2015 at a minimum.

Yes, I know, its most likely gonna be 15. Like I suggested. Question is, whether they could make it a May/summer release in 15.

BUT on the other hand I think, they could and would have been ready for a 14 release had Mendes said Yes right away. Maybe they just went on with things, like making things ready for starting in early 14 for a 14 release. We know, the script has been worked on for quite a while etc etc. With mendes involved with parts of that script and knowing each other so well now, they need less time to get ready. Its a small maybe, but its still there I would think.
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    hmz. Deadline is usually a reliable source... I wonder what the meaning of the other list that circulates is (with the name of that brilliant - caugh caugh - director of Drive). I don't think it is a kind of lever to pull Mendes over the line, because the relationship between Wilson/Brocolli and Mendes seems to be okay. as W and B really want to wait for M - I'm a bit frightened now - it'll take a year longer before we get to see Bond 24. I hope that the talks between W/B and Nolan were about Bond 25. they surely want to deliver a masterpiece and maybe give Nolan a carte blanche. but hey, this is daydreaming. It is possible that Nolans brother writes the script for Bond 25 (perhaps with Logan) before they start filming Bond 24, so Bond 25 can be in cinema's one year after Bond 24. However, this is not very likely. W and B repeatedly indicated that they work film by film. I think it is likely that Mendes will do Bond 24, so it will take a while before we'll see his film. Bond 25 could be directed by Nolan. That would be a nice end to the Craig era.
    I'd be happy if Mendes returned but I hope they don't push the release back for it.

In other words, I'd rather have Bond 24 in 2014 without Mendes than 2015 or 2016 with him.
    But bond 24 has already been announced
    I'd be happy if Mendes returned but I hope they don't push the release back for it.

In other words, I'd rather have Bond 24 in 2014 without Mendes than 2015 or 2016 with him.
    Agreed. :)

• edited May 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Well now multiple sources are saying they heard it from multiple sources that Mendes is pretty much locked in for the film. What this means as far as release date, who knows?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    After Licence to Kill, we'll never see a Bond film released in the summer again. EoN is smart to not try to go up against summer blockbusters.
    Hooper - Once again, maybe not as exciting as either Lee or Refn but I think he would knock it out of the park. He seems like the perfect person to pick up from where Mendes and Skyfall left off.

Inclined to agree. Hooper's name is the one that excites me on the list. He's got the Mendes theatrical background and can handle big productions. I think he could push on from Skyfall plus bring his own sensibility to it.

I'm sure Mendes would make a fine movie but I worry he'll be going over the same ground given he said he put everything he wanted in a Bond film into Skyfall..