SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I'm worried about the "very basic outline" of Bond 24, I was under the impression we were on our way to a draft script? How else are directors supposed to decide if they want to be involved?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    I'm worried about the "very basic outline" of Bond 24, I was under the impression we were on our way to a draft script? How else are directors supposed to decide if they want to be involved?

Considering it is only an interview and no concrete announcement of any kind, I would take everything you are hearing with a grain of salt.
    Yes - I do always remember the caveats surrounding "We understand that...", or "One source told us...". And we know how coy EON are about giving out any significant information!
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 1,021
    my number 1 choice to helm Bond 24 is being hotly tipped to direct that Fifty Shades Of Grey film...

Maybe Babs and Michael can convince him otherwise and get Bond 24 on track for a Nov 2014 release.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joe-wright-joins-fifty-shades-520289
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Wow, I know Karenina was far from a hit but isn't Wright aiming too low?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Apparently the news of Wright directing this is premature as a short list has not even been drawn up yet, as per Deadline.

I strongly believe the helmer of Bond 24 has been working on the film since March and is just not known to us - yet. It will be June/July soon.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Apparently the news of Wright directing this is premature as a short list has not even been drawn up yet, as per Deadline.

I strongly believe the helmer of Bond 24 has been working on the film since March and is just not known to us - yet. It will be June/July soon.

I disagree.

I think the helmer has yet to be found. Personally, Wright is my number 1 choice as well, and the fact that he's circling this tripe makes me very upset. I hope Babs sees this and gets off her arse and hires Wright. He's always said he wants to do a Bond film.

Personally I think the prods are going to go in the Marvel direction and hire a surprising odd auter - similar to the current list of Pirates 5 director candidates.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    In a recent interview Michael looked pretty lost as far as the director search is concerned, and didn't look at all like a man who had found the director of Bond 24. Maybe Dan is doing some work on his end again to see if he can get any past collaborators involved as he did with Sam.
    Well, I think it's Rupert Wyatt and he's been on it since March after dropping out of The Equalizer which he spent seven days with.

If there's no director, no worries, we still have time.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Nowadays, if there was a director, his name would be all over the place IMO. Just because of his/her agent, who would try to benefit as fast as possible from being Bond 24 director's agent (in case EON changes mind a bit later). They are the untold rulers of this business (for instance, Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes had and still have the same agent it seems - they're in the same agent company at least).
    I don't think a director is attached I do think certain directors have been approached Mendes, Boyle, etc and all have backed out...

Personally I think it will be someone we least suspect and will be rumored this month and confirmed in July
    Risico007 wrote:
    I don't think a director is attached I do think certain directors have been approached Mendes, Boyle, etc and all have backed out...

Personally I think it will be someone we least suspect and will be rumored this month and confirmed in July

I disagree.

The lack of release date confirmation to me means that 2014 is slipping away a little more each day.
    Studio tentpoles have to stake their claims early and if you look at Nov 2014 its essentially fully loaded with studio fare. It's almost definite it's coming 2015.

I don't think a 2015 date is set in stone either otherwise why go through the trouble of asking directors now. They have a story, possibly even a first draft, in place so I would imagine they want a fall 2014 release date.
    Let's not forget, Fast & Furious 7 has just had a release date booked for next year. I don't think there's anything to worry about yet. They're filming Bond 24 next year, so maybe going for a Summer 2015 release depending on when they start?

We just need to wait. If we hear nothing by August, then yeah, it's 2015.
    Risico007 wrote:

I disagree.

The lack of release date confirmation to me means that 2014 is slipping away a little more each day.
    Studio tentpoles have to stake their claims early and if you look at Nov 2014 its essentially fully loaded with studio fare. It's almost definite it's coming 2015.

Well I agree with Pirece2Daniel It might be most likely in 2015, I hope so. Up to that 2015. If again another 3 like Quantum of Solace to Skyfall 3 years again this will be the last time I see a James Bond on Big Screen.
    Agent7F wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

I disagree.

Well I agree with Pirece2Daniel It might be most likely in 2015, I hope so. Up to that 2015. If again another 3 like Quantum of Solace to Skyfall 3 years again this will be the last time I see a James Bond on Big Screen.

Oh, for Fleming's sake, don't be so dramatic. The old films were every two years, yet you are getting all worked up over an extra year wait? I would rather wait longer for a great film than wait a shorter amount of time for a stinker. I am pretty sure we all would.
    Why can't we have a GOOD movie every two years?
    Broccoli seemed to manage it.
    Saltzman seemed to manage a good movie EVERY YEAR.
    There can be no excuses: just results.
    I think, they will lie through their teeth until they have it all covered. They may be behind in the planning or right on track. Nobody knows apart from those few. Not the film mags anyway. Certainly with Sam staying, things would be brighter, but who kows, what good that brings. Its not always bad, just because it SEEMS to be at some point. He might be back for 25.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I absolutely hate waiting for Bond films, but if an extra year wait will give us an even better film, why is that a bad thing? Look at Rockstar: they end up delaying almost all of their products, and the final result ends up being an extraordinary game. If they need the time to get things just right, then by all means, take it.

If that's the case, I hope we don't get a massive jump in between 24 and 25, as I don't want Bond to start looking old and weathered again.
    I think, its all about the directors chair being taken or not. Its not, that waiting for that gives us a better film. I believe, WITH a director, they are all set.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, its all about the directors chair being taken or not. Its not, that waiting for that gives us a better film. I believe, WITH a director, they are all set.

This is why Mendes bowing out is a boost for a 2014 release. Its well documented he was knackered by the whole experience and theres no way he would have wanted to start again without a decent break.

I agree with Pierce2Daniel above that no news is bad news concernig a 2014 release.

Then again if Logan has been working on the script since Christmas or before it must be in reasonable shape. Certainly with another 8 months work it will be. We need a director in the next 3 months or 2014 is out of the question.

And for all those who are saying what does it matter an extra year well

1) We have a great actor as Bond so if we go 3 years per film we'll only get 2 more out of him. Doesnt make great commercial sense.
    2) SF and Bond are massive - strike while the irons hot. Again commercially it makes sense.
    3) Call me morbid if you like but I'm worried I'm knocking on and dont really have the time to spare waiting another year. I already reckon I probably only have 10-12 world cups left in my lifetime and at 3 year intervals (or more) that works out only 15-16 more Bond films! At 2 year intervals I get 23-25 so get your fingers out EON.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited May 2013 Posts: 108
    my number 1 choice to helm Bond 24 is being hotly tipped to direct that Fifty Shades Of Grey film...

Maybe Babs and Michael can convince him otherwise and get Bond 24 on track for a Nov 2014 release.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joe-wright-joins-fifty-shades-520289
    Today, several websites revealed Joe Wright will not be directing "Fifty Shades of Grey" due to scheduling issues. As such, he -might- still be in the running for Bond 24:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/joe-wright-drops-out-of-the-race-to-direct-fifty-shades-of-grey-20130513
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MI6-HQ.com just posted this on Facebook.

Cast member: Bond 24 work *may* be starting at the end of this year. Take with a pinch of salt. More later....

I wonder what the full story are?
    Joe wright would be fine
    MrBond wrote:
    MI6-HQ.com just posted this on Facebook.

Cast member: Bond 24 work *may* be starting at the end of this year. Take with a pinch of salt. More later....

I wonder what the full story are?

I saw that. Wonder who the cast member is and if they're returning or new. Guess we'll wait and see
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Still waiting for this news too. :)
    Could it be Ben let something slip at the BAFTAs? He said as much in February.
    if so its May if Wishaw says they are filming next year one would assume this means they are
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks for the heads-up @MI6.
    Why would JW be right? First of all, he has hardly done any movie work and if, not at all anything to do with action.