SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,450
    Olga is now seen in new movie Oblivion with Tom Cruise and Andrea Riseborough (Andrea Riseborough i sugest earlier i like to see as Bond girl. She whas alternate choose of me for playing Miss V see my 007 in New York fanart.)

m-OLGA-620x930c.jpg?8

oblivion-andrea-riseborough.jpg

In September Riseborough whas also seen with Clive Owen in Shadow Dancer. And at same time of Skyfall she won British film award for that movie http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9848545/Andrea-Riseborough-and-Skyfall-scoop-top-prizes-at-British-film-awards.html

Like to see Olga and Andrea both in Bond 24. I am more exited to see Olga/Camile and Jeffrey Wright/Felix to return then Ralph Fienes and Naomi Harris.

258712.jpg

KurylenkoFeature.jpg

142895_1-540x360.jpg

0.jpg
    RIGHT, everybody! Camille, wasn't it?

I'v never been in favour of the character returning. Nevertheless, the past few years have been very kind to Olga Kurylenko. Her English has got much better, and she also looks fantastic now. Did anybody see her on the Graham Norton Show? Daym.

The "good" thing is that because Camille was so forgettable, Kurylenko could convincingly make a return as a much stronger, funnier, attractive character. I think back to Maud Adams, who had a smaller - but equally forgettable - role as Andrea Anders, but made a stunning return as Octopussy. Olga could come back, but she needs to have a decent character who has a proper relationship with Bond and with the audience!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @AgentJM7, I felt that the relationship Camille and Bond had was unique and fantastic, and I would love to see something like that return again. It isn't terribly sexually driven, as they're both motivated by their job and something personal, and the kiss they deliver at the end is a respect type kiss, sort of a "In another life or another time, maybe." kiss. It's great.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @AgentJM7, I felt that the relationship Camille and Bond had was unique and fantastic, and I would love to see something like that return again. It isn't terribly sexually driven, as they're both motivated by their job and something personal, and the kiss they deliver at the end is a respect type kiss, sort of a "In another life or another time, maybe." kiss. It's great.

I also think the kiss is a "thanks for being there for all this" type deal too. Great, great scene.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I also think the kiss is a "thanks for being there for all this" type deal too. Great, great scene.

I'm not denying that there was NO relationship, just that I found it - overall - to be rather wooden. It would have been nice if there could have been space in the film to develop it a bit more!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm not denying that there was NO relationship, just that I found it - overall - to be rather wooden. It would have been nice if there could have been space in the film to develop it a bit more!
    That's why we want her back for Bond 24. And since Olga has really developed as an actress since '08, I say try to get her to return.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Its the only rational explanation.

Fancy using that word in these rather amusing interactions, @TheWizardOfIce. ;-) I appreciate the irony.

Don't worry it's probably not part of his vocabulary anyway but I'm afraid I don't speak 'youth'.

Trust me, even C-3PO wouldn't be able to speak youth and he's fluent in over 6 million forms of communication. Heck, he even speaks Bocce.

But, let us leave Camille out of the series from here on. At least now she's more or less unique in that she didn't sleep with Bond or fell for him. That kiss was more like a thank-you / goodbye kiss. Beyond that, she's no more imposing than, say, Jinx. Personally, I think a better choice would be to develop a great character, like Vesper, with the potential for more than one film, if so desired at least. I'm perfectly fine with a different Bond girl per film.

@DarthDimi, I'd enjoy having a new, great character (like a girl) return more than once. Hell, I absolutely loved Mathis, and they killed him off way too soon.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 23,569
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @DarthDimi, I'd enjoy having a new, great character (like a girl) return more than once. Hell, I absolutely loved Mathis, and they killed him off way too soon.

I have my hopes for Wright's Leiter, @Creasy47! :-)
    @DarthDimi, as do I! Send Bond his way in 'Bond 24' so we can see some more of him. I'd enjoy seeing a bigger role for him, as well.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    142895_1-540x360.jpg

0.jpg

I sure as hell would like to see these guys back.

As for Camille, I would love to see her back too. Since QOS was so underwhelming, it would be nice for Olga to get another chance at making her mark in Bond history.

In my opinion, if there is some sort of plot or character connectivity between Bond 24 and QOS, I think QOS's esteem could rise simply through association (assuming Bond 24 is a good flick).
    Back on topic the fan trailer looks good
    jesper and jeffrey most certainly would like to see return for Bond 24!!!! [-O<
    Yes sure, bring back Camille. She is one of my favourite Bond-girls. One of the few things that makes QoS bearable. It would be quite easy to have Bond re-encounter her in the course of duty, or maybe we could simply reconnect with her in some pts adventure. Or we might even find Bond with her, a la Sylvia Trench in FRWL. ie Bond has managed to reconnect with her, but this time his head isn't full of issues and drama.
    well april was a slow month
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's not over yet. June or July should be better, wait for them.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's the trend sometimes found in Bond movies; using actors and sometimes wasting them and their potential. Anyone seen Olympus has fallen? Rick Yune was infinitely better in that than he was in DAD. I wouldnt mind to see Camille return and get it on with Bond but not to return as the main Bond girl though.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Maybe even kill her off. That would be a good use of a past character to me, I agree @doubleoego.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Risico007 wrote:

What he wants and what we'll get are (I hope) different things.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    A interview with MGW which i think hasn't been up yet.
    The last part about the directors is interesting!

Michael G. Wilson, co-producer of the James Bond movies, spoke to the BBC recently in London about the nature of his job and the particular challenges that arise from being a producer on a highly successful global franchise. In a short piece for the BBC news service, Wilson was interviewed at the Jameson Empire Awards, where Skyfall and its director Sam Mendes had just picked up more well-deserved awards, voted for by readers of the popular Empire magazine, which is currently the UK’s biggest-selling movie magazine. The veteran 007 producer made it very clear that he still thoroughly enjoys his role as producer. He said his job is ‘thrilling, it’s a great job’ and ‘wonderful’. He also praised the crews, writers, cast and everyone involved with the production of the James Bond films, and said that everyone who works on the series ‘is a joy to work with’.

Future of the Franchise

When the BBC interviewer asked Wilson whether he thought Bond will ‘continue forever’, he responded: ‘Well, it’ll continue in some form, maybe not with us, but it’ll always be around’. Quizzed about the current 007 Daniel Craig, the Bond producer was asked whether he could imagine anyone else in the role of James Bond, and he responded: ‘I can’t imagine anyone else right now, that’s for sure – he’s just fantastic’. At another point in the interview, Wilson was asked about the difficulties of maintaining the franchise’s appeal to a younger audience. The EON producer said it had always been ‘a challenge’ and, ‘for 50 years’, they had been trying to keep the series ‘current and exciting’.

Search for New Director Continues

Meanwhile, as many Bond fans know, the EON producers still have the major challenge of finding a new director for Bond 24, which is being scripted by John Logan, after the surprise decision of Sam Mendes not to take up their recent offer to direct Craig’s fourth 007 instalment. Interestingly, when Michael Wilson and his EON co-producer Barbara Broccoli attended the special press evening for John Logan’s new play Peter and Alice in London, the journalist Richard Brooks, who writes for the ‘Culture’ section of the Sunday Times, was able to briefly ask Wilson about this situation. According to Brooks, Wilson said that half a dozen directors have already turned him down: ‘I think we’ll end up with a comparative unknown’, said Wilson. As Brooks noted in the Sunday Times, perhaps one of the reasons why some big names have turned down the opportunity to direct the next instalment of the world’s most successful movie franchise is precisely because Skyfall has been such a critical and commercial success – and Bond 24 is very likely to be compared unfavourably to its predecessor. Some reports have claimed recently that John Logan, who is single-handedly writing the stories for both Bonds 24 and 25, has already shown the EON producers a very basic outline treatment for Bond 24, indicating some of the key likely themes.
    "A comparative unknown" could well be someone who has directed very few films. Interesting. Well found @MrBond, how did that get missed? Thanks!
    I'm curious as to who it might be, and if an unknown will be good at this point.
    Disappointing that so many (probably talented) directors have turned EON down. But they're reasons are very understandable. Whoever gets it I wish the best of luck!
    Unknown....that's exciting. Maybe EON are going to go down the Marvel route and hire a director on the rise and mine their potential.
    I'd love to see Bennett Miller given the keys to the Bond factory. But then again he may be too well known (and too American)

I'd love Steve McQueen (Shame, Hunger) getting to have a go. He'd give Sam Mendes a run for his stakes in the arty stakes.
    Bennett Miller is a guy who I'd LOVE to see helm a Bond film. Moneyball is one of my favorite films of all time
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good find @MrBond, actually hiring a relative unknown yet talented director might be the right way to go. A newcomer has nothing to lose and probably a lot to show. Considering the success of SF any director who manages to bring up a good Bond film next will have a major career boast. Known names might, on the other hand, feel afraid of coming out with a less than stellar outing.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2013 Posts: 11,139
    The double edged sword. Before, for many directors, Bond was kind of beneath them and now Bond's too big. Bah!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited May 2013 Posts: 2,044
    doubleoego wrote:
    The double edged sword. Before, for many directors, Bond was kind of beneath them and now Bond's too big. Bah!

There is always a issue..
    I wonder who turned them down... I mean Ang Lee wanted to direct bond 24 he couldn't be the only one well we should know soon enough I guess