Spectre rumor bin

Comments

Germanlady wrote:

Really hope this is true. If not her then Paloma Faith, another brilliant British singer. Keep it British please Eon!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Not a surprise. It really seems likely the same team will be back for the next two films, if EON have their way, which is great news for me. Thanks GL.
    Although it wouldn't surprise me if it's true, it is the Sun so I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now.
  • CIACIA
    Bond 24, a remake of Live or Let Die that's faithful to the book, with Denzel Washington as Mr. Big. Yay or Nay?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Adele's theme is great, but I prefer someone else take the baton. She is welcome to return in future, however.
    CIA wrote:
    Bond 24, a remake of Live or Let Die that's faithful to the book, with Denzel Washington as Mr. Big. Yay or Nay?
    Wrong thread, mate:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4193/bond-24-wish-list/p18

But to answer your question, I say no to remakes and no to Denzel. I can't explain why, but he just doesn't seem like Bond material.
  • If Adele does return she'd be the first in 007 history to record the theme songs to two consecutive films!
    Well, I always enjoyed different artists having a go at a Bond theme but Adele (also keeping in mind the success of Skyfall) would be a great choice for a second go.

Skyfall was great as a song and perfect for the movie! I still think it's a crime that it wasn't used more in the score...
    I wouldn't object to Adele returning again!
    The only major reason I would object to Adele doing the theme is the same reason that I would object to Sam Mendes returning: they've both done fantastically well in their efforts and have been hugely successful with it.

That isn't to say that either of them have reached their Bond peak - but I think they would need an extended break to be able to build something worthwhile on top of what they've already achieved .
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10843&t=mi6&s=news

Q possibly being out in the field to equip 007?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Risico007 wrote:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10843&t=mi6&s=news

Q possibly being out in the field to equip 007?

At least that's what Whishaw would like! I would like it as well, I always enjoyed seeing Q in location.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Remember Eve's comment about Q bring afraid of flying? I realise there are other forms of transport but I can't imagine Q going too far from MI6.
    QBranch wrote:
    Adele's theme is great, but I prefer someone else take the baton. She is welcome to return in future, however.
    CIA wrote:
    Wrong thread, mate:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4193/bond-24-wish-list/p18

But to answer your question, I say no to remakes and no to Denzel. I can't explain why, but he just doesn't seem like Bond material.

Washington looks nothing like Mr Big from the novel. Way too good looking, he would need to put up a few pounds of muscles.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    His grandad tussled with Connery in Ossato's office.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    doubleoego wrote:

I was just going to post this! A very cool Bond connection to Mr. Johnson.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 3,236
    doubleoego wrote:

I was just going to post this! A very cool Bond connection to Mr. Johnson.

I can already picture Roger Moore arching an eyebrow and saying, "He's hit rock bottom."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Rock's films are a guilty pleasure of mine, but I just don't know how I'd feel with him playing a villain. Would be great seeing him challenge Craig's physicality, though!

Daniel Craig as James Bond in...'Getting Thrown Into Bookcases and Down Stairwells.'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The Rock's films are a guilty pleasure of mine,

Have you watched 'Faster'?

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This is not the first time Mr. Johnson has said this:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=5976&t=mi6&s=news

In 2008, many on the forums thought we could do far worse.
    I would love him for a henchman to be honest
    Risico007 wrote:
    I would love him for a henchman to be honest

I think the scariest henchman in Bond's history which really scared the crap out of me as a child was the one from LALD. The guy with the metal hook on his hand or something like that.

admittedly there would be some similarities between those two
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2013 Posts: 10,512
    The rock in a Bond film...

• edited March 2013 Posts: 2,081
    That reminded me of something I've wondered: How common is it that people who publicly advertise their eagerness to play a character in a Bond movie (Bond, Villain, Woman, or other) actually get to do so?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Brosnan is the only one I think.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,081
    Really? I guess people who actually want to appear on a Bond cast list should keep their mouths shut then - it might improve their chances. :P
  • TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    edited March 2013 Posts: 89
    Get nollan in there.. Bring some dark eneergy to Bond i know the franchise is reddy.

Breaking rumor from Reuters: title confirmed as Nightfire 007 lets adapt the game
    Tuulia wrote:
    Really? I guess people who actually want to appear on a Bond cast list should keep their mouths shut then - it might improve their chances. :P

This^
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 498
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    Breaking rumor from Reuters: title confirmed as Nightfire 007 lets adapt the game

TOFANA007 The most credible source on Mi6 .