The Skyfall DVD/Blu Ray-Out now!

Comments

Pre-ordered the steelbook dvd/br/digital and my fiancee asked why I needed it as I didn't have a BR player she didn't seem to understand that sometime in the future we will have :D
  • The latest Empire mag has got its hold on the bluray and has given a few soundbites from the disc. Apparently the features are a bit middling for their standards but the film got a deserving 5 star review.
    Some interesting titbits ahead of the release from Empire:
    -Apparently Roger Deakins has a humorous story about how Javier Bardem's fake teeth fell out during the helicopter assault
    -Mendes tried hard not to make Bond look like a sex pest in the shower scene (not sure he succeeded) also the Vesper/Bond shower scene was in the filmmakers mind when conceived the Skyfall moment.
    -Mendes is aware of the Home Alone-ness of the finale and jokes about it on the DVD
    -The somewhat controversial Severeine killing and Bond's cold reaction is explained by John Logan: The reason for Bond's coldness is because he's been planning his escape and its at that point that 007 really takes control of the film as he's been on a bit of loosing streak till then.
  • Ordered the scandinavian steelbook version today. It's been more than a month since I last saw SF so can't wait for Feb 18!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Any idea where I can get info on how/when I can get this in Japan?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Any idea where I can get info on how/when I can get this in Japan?

This is all I have found:
    Box-office smash, SKYFALL, will soon be available to own in high-definition, it was announced today by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. SKYFALL will release on Digital HD February 5th across all digital stores including Amazon, CinemaNow, iTunes, PlayStation, VUDU and Xbox Live. The SKYFALL Blu-ray and DVD will follow on February 12th in North America and February 18th in the United Kingdom with additional international markets to follow through March.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99304
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Thanks!! I will check at my local dvd store (with a Japanese friend in tow, interpreting). I am opting to go Blu-Ray for the first time. March it probably is then ... I'll let you all know when I get it. Thanks again. :-bd
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    Just got back from a short trip to Vegas with my better half and lo and behold SKYFALL was on the tele "Pay Per View". No time to watch movies . . .
  • Will skyfall be released on digital download in the UK on the 5th?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jorbri66 wrote:
    Will skyfall be released on digital download in the UK on the 5th?

I do believe so, yes.
  • Will it be available to digitally rent tomorrow? Or just buy?
    jorbri66 wrote:
    Will it be available to digitally rent tomorrow? Or just buy?

This article says it will be available for download on any site you could think of going to, but as for renting, I am not so sure:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99304
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Goldenball wrote:
    Just got back from a short trip to Vegas with my better half and lo and behold SKYFALL was on the tele "Pay Per View". No time to watch movies . . .
    Let's track how it does on the US VOD charts then :) Yes, more lists ! more comparisons ! more heat !

For the moment for the 14/20 Jan week, the list is topped by Taken 2. The demographics is quite different from the attendance of movie theaters. The current #3, still there after one month of availability as a VOD, is... Pitch Perfect !

Taken 2* FOX 01/15/2013
    The Possession* Lionsgate 01/15/2013
    Pitch Perfect* Universal 12/18/2012
    Looper* Sony 12/31/2012
    Hit & Run* Universal 01/08/2013
    House at the End of the Street* Relativity Media 01/08/2013
    Ted* Universal 12/11/2012
    Frankenweenie* Buena Vista 01/08/2013
    Dredd* Lionsgate 01/08/2013
    To Rome With Love* Sony 01/15/2013

If you think these rankings (who doesn't list the number of VOD viewings) are too meaningless, watch out, they're made by the same who make the "standard" box office statistics :)

• Will the special features be ready yo download tomorrow?
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,310
    My Lord it is very difficult seeing Skyfall available on iTunes and not buying it....

I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray.

I'm going to wait.
    SJK91 wrote:
    My Lord it is very difficult seeing Skyfall available on iTunes and not buying it....

I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray. I'm going to wait for the Blu-ray.

I'm going to wait.

for the Blu-ray. :)

001 wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:

I'm going to wait.

for the Blu-ray. :)

Exactly. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Only one week now. I can't wait to get out of classes and rush straight to Wal-Mart to pick it up. Going to free up my schedule for the rest of the day to watch it. Thinking of getting a CR/QoS double feature in before it releases.
    I think it's being released in australia sometime in march. Fcuk. :(
  • Has anyone downloaded it in the UK? Is it available anywhere? :(
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Does anybody know which subtitles are available in the steelbook? I want to give it to someone as a present but I'm unsure. I can't find the information anywhere.
    Sandy wrote:
    Does anybody know which subtitles are available in the steelbook? I want to give it to someone as a present but I'm unsure. I can't find the information anywhere.

I can't find anything either, but that is a very nice gesture you are doing, @Sandy.

We might as well call you Sandy Claus now. :D
    Sandy wrote:

I can't find anything either, but that is a very nice gesture you are doing, @Sandy.

We might as well call you Sandy Claus now. :D

Thanks Brady. Unfortunately the steelbook doesn't seem to be available anymore at amazon.co.uk :( It's available from amazon.de but it's much more expensive besides being German edition, I would guess.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm wondering if it's only going to be $20 when I pick it up at Wal-Mart. Says $25 on the online site, but it's said that for numerous other films - including the recently purchased 'Seven Psychopaths' - and it's been cheaper when I went in to the store to pick it up. Time will tell.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    001 wrote:
    I think it's being released in australia sometime in march. Fcuk. :(

I was thinking of buying it in Aus (despite the inflated price) to support the local industry, but I saw the release date and said "Feck that"
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Promo for the Steelbook version.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    What about a cheap version (blu-ray) with minimal packaging to go into the slot in the Bond 50 boxset? Where's that EON?
  • Just saw a commercial for the DVD release and I couldn't help but squeal a little bit! My birthday is on the 14th, so I've actually had to tell people NOT to buy it for me. Yes, it would save me $ to let a friend buy it, but I knew I'd get about 6 copies if I didn't say anything! (That, and I don't want to wait the extra 2 days. :) )

An interesting note, I can still see Skyfall in at least 6 theatres in the Toronto area, up to and past the DVD release date. Two are in fact showing it up to February 14th!
    coolbyrne wrote:
    Just saw a commercial for the DVD release and I couldn't help but squeal a little bit! My birthday is on the 14th, so I've actually had to tell people NOT to buy it for me. Yes, it would save me $ to let a friend buy it, but I knew I'd get about 6 copies if I didn't say anything! (That, and I don't want to wait the extra 2 days. :) )

An interesting note, I can still see Skyfall in at least 6 theatres in the Toronto area, up to and past the DVD release date. Two are in fact showing it up to February 14th!

My birthday is also on the 14th :D Skyfall will be my belated birthday present (from myself), you reminded me that I should warn some people not to buy me that.
  • RC7RC7
    Check out what I just got my grubby little mitts on...

442de41e705f11e293ab22000a9f1919_7.jpg
    Already @RC7 @-)