The Skyfall DVD/Blu Ray-Out now!

Comments

Hey UK folk, does anyone know the situation with the HMV steelbook pre-orders? I have a feeling that somehow HMV no longer has the exclusive anymore, so any advice?
    TPM007 wrote:
    Hey UK folk, does anyone know the situation with the HMV steelbook pre-orders? I have a feeling that somehow HMV no longer has the exclusive anymore, so any advice?

Not sure? What i do know is that i will not purchase my copies from there? It's too uncertain for me especially if there should be any issues with purchases?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:

Not sure? What i do know is that i will not purchase my copies from there? It's too uncertain for me especially if there should be any issues with purchases?

Of course, problem is, I pre-ordered it before the whole situation happened, and haven't heard a peek from them... Last thing I want is to end up with 2 copies of the thing!
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    edited January 2013 Posts: 370
    The steelbook has turned up on Amazon uk. I pre-ordered it at £14.99, but apparently it was £11.89 when it first appeared. In any case it's my first blu-ray or DVD pre-order in years.

I understand that hmv will be refunding any outstanding pre-orders in the next few days. I'll see if I can find the link.

Edit... Here's the quote "Further to your email, I write to confirm that after an assessment of the Company's financial position, internet orders that have been fully paid for prior to the Company entering into administration will be delivered over the next five working days. Internet orders that have not been paid for will be cancelled and a notification of this cancellation will be sent by e-mail over the next 48 hours."

Source: http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-steelbooks/1706965-skyfall-amazon-co-uk-exclusive-blu-ray-steelbook-16.html
  • Chevron wrote:
    The steelbook has turned up on Amazon uk. I pre-ordered it at £14.99, but apparently it was £11.89 when it first appeared. In any case it's my first blu-ray or DVD pre-order in years.

I understand that hmv will be refunding any outstanding pre-orders in the next few days. I'll see if I can find the link.

Edit... Here's the quote "Further to your email, I write to confirm that after an assessment of the Company's financial position, internet orders that have been fully paid for prior to the Company entering into administration will be delivered over the next five working days. Internet orders that have not been paid for will be cancelled and a notification of this cancellation will be sent by e-mail over the next 48 hours."

Source: http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-steelbooks/1706965-skyfall-amazon-co-uk-exclusive-blu-ray-steelbook-16.html

So am I correct in assuming that the steelbook is only for UK customers? I'm guessing that if I order it from Amazon UK the discs won't play in my North American player due to regional coding.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,461
    @thelordflasheart, for some reason, I had to do a lot of digging, but yes, it isn't Region Free, so your North American player won't be able to play the UK steelbook. I actually debated purchasing the steelbook and just switching the discs with my NA version, but that's too much money.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelordflasheart, for some reason, I had to do a lot of digging, but yes, it isn't Region Free, so your North American player won't be able to play the UK steelbook. I actually debated purchasing the steelbook and just switching the discs with my NA version, but that's too much money.

Thanks for that, although I wish that you were wrong!

@thelordflasheart, you and I both! I just checked Amazon, as well, and it's listed as Region 2/B, which is a real shame. Sometimes Walmart/Best Buy does random steelbooks (Total Recall, Sherlock Holmes, The Dark Knight Rises, etc.), but I haven't seen anything for this, so I suppose it's not going to happen.
  • Oh shoot, I just pre-ordered it without realizing that it's not region-free. Not sure if I should cancel yet. Will it play on my pc with Blu ray drive maybe? I think I will wait to see if there's going to be a US version before I cancel maybe.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Oh shoot, I just pre-ordered it without realizing that it's not region-free. Not sure if I should cancel yet. Will it play on my pc with Blu ray drive maybe? I think I will wait to see if there's going to be a US version before I cancel maybe.

Add a region 2 blue ray player to your order (if that is possible, I don't know).I doubt it will play on your pc.
  • Haha, I think that's a bit too expensive don't you think, and especially for one movie.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 136
    Are any of the other Skyfall steelbooks offered region free?
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Yeah, films these days usually come out on DVD ranging from 3 to 5 months after it's opening release at the cinema.

This is ridiculous. I know the 2 year wait back in the days of VHS was ridiculous but SF is still listed as having 8 screenings today at Odeon Leicester Sq yet in a fortnight I'll be able to by it?
    I suppose we have global internet piracy to thank for such quick releases these days?

That's a good point Wiz. I was reading the local paper today and at the same theater where I saw the one night only Dr. No screening (not trying to rub that in), SF is still showing once a day. Perhaps this is a result of global piracy, but it's also possible that the movie is still just that big and making money too, and I think we all would rather have a robustly healthy franchise than not.
    Are any of the other Skyfall steelbooks offered region free?

Not that I have found, but I've searched. If anyone knows, please let me know. If not, I suppose I have to opt for the regular blu-ray from Walmart. I'd much rather wait another week or two (or however long the wait is) to get a delayed steelbook I could have.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I sincerely hopes that the special features from the BR version finds it's way out on the internet. Because i feel like i really miss something out with the DVD version!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    So will the other releases that aren't the Steelbook still have most of the features as far as behind the scenes stuff and commentaries? PLEASE SAY YES. [-O<

I guess the better question to ask is what will the Steelbook edition have that the other releases won't?
  • So will the other releases that aren't the Steelbook still have most of the features as far as behind the scenes stuff and commentaries? PLEASE SAY YES. [-O<

I guess the better question to ask is what will the Steelbook edition have that the other releases won't?

Most likely just a cool steel case haha, but Im hoping that there will be a US version on steelbook. I just read that Skyfall made close to 1.1 billion in box office, so there's no way there won't be a US steelbook right???? ;0 I guess I'll go ahead and cancel my preorder of the UK steelbook since I can't play it, and just plan on getting the regular version till maybe there's an update with news

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    So will the other releases that aren't the Steelbook still have most of the features as far as behind the scenes stuff and commentaries? PLEASE SAY YES. [-O<

the uk version is exactly the same , the only differences are the cases.
    buy off amazon france and u get 8 art cards
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DCisared wrote:

the uk version is exactly the same , the only differences are the cases.
    buy off amazon france and u get 8 art cards
    That's it? A case and a few cards? Whew, I thought it was serious. #:-S

February 12th, get here fast, baby! Whooooooo hooooooo! \m/
    Yea how the hell do u yanks manage to get SF a whole 6 days before us stiff ass Brits??
    DCisared wrote:
    Yea how the hell do u yanks manage to get SF a whole 6 days before us stiff ass Brits??

Muffy has the early exclusive for us.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

That's the thing with us intelligence , you'll lie down with anybody
    DCisared wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Including you brother, including you.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why some of you are getting so worked up about 6 days. It's really not a big deal. If it was the other way around, i wouldn't lose sleep over it
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

What were you expecting? A load of deleted scenes and steelbook exclusive documentaries? Surely you've seen the bluray box set? EONs policy is why do something special when you can just shunt exactly the same discs that have been out for years onto the fans. Not suddenly going to start banging out luxurious special editions dripping with mouth watering extras are they?
    bondbat007 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Including you brother, including you.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why some of you are getting so worked up about 6 days. It's really not a big deal. If it was the other way around, i wouldn't lose sleep over it

I'm not arsed to be honest , I probably won't stick SF on for a few weeks anyway as I'm currently just over half way with my bondathon at the minute , a view to a kill and then on to the welsh ones :-bd

What were you expecting? A load of deleted scenes and steelbook exclusive documentaries? Surely you've seen the bluray box set? EONs policy is why do something special when you can just shunt exactly the same discs that have been out for years onto the fans. Not suddenly going to start banging out luxurious special editions dripping with mouth watering extras are they?

I expected the Steelbook to maybe have more features than the other releases, that's all. And no, I haven't seen the BR boxset, as I have never spotted them anywhere in my area.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Looks like the Blu-ray SKYFALL Blu-ray is out...

Here some Screens.

http://bit.ly/VAJbcs

xxx
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited February 2013 Posts: 9,117
    DCisared wrote:
    and then on to the welsh ones :-bd

I take it by that you mean the less important Bond films?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

That's a philosophy they applied to making their movies and I sincerely hope to God they don't backslide into such nonsense.
  • DCisared wrote:
    I'm not arsed to be honest , I probably won't stick SF on for a few weeks anyway as I'm currently just over half way with my bondathon at the minute , a view to a kill and then on to the welsh ones :-bd

You're almost at the same place as me, I just finished AVTAK. :) I wanted to get through the rest before Skyfall, but I'm not sure if that's actually going to happen.