The Skyfall DVD/Blu Ray-Out now!

Comments

• My gosh, that's crazy I was going to order it, but they now took it off lol
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,081
    @Sandy and @YouHaveAnOddJob if I were you I'd keep checking. I happened to notice last night that it was available again and made my order right away. I guess they only had a small amount available since it's now unavailable, but they might get further copies to sell later just as well - by people cancelling their pre-orders, for instance.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Tuulia wrote:
    @Sandy and @YouHaveAnOddJob if I were you I'd keep checking. I happened to notice last night that it was available again and made my order right away. I guess they only had a small amount available since it's now unavailable, but they might get further copies to sell later just as well - by people cancelling their pre-orders, for instance.

I asked to be informed when it's available again, let's see.
  • Haha, yeah, I made a preordered it when it was first available, but canceled when I noticed it wasn't region free, now it is region free and no longer available... :P
    Does the disc art for skyfall match the bond 50 set
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Tuulia wrote:

Does this mean that the steelbook will soar in value as a collectors item?

Tuulia wrote:

Seems likely.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7drr/skyfall-blu-ray-and-dvd

The Tv spot, the transition at the end is pretty awesome!
    MrBond wrote:

Yes, it is! :D

• Tuulia wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Yes, it is! :D

I also like that the tag line is 'bring it home' 'cause that's what Bond did in the film :)
    Tuulia wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Seems likely.

So do you reckon its worth buying another one? No one would pay more than £25 for a DVD would they? Even if it is a collectors edition.
  • Tuulia wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Seems likely.

So do you reckon its worth buying another one? No one would pay more than £25 for a DVD would they? Even if it is a collectors edition.

I believe sometimes exclusive collector's item Blu-Ray steelbooks do go for around 100 or more on sites like EBay. Crazy really, but it does happen.
    Tuulia wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Seems likely.

I believe sometimes exclusive collector's item Blu-Ray steelbooks do go for around 100 or more on sites like EBay. Crazy really, but it does happen.

Collectors can be crazy.
    I have no idea if it would worth buying another one. I've never bought any items myself just in order to sell them forward, so I wouldn't know. :)

Tuulia wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Seems likely.

Cheers. I might look what other similar ones are going for on Ebay then. Easy way to quadruple your money.
  • Tuulia wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Seems likely.

Cheers. I might look what other similar ones are going for on Ebay then. Easy way to quadruple your money.

It is indeed, best of luck ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    So, the special features. Can someone put them up on YouTube? ;)
  • Just picked it up along with Taken and Taken 2 on bluray. Will still probably get the steelbook if it is available again, but I wasn't going to hold out for it.
    So get this. So I've gotten a few other Blu Rays this year on their first day on sale. I've gotten all of them at the downtown Chicago Target because it's right by my school. So when I went there for Avengers and Dark Knight Rises they had copies. When I went today, they were completely sold out except for 2 copies in the back. The guy said he'd never seen a Blu Ray sell so fast and that they had more boxes on the way. So keeping in mind this is in the middle of downtown Chicago at one of the largest Target's in the world, I'd say this was a good sign for Blu Ray sales
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I got my copy of Skyfall today. :D
  • I just picked up my copy about 3 hours ago, and I've already watched it! I'm a little disappointed that the DVD quality isn't higher. I was watching it on my HD laptop and I couldn't even read Bond's obituary because it was so grainy. I was also disappointed at how low rent the cover looks. It doesn't even say "Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions Presents Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Skyfall" on the cover. :(

I'll probably be picking up the Blu-ray later this week.

I also picked up Top Gear's 50 years of Bond cars DVD as well. I look forward to watching it again. It will go nicely with my DVDs of Top Gear Seasons 10-18.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Got my copy in the mail today!!! YEAH B-)
  • I went to my local Target at 9:30 this morning and was told by the cashier that I was like the fifth person who had purchased Skyfall already today on bluray. Quite impressive!
    I was also disappointed at how low rent the cover looks. It doesn't even say "Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions Presents Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Skyfall" on the cover.

I agree, the box art it absolutely terrible.....I can't believe that is the best they could come up with. A shame, but a great movie though!
    I was also disappointed at how low rent the cover looks. It doesn't even say "Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions Presents Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Skyfall" on the cover.

I agree, the box art it absolutely terrible.....I can't believe that is the best they could come up with. A shame, but a great movie though!

Not to start a US vs UK war but I do prefer the white US poster to the final poster the UK ended up getting that looks like poor fan art. I say that because that could have been the box art we got. That being said, both are pretty dull
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    bondbat007 wrote:

Not to start a US vs UK war but I do prefer the white US poster to the final poster the UK ended up getting that looks like poor fan art. I say that because that could have been the box art we got. That being said, both are pretty dull

Yes, but even I can make a better cover than Sony/MGM...

skyfalldvdfront.png
    ^ that is brilliant!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just finished watching it, and wow: what wonderful quality. Blu-ray, mixed with some of those shots and Deakins' work just blows my mind.
  • Just wanted to drop in to say I just finished watching my brand new DVD and viewing #3 in the books. Friggin' great film, and my poster will soon be framed and join the original 22 (3 of them are from the actual theater during first run) plus the 50th anniversary poster on the walls of my Bond room. One day I promise I'll post some pics.

I picked up even more on this watch and every time I watch it, the plot holes make more sense. I'll enjoy this one for a long, long time until BOND 24 gets underway :)
    Today I found the DVD at $42 in my country (not US)! Of course I didn't buy it, even if I'm dying to have it. I better order it on Amazon, even if I have to wait a little...