The Skyfall DVD/Blu Ray-Out now!

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's really great to know you can watch all the small documentaries (Shooting Bond) as one, which lasts for an hour. I can't wait to watch it. The commentaries are said to be very good too.

Thanks @The007Swede.
  • Blu-ray is amazing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mendes's commentary is going to be so very insightful! I can't wait to see why he chose to set up shots the way he did, how he worked the lighting with Deakins and how it was behind the scenes or in prep. Paint me excited!
    It's great that we're getting a stacked Blu Ray like this unlike CR and QOS. When EON announced that Sony was returning to partner with them for SF the first thing that went through my mind was "Looks like we'll be getting crap Blu Rays again..." Glad Sony finally learned their lesson. Can't wait!
    I finally have skyfall on blu ray :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dalton12 wrote:
    I finally have skyfall on blu ray :D

Well, what are you doing here, then?! Go watch it, you mad man! You know you want to! ;)
    Very good video @Germanlady. Thanks for the link
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 6,601
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Very good video @Germanlady. Thanks for the link

Good to know :) as I can't watch it at work.
  • I've got my copy of the Steelbook ordered from Amazon.co.uk and see that it is no longer available now in the Steelbook. I hardly ever pre-order but I'm very glad I did on this occasion. This will be my first Bond Blu-ray and I can wait to watch it on HD.
  • It seems that the bluray on Amazon US has now changed to bluray/dvd/digital copy... still $20 :)
  • tqbtqb
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very nice. Only three days left! I'm incredibly excited. I think I'll watch the film and immediately dive into the extras afterwards.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very nice. Only three days left! I'm incredibly excited. I think I'll watch the film and immediately dive into the extras afterwards.

Absabloodyexactly
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    I have yet to preorder mine, but is the steelbook any different than the bluray aside from the case it comes in?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Artemis81 wrote:
    I have yet to preorder mine, but is the steelbook any different than the bluray aside from the case it comes in?

Nope
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    ^ok good. So I won't feel bad just getting the bluray.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    67945_596870070327908_862959209_n.png
    I'll be on campus so I won't be able to get this and see it for a while, likely a day and a week from now. Stupid over-priced education... :-q
  • Pre-Ordered mine today. Getting it on the 14th. SO EXCITED!!!!!
    They had movie mylar looking banners up in Best Buy tonight for the release of this. Asked a sales associate if he had any extra, and he just pulled one out of the spots and let me take it home. Very cool of him. I also picked up a poster (the one they are using for the DVD/blu-ray cover) for free at a local rental place. He also said I can get the character poster (smaller version) that they are using for advertising in Best Buy if I call back after it releases on Tuesday. What a weekend.
    I very anxious to buy the DVD but I'm still waiting for the price to drop a little at Amazon, at least to $12.99.
    Going to Wal-Mart at midnight tonight to pick up a blu-ray copy!
  • Can't wait to go get a copy tomorrow, was hoping we would get the steelbook version here, but whatever, just as good I guess.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 136
    So why does the Amazon UK steelbook now say all regions? Has this been confirmed?
    It also says at the bottom something about no longer being available, but when you click on it to preorder it seems to work, although I didnt go all the way through the process.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00B5W9I5K/mi6thehomeofj-21
    ^^ But I did, and apparently it worked.

I had asked for a notification when the item becomes available and received no such thing, but I've ordered it now, anyway.
  • I was hoping they'd use Komodo Dragon for the menu music. It almost sounds like it was made for a DVD menu.
    Went and bought it at Wal-Mart just a little bit ago. Got the blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy edition for only $18, which was a steal, considering it was tagged as $25.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    So why does the Amazon UK steelbook now say all regions? Has this been confirmed?
    It also says at the bottom something about no longer being available, but when you click on it to preorder it seems to work, although I didnt go all the way through the process.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00B5W9I5K/mi6thehomeofj-21

Damn, not available anymore.