Bond Villain A vs. Bond Villain B (Chang vs. Gettler)

Comments

Dario! The guy is just a loose cannon! I like it! :D
    Gobinda.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Just like the other thread, here's a list of the battles so far before this one gets to 109 pages as well:

Dr. Julius No beats Auric Goldfinger
    Karl Stromberg beats Brad Whitaker
    Dominic Greene beats Georgi Koskov
    Fiona Volpe beats Xenia Onatopp
    General Orlov beats General Ourumov
    Le Chiffre beats Alec Trevelyan
    Dr. Kananga vs. Max Zorin
    Rosa Klebb beats Irma Bunt
    Elliot Carver beats Gustav Graves
    Dario beats Gobinda
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Samuel, you're my hero.
    @Samuel001: Thanks a million! I had no idea you were planning all this work, it really is appreciated, my friend!

As for my vote, I'll go with Gobinda simply because he had more scenes than Dario and we got more out of him during those scenes. I love both henchmen, but Gobinda had more to do and I always enjoy that fight between him and Roger 007 on top of the moving train.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    Darios demise was much more of an effect than the other, one of the most elaborate deaths of the entire franchise. Gobinda falling off the airplane was all a bit banal. Yes he was more of a figure size wise but not that intimidating. Del Toro was great in that capacity, and a great early showing of an actor that went on to bigger and better things
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    So when's the next round, 00Beast?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Dario.

Gobinda was good too but I thought they didn't make enough use of him, and the scene where he crushes the dice in his hand was a bit too much of a blatant rip off of Oddjob crushing the golfball for my liking.

Dario, well, he was just an evil arseh*le.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dario, though it may have to do with Benicio. ;-)
    Dario was one bad @ss! A psychopath loving every minute of it.
    My vote goes to Dario.
  • Mayday v Irma Bunt
  • Irma Bunt, if only because Grace Jones is such a terrible actress.
    irma Bunt, no one could've killed Tracy but her or Blofeld...
    Irma Bunt, if only because Grace Jones is such a terrible actress.

I second this.

Gobinda and Bunt...
    Dario for me!
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 4,762
    We will re-start this thread by beginning a new round! I'll see who won the previous round later. Trust me, I won't leave you in suspense on that one, haha! The winner will be announced soon enough! Until then, I give you..........

Necros vs. Renard

My vote goes to Renard!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Necros for me.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,896
    The only thing I really liked about Renard was the bullet in his brain which made him immune to pain, and his scenes at The Devil's Breath/Silo- whereas Necros was more physical/menacing, had better use of screen time, and his headphones not only made a great garotte- but showcased his excellent taste in music!

Necros > Renard
  • Necros. He's Red Grant for the 1980's. Plus, his fight with the MI6 Agent in the safehouse kitchen is on par with a fight involving Bond. Anybody else liked that fight? As for Renard... he's just like Niall Dunne in Carte Blanche: a willing slave for the woman he loves. His main weakness is his strength as well, and that is Elektra King. Suppose Elektra got inot trouble, boom! There goes his weakness. Necros on the other hand will just kill you for fun. His name says it all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't know... In the Stonor House scene alone Necros shows how brutal he is. So I will go with him and his imposing presence, and make the bet that he would win head to head in a fight against Renard...

...Just as long as Renard doesn't have shoes on...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,896
    Necros fight with the MI6 Agent in the safehouse kitchen is on par with a fight involving Bond. Anybody else liked that fight?
    Necros vs. Green 4 is one of the very best fight scenes in the franchise. Brutal and messy, very realistic except for how the headphones magically play music as the victim is choked! Must be an atmospheric anomaly!
  • QBranch wrote:
    Necros fight with the MI6 Agent in the safehouse kitchen is on par with a fight involving Bond. Anybody else liked that fight?
    Necros vs. Green 4 is one of the very best fight scenes in the franchise. Brutal and messy, very realistic except for how the headphones magically play music as the victim is choked! Must be an atmospheric anomaly!

LOL, it's like Green 4's life was being summarized into a song by the Pretenders :))
    Necros for sure. Renard could have been a far more interesting villain, and I feel more sorry for Robert Carlyle every time I re-watch TWINE.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Necros easily

Carlyle puts in a good performance as Renard and perhaps acts more (I like the scene with him and M in the cell) but hardly ever shows off any ruthlessness.

Necros's infiltration of the Mi6 country house and the fight with Green 4 really show how powerful a force he is.
  • Necros Although Renard is pretty badass too.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Necros was a better villain. Renard had potential and a far more interestic dynamic as a character but was woefully wasted.
    Necros vs. Renard
  • Definitely Necros for me. His battle against Bond is one of the more entertaining battles in the series. His battle in the MI6 base as well is extremely fun to watch, and Bond isn't even involved!