007 Legends Announced

Comments

• oo7oo7
    there isnt even an opening where he is fliped out from. why are they going with the db5, surely the dbs has been modeled for bloodstone and its merely the same models ported over for this game so why use this one now.
    unless they are withholding the ppk and db5 because of some plot points of skyfall. though the more one thinks about this...is the new q boothroyd, how can dench's m be the same m from goldeneye if shes the new m there, is he getting his ppk for the first time and the modded dbs for the first time....again....
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    oo7 wrote:
    there isnt even an opening where he is fliped out from. why are they going with the db5, surely the dbs has been modeled for bloodstone and its merely the same models ported over for this game so why use this one now.
    unless they are withholding the ppk and db5 because of some plot points of skyfall. though the more one thinks about this...is the new q boothroyd, how can dench's m be the same m from goldeneye if shes the new m there, is he getting his ppk for the first time and the modded dbs for the first time....again....

Assuming a DBS is built like the Vanquish, it will have a Sunroof similar to Die Another Day's ejector seat.
  • oo7oo7
    Murdock wrote:
    oo7 wrote:

Assuming a DBS is built like the Vanquish, it will have a Sunroof similar to Die Another Day's ejector seat.

no I looked back at the trailer.they have the animation but they do not have the opening. so he passed through the roof.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    oo7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    oo7 wrote:

no I looked back at the trailer.they have the animation but they do not have the opening. so he passed through the roof.
    Ironically enough, one of their glitch issues may cause that anyway. :))
    My question is when are we going to get some multiplayer footage, or at the very least, basic information?!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @BritishChap007, I wasn't too thrilled with RE6 after playing the demo for it. I'd really like to be excited for and want this game, but it just looks nowhere near a $60 purchase for me.

I really hate that Resident Evil is getting away from scary and going more for action. I miss the old days where your hair stood up if you played with the lights off.
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @BritishChap007, I wasn't too thrilled with RE6 after playing the demo for it. I'd really like to be excited for and want this game, but it just looks nowhere near a $60 purchase for me.

I really hate that Resident Evil is getting away from scary and going more for action. I miss the old days where your hair stood up if you played with the lights off.

Everything After Resident 4 sucked. If Capcom didn't Port RE4 to the PS2 like the creator of RE wished, then he wouldn't have left Capcom. Smooth Move Ex-Lax!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 127
    Amazingly, I get very little lag on GE:R, my problem is that there's nobody f*cking playing it. Battlefield Bad Company is four years old, people are still playing that at all hours of the day. The Wii version of GE is two years old, and there are still people playing. On Reloaded, I have to wait, sometimes, an hour or longer just for one damn person to join the game!

Maby they have fixed the lag now then, but when it first came out it was terrible. Everyone was complaining about it. It wasnt completly laggy, but it didnt feel right. It seemed to stutter when moving and it felt cluncky if you know what i mean. Hope they fix it with 007 legends.

Thankfuly, i got all the achievements on the game early.

Nope still as laggy and choppy as ever. Movement never felt right. It wasn't smooth at all and felt like you jerked a bit. I played on XBOX from day 1 until about a months ago and there are still a few lobbies going on in TC or Conflict from about 10am to 1am EST. If you jump in a lobby that is pretty empty just jump out and back in a few times and you'll get into a decent lobby. The problem with Reloaded is that is was so dumb at putting people in the same lobby and instead had 2-3 people in like 4 different lobbies. You can also find some Golden Gun lobbies during the early to late afternoon but there is usually only about 6-7 players. But obviously really really dead. And most lobbies have Shotgun/MJR spammers or guys who use the double kill spawn glitch. Also if you are from Australia you can not play online multiplayer.

• oo7oo7
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Amazingly, I get very little lag on GE:R, my problem is that there's nobody f*cking playing it. Battlefield Bad Company is four years old, people are still playing that at all hours of the day. The Wii version of GE is two years old, and there are still people playing. On Reloaded, I have to wait, sometimes, an hour or longer just for one damn person to join the game!

Maby they have fixed the lag now then, but when it first came out it was terrible. Everyone was complaining about it. It wasnt completly laggy, but it didnt feel right. It seemed to stutter when moving and it felt cluncky if you know what i mean. Hope they fix it with 007 legends.

Thankfuly, i got all the achievements on the game early.

Nope still as laggy and choppy as ever. Movement never felt right. It wasn'ty smooth at all and felt like you jerked a bit. I played on XBOX from day 1 until about a months ago and there are still a few lobbies going on in TC or Conflict from about 10am to 1am EST. If you jump in a lobby that is pretty empty just jump out and back in a few times and you'll get into a decent lobby. The problem with Reloaded is that is was so dumb at putting people in the same lobby and instead had 2-3 people in like 4 different lobbies. You can also find some Golden Gun lobbies during the early to late afternoon but there is usually only about 6-7 players. But obviously really really dead. And most lobbies have Shotgun/MJR spammers or guys who use the double kill spawn glitch. Also if you are from Australia you can not play online multiplayer.

i would assume multiplayer is the same as goldeneye. doubt we will see much more now. no doubt some sort of embargo effort will spring forth to block the game getting reviewed and the main advertising is prob connected to throwing a experience trailer up before the film.
    Murdock wrote:
    Let's discuss theoretical multiplayer wishes...

All classic villains playable.

Some levels.
    Atlantis
    Dr. No's Reactor
    Liparis
    Volcano Lair
    Osato Chemicals Building.
    Zorin's Mine
    Eco Hotel
    Air Raid (Twine N64 level, effin loved it!)

Boom go!

Well if you look at the achievement list it gives away 3 multiplayer maps Main Vault, Smelting Room, and Loading Bay.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I fear that this game is going to come and go with haste, just like quite a few do these days, so it makes MP achievements a rare thing to achieve on such a title.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Why not? it could be a great idea, if they also, in the anniversary's game, take some of the modes from other past Bond games just like NF, EoN and FRWL.

Because its Activision, they don't care what the fans want! (I was more referring to the inclusion of bots rather than specific game modes)

I'm really harsh on Activision I know, so I would love it if 007 Legends proves me wrong!

Oh, you got that right. They just want money.

Activision actually doesn't makes our underestimation go away after a game. The best games they had was Vigilante 8 ONLY.
    COD has been f**king up the FPS world since MW2.
    Only game that deserves full play worth was QoS, the best until now. Blood Stone had better story and a GOOD gameplay.

Unfortunately i think she won't prove you're wrong.

Activison are greedy $%$* they just keep reusing the same engine since MW2 for all their games and lets not forget that because when they cowered to Nintendo to prevent the re-release of the original Goldeneye 64 on XBLA and Virtual Market though much of the blame goes to the Japan head of Nintendo for preventing the release :"(
  • Yes goldeneye reloaded was very jerky. It wasnt like online lag, it was just a jerky type of game. All the controls felt unatural. I just hope they fix it with 007 legends, but my hopes are not that high. Still go to buy it though, just becuase i feel i need to complete evey bond game to 1000g lol.
  • 002 wrote:
    and lets not forget that because when they cowered to Nintendo to prevent the re-release of the original Goldeneye 64 on XBLA and Virtual Market though much of the blame goes to the Japan head of Nintendo for preventing the release :"(

I wish they had released the original GE. I discovered yesterday Duke Nukem 3D was on the Xbox Marketplace, I bought it straight away and it was so much faster and smoother than my N64 version. It's a shame they never did that with GE.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    I know, i looked at some screenhots of the updated goldeneye 64, it looked amazing. But a disagrement with rare stopped it.

Do you think it would be cool to update some ps1 classics. Or even a ps2 game, like from russia with love. I would like another sean connery video game.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Credits

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Is that the whole credits? YAWN. (:|
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The was short and not very sweet. Not bad though, thanks for this early look.
  • So an instrumental of GF was the best they could come up with?
    bondboy007 wrote:
    So an instrumental of GF was the best they could come up with?

My thoughts exactly! :-q
    Hopefully, the start of each mission will have a respective musical title sequence.
  • Not sure if that was the whole thing, but it was fairly solid. Wish all the themes were represented, but I definately enjoyed it.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    edited October 2012 Posts: 37
    Murdock wrote:
    Hopefully, the start of each mission will have a respective musical title sequence.

I doubt that, but so far so good :D

• edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    So, since they mentioned pretty much every returning actor but him, I guess Davi isn't voicing Sanchez?
  • oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3042/tracking-bonds-future#Item_17
    with less than two weeks left throw your ideas or findings for the next Bond game outing.
    I would ask you if you are not happy with the creative decisions, content, engine, concept then discuss how you would rather it be taken on the Bond's future board.

007 Legends

Platform: Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360

Rating:

Content descriptors: Blood, Drug Reference, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence

Other:
    Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U)

Rating summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of James Bond as he relives missions from classic Bond films. As players pursue international criminals/terrorists, they engage in missions that involve gathering intelligence, planting explosives, and commandeering armed vehicles. Bond uses pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles, and rocket launchers to kill enemies and destroy targets; some attacks are accompanied by slow-motion effects. Players can also use stealth takedowns (e.g., knocking characters out, slamming their heads against objects) to defeat enemies from behind. Red blood splashes appear when enemies are shot, and brief on-screen blood effects occur when Bond takes damage. In one mission, there are references to drugs and cocaine (e.g., “. . . [W]e're not just small time drug dealers anymore . . . From the poppy fields of Afghanistan, to the cocaine processing facilities in Columbia . . .”). A handful of scenes contain suggestive imagery (e.g., a gold-painted woman in a bikini lying face-down on a bed; ice sculptures of female angels embracing in a suggestive pose); two female characters have somewhat suggestive names (e.g., P*ssy Galore and Dr. Goodhead). The words “a*s,” “damn,” and “hell” can be heard in the dialogue.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That credits sequence just plain sucked. And why was just about the only musical cue Goldfinger, the crappiest song by the crappiest artist?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    Exclusive_MAIN2_UNLOCK_gold_IdOPe.png
    new image realeased and btw in the beggining i tought that title sequence was gonna be great but they only show gf, dad, and ltk??
  • im actually quite excited now... but i think sylanders giants is my first pick-up
    I thought the intro (I don't think it was the full one though) was pretty cool, especially the visuals. The only problem I had with it was that it didn't have any vocals.

It seems that some people insist on hating this game. Putting the length into perspective:

007 Legends-1:10
    Goldeneye Remake-1:45
    Blood Stone-1:45
    Quantum of Solace-2:40
    From Russia With Love-1:15
    Everything or Nothing-1:15
    007 Nightfire-0:50

Clearly the trend for the videos games isn't using 4 min intros like the movies. Yeah, the Legends intro is shorter those in all of the other Activision games, but its the same or longer length than those in the EA titles.
    SPECTRE wrote:
    I thought the intro (I don't think it was the full one though) was pretty cool, especially the visuals. The only problem I had with it was that it didn't have any vocals.

It seems that some people insist on hating this game. Putting the length into perspective:

007 Legends-1:10
    Goldeneye Remake-1:45
    Blood Stone-1:45
    Quantum of Solace-2:40
    From Russia With Love-1:15
    Everything or Nothing-1:15
    007 Nightfire-0:50

Clearly the trend for the videos games isn't using 4 min intros like the movies. Yeah, the Legends intro is shorter those in all of the other Activision games, but its the same or longer length than those in the EA titles.

That ( hopefully) means more game.