007 Legends Announced

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 151
    Ill be buying this next friday when its out over here..i really hope it surprises me and ends up being a good game.Are they still holding back on that multiplayer footage?
  • This has had one of the worst marketing campaigns for Bond ever.

It's not going to get any TV spots or anything like big games have, so it has to do most of it's advertising through the internet.

But instead of doing what they did with Goldeneye 2011 and releasing gameplay videos, etc, they've just released a trailer for each film and... well, that's it really, just a few trailers.
  • Lets just hope that they ar enot showing much of the game so it can be a nice suprise. rather than not showing us because its crap ? lol if its better than goldeneye reloaded, im in.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's not going to get any TV spots or anything like big games have, so it has to do most of it's advertising through the internet.

I never saw any TV spots for GE:Reloaded until after it came out, and the majority I saw during Christmas time. The same'll happen with Legends.
    But instead of doing what they did with Goldeneye 2011 and releasing gameplay videos, etc, they've just released a trailer for each film and... well, that's it really, just a few trailers.

Actually, I don't think this is that much of a problem. We already know it's running on a slightly modified version of the GE:R engine, which was a slightly modified version of the GE2010 engine, which was a slightly modified version of the Dead Space Extraction engine (which was a slightly modified version of the Commodore 64;)), so we already know the basics of the gameplay. Sure, we don't know how the gadgets work, but I bet they'll only be available in certain situations. The only things we really need to see are the areas, which the trailers do show us, and the characters and story, which we're also getting with the trailers.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Lets just hope that they ar enot showing much of the game so it can be a nice suprise. rather than not showing us because its crap ? lol if its better than goldeneye reloaded, im in.

Even COD's better than that game.
    Only few more days.

The graphics look really really mediocore but I hope that this game will be interesting and will have some fun leveles,interesting game modes and stuff to unlock in-game
    ZHalfter wrote:
    563946_442010762503192_1539347863_n.jpg
    BLOFELD!!!!!

This just got me pumped!! YES! They've brought back the special abilities to the villains! Thank heavens! Was this found on the website? Are there others of these that show the other villains and their abilities?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    They changed Holly Goodhead at the last minute...
    318920_442465882457680_2115125883_n.jpg
    -sigh.-
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    -sigh.-
    What the hell? I guess it isn't just Jinx after all. :(

Wow I wondered what happened. I know Lois wasn't doing the voice but obviously her likeness was being used...hmmm

Maybe they merged the look of their characters? :I
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Maybe they merged the look of their characters? :I

Maybe they are only using the character models of most of the characters who's original actors/actresses are actually voicing them in the game?
    Looks like white Halle Berry...
    SharkBait wrote:
    Looks like white Halle Berry...
    She looks exactly like Leslie Hope who played Jack Bauer's wife in Season 1 of 24.
    leslie_hope_small.jpg
  • What. On. Earth?

Isn't Lois listed in the credits sequence?
  • @Agent007391 The problem with not posting any gameplay or anything is, not many people will actually know there's a new Bond game.

Everyone knew Max Payne 3 was coming out because it had tons of TV spots and posters, everybody knows Assassins Creed 3 is coming out because they're showing adverts for it at the cinema, etc.

007 Legends doesn't have that now and so the internet is it's best bet for advertising. When Bloodstone cae out I didn't even know it was coming, it was just there in the shop one day.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    007 Legends IGN Launch Event
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    @Agent007391 The problem with not posting any gameplay or anything is, not many people will actually know there's a new Bond game.

Yeah, but quite a bit of the planet either has the internet, has a friend who has the internet, or can go somewhere where there is the internet, and with not only the amount of posts on this thread, but the few videos posted, a quick Google search for "Bond games" should probably lead them in the right direction.

Now, if you're in the same boat as me, and Google wants to be a b*tch (it does not like my laptop in any way), there's always Wikipedia.
    Everyone knew Max Payne 3 was coming out because it had tons of TV spots and posters, everybody knows Assassins Creed 3 is coming out because they're showing adverts for it at the cinema, etc.

I learned of both games by looking up their respective series, and in the case of Max Payne 3, I felt the advertisements lied. They all, to me, made the game look absolutely nothing like the previous installments, when the game was just like them. I read reviews that complained about the absolute lack of bullet time, or Max Payne's traditional voice-overs, when both were still in the game. As far as AC3 goes, I've purposefully not seen anything for that, because I prefer to experience the series in order, and I've not yet played Revelations.
    007 Legends doesn't have that now and so the internet is it's best bet for advertising. When Bloodstone came out I didn't even know it was coming, it was just there in the shop one day.

As I said before, the internet is not some squandered treasure that only a few can enjoy (unless you live in the Middle East or certain parts of Asia), and anybody who truly wants to look can. I never saw any TV spots for MGS: Peace Walker, the MGS HD Collection, Resident Evil 5, any Syphon Filter game, or really anything other than a COD game or a sports game. (I did however see one Blood Stone TV spot, which was mainly just cobbled together from the first mission.) As far as video games go, the internet is pretty much the only way to actually learn about them.
  • I think i will enjoy it more than goldeney relloaded for two reasons. One, it has xp system to upgrade gadgets, and secondly , it offers levels out of bond films we havent had it a game before. Looks promising. Lets hope its decent at least.

Either way, its something to keep my busy untill skyfall is out. It is going to come so QUICK!!
  • Murdock wrote:
    -sigh.-

I think they used the wrong picture, and this is actually Jinx. Not sure though

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    That looks like Jinx to me too! Maybe 'Jinx' from the game was actually Holly Goodhead?
    Jinx looks nothing like that:
    007-Legends-Jinx-Die-Another-Day.jpg
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Maybe 'Jinx' from the game was actually Holly Goodhead?

Didn't they send a tweet out though saying that they'd taken creative liberties (changing her skin colour) with Jinx?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Jinx looks nothing like that:

They've changed her character model. That was my thinking.
    From some of the pics I've seen, Jinx has a few different hair styles. ^ That pic above is down black hair, but in the pic where she's attached to the Table with Zao standing next to her she has a 60's style bob with brown hair. So maybe Jinx wears wigs to change her appearance Ala Jennifer Garner's Alias?
    Murdock wrote:
    From some of the pics I've seen, Jinx has a few different hair styles. ^ That pic above is down black hair, but in the pic where she's attached to the Table with Zao standing next to her she has a 60's style bob with brown hair. So maybe Jinx wears wigs to change her appearance Ala Jennifer Garner's Alias?

What? I haven't seen this picture. Could you please post it?
    edited October 2012 Posts: 7,854

Y'know, now may be a good time to ask when, in DAD, did Jinx steal Graves' "briefcase" and return it to Bond's room in the ice palace? What the hell, guys? What the actual hell?!

And why the f*ck is code from The Matrix scrolling down the screen?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    And why the f*ck is code from The Matrix scrolling down the screen?

The point is, how the Computer briefcase can have so bad vertexes and low-res textures?
    Murdock wrote:
    -sigh.-

3595-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg
    002 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    -sigh.-

3595-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

My thought every day of my life.