007 Legends Announced

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    @bondbat007, you just said Activision don't have a big budget, but tell me how do they earn millions just selling the COD MW series?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    @bondbat007, you just said Activision don't have a big budget, but tell me how do they earn millions just selling the COD MW series?

I'm saying they didn't give Eurocom a big budget for Bond games so Eurocom's doing the best they can with what they have
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    bondbat007 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I'm saying they didn't give Eurocom a big budget for Bond games so Eurocom's doing the best they can with what they have

Oh. So selfishes ain't them? Then they'll start to complain later about the bad sellings of the game and won't know why.
    It would be quite funny seeing if that bullet proof face can withstand a RPG.
  • With all the money they make from COD alone, I think Activision could afford a bigger budget, they just don't want to bother.
    With all the money they make from COD alone, I think Activision could afford a bigger budget, they just don't want to bother.

And why would they? Bond games have yet to prove themselves sellable in their minds. But on the other hand, you've got to spend money to make money.
    Still waiting on that multiplayer trailer, or footage, or even at the very least, just some character listings and maps please!
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    With all the money they make from COD alone, I think Activision could afford a bigger budget, they just don't want to bother.

And why would they? Bond games have yet to prove themselves sellable in their minds. But on the other hand, you've got to spend money to make money.

Exactly, they're not sellable because they're not putting enough money, time and effort into them.

Look at GE, considered one of the best games of all time. If Activision gave the studio more time and money, and if they put lots of effort in and didn't make it a COD clone, we could get a great game that more people would play.
  • oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    I was looking again at the preorder bonus in the shop today. dont know if this bond suit and ppk are for single player or multiplayer. they have really been so coy or vague about talking on these things.

edit
    Bonus!

More details
    Pre-order James Bond: 007 Legends and receive the 007 Pack!
    Exclusive Weapon: Walther PPK Pistol: Playable in Single Player and multiplayer modes
    Exclusive Skin: James Bond (Spec Ops) character outfit: Playable in split screen multiplayer mode
    Early Gadget Unlock: Fast Switch: Day 1 Access to Fast Switch Gadget which increases weapon swap speed by 50%

so the gun is only available if you preorder or buy the dlc post release. the skin seems to be only available on split screen.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If I had to make some guesses as to the multiplayer aspects, this is what I'd say:

Maps (based on what we've seen in the trailers thus far)

-Auric Enterprises in Switzerland
    -Fort Knox
    -Piz Gloria
    -Drax's space station
    -Sanchez's drug lab
    -Graves' Ice Palace

Playable Characters (again, from what we've seen in trailers and other information)

-James Bond
    -Felix Leiter
    -Miss Galore
    -Tracy
    -Holly Goodhead
    -Pam Bouvier (probably comes with a .44 Magnum from the looks of the trailer)
    -Jinx
    -Auric Goldfinger (might come with his golden revolver like in GE:R)
    -Oddjob (has to come with his hat throw)
    -Mr. Ling
    -Ernst Stavro Blofeld
    -Hugo Drax (might come with the laser gun)
    -Jaws (we know about the special no-headshot rule)
    -Franz Sanchez (might come with a machete or an Uzi, possibly?)
    -Gustav Graves (we know about the electricity suit attack)
    -Zao
    -Miranda Frost

I'd like to see a type of Top Agent mode, as in what was available in 007 Nightfire, where you attempt to be the last player standing. Along with this, in order to allow for modes like this to be more enjoyable, I hope they bring back the AI Bots. With modern game's newer advances, the bot system for multiplayer could be absolutely incredible! I can just imagine having all of these bots here split into hero and villain teams in a top agent, last player standing on each team type of match. Man, that'd be somethin' else!
    Exclusive_MAIN3_UNLOCK_gold_GFGHH.png
    new image...ok graphics
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ZHalfter wrote:
    Exclusive_MAIN3_UNLOCK_gold_GFGHH.png
    new image...ok graphics

I wonder how many potatoes it took to run this engine.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635

Not even a half.
    The stop signs are even blurry. And has Pussy always been cross-eyed?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The stop signs are even blurry. And has Pussy always been cross-eyed?

That roll in the hay really rocked her world I guess. She can't even see straight... :-\"
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Not even a half.

I'd hate to find out how many the Box Art took then.

Mr Lonsdale looks well and is as charming as ever.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    007 Legends Launch Party!

Bit of a annoying vidio though. I want gameplay!!! Doesnt realy show much and the women talking, i find iritating. Th egame must be rubish if there not showing any proper gameplay at all. its out in a week. !!!!
  • New interview:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/Alan_Danzis/2012/10/10/007_legends_videogame_producer_relive_?ref_src=news_rss
    Having Daniel throughout also helps tie the narrative together into one cohesive piece; to dispel a myth that the name “James Bond” and “007” is just a code name given to MI6’s top agent, there is only ever one Bond and Daniel Craig is today’s Bond.

Amen.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Now we learn we can't play Skyfall until the 10th at the earliest. Oh well, things could be worse. Great interview, mind! Thanks.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    007-legends-rear-explosion-licence-to-kill.jpg
    007-legends-on-lookout-goldfinger.jpg
    007-legends-car-chase-die-another-day.jpg
    WHAT CAR IS ZAO DRIVING!?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    563946_442010762503192_1539347863_n.jpg
    BLOFELD!!!!!
    Hey anyone who wants the spacesuit skin to unlock in game for 007 Legends the code is : astr0b0y (0=zero)
    When is this game coming out?
    ZHalfter wrote:
    007-legends-on-lookout-goldfinger.jpg

Auric Goldfinger Enterprises mine?

The graphics are hilariously mediocre. =))
    The graphics are hilariously mediocre. =))

Well now i guess you guys know what i was talking about 3, 4 or 5 pages Ago.
  • Although they're not great, the graphics don't bother me. I enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever even though it looked like a ps2 game.

What bothers me is that it seems like not much effort or respect has gone into this. There's basically no story, it's been churned out in a year, gameplay wise it's a generic COD clone, etc.