007 Legends Announced

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I spoke to someone from Activision today, actually. I think Bond fans will be happy.

You spoke to someone who helped make the game, and they are reassuring you? What a surprise. I'm a big Bond fan, and am heavily displeased with what I've seen thus far.

You're not the only one.
  • If it turns out like Goldeneye Reloaded, it wont be very good. The engine wasnt great, the visuals meh, and the online was shockingly bad will online lag.
    Look...we haven't seen one lick of actual non interrupted gameplay and no word on multiplayer whatsoever except the fact that it's up to 12 people instead of 16. Like I've said before, at this time last year with Reloaded we had several walkthrough diaries plus a multiplayer trailer. It just doesn't sound good to me right now...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Amazingly, I get very little lag on GE:R, my problem is that there's nobody f*cking playing it. Battlefield Bad Company is four years old, people are still playing that at all hours of the day. The Wii version of GE is two years old, and there are still people playing. On Reloaded, I have to wait, sometimes, an hour or longer just for one damn person to join the game!
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    Look...we haven't seen one lick of actual non interrupted gameplay and no word on multiplayer whatsoever except the fact that it's up to 12 people instead of 16. Like I've said before, at this time last year with Reloaded we had several walkthrough diaries plus a multiplayer trailer. It just doesn't sound good to me right now...

I totaly aggree with what you say. I was thinking about that aswell. No developer diaries, only trailers. Also 5 missions doesnt sound that long. I hope they have a few levels in each of them. Not just 5 levels. lol
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    Amazingly, I get very little lag on GE:R, my problem is that there's nobody f*cking playing it. Battlefield Bad Company is four years old, people are still playing that at all hours of the day. The Wii version of GE is two years old, and there are still people playing. On Reloaded, I have to wait, sometimes, an hour or longer just for one damn person to join the game!

Maby they have fixed the lag now then, but when it first came out it was terrible. Everyone was complaining about it. It wasnt completly laggy, but it didnt feel right. It seemed to stutter when moving and it felt cluncky if you know what i mean. Hope they fix it with 007 legends.

Thankfuly, i got all the achievements on the game early.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

That's because These activision games ain't too famous for multiplayer, also they think that the CODs are better.

'Battlefield Bad Company is four years old, people are still playing that at all hours of the day.'

Do you see 007: Nightfire? If you install it, patch it, and make the updates, you can see that there are many servers that are almost full every week.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Here's how I think the levels will play out. I'm not sure what order the films will be in so I'm just going with the order of the trailers.

Tutorial Short SF PTS level. Small shootout in the market to introduce the gunplay, bike chase to introduce driving, fighting the guy on the train to introduce the hand to hand combat (which is probably "press the button that pops up on screen).

Moonraker Maybe a level at the glass factory or Drax's mansion and a driving mission with the boat (in the amazon, not in venice, they'd take that out), a level in the rain forest on foot, level at Drax's base, final mission is the battle in space.

OHMSS From the looks of things it's all at Piz Gloria. Maybe a mission sneaking around, a mission escaping there, the ski chase and the final battle.

Licence To Kill I'm honestly not sure. The PTS could be a mission, so could the bit where Bond ruins Sanchez's shipment and steals all the money. What I am sure of is there will be a fight in Sanchez's lab, a driving mission with a short shooting bit on top of the tankers, and a final crap fight with a machete wielding Sanchez where it's "press the button on screen"

Die Another Day I don't think they'll leave Iceland. Level at the party, driving mission, another level at the Ice Palace, final bit on the plane.

Goldfinger A bit in Switzerland where you break into the compound, have a driving mission, and then the Fort Knox battle.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here's how I think the levels will play out. I'm not sure what order the films will be in so I'm just going with the order of the trailers.

Tutorial Short SF PTS level. Small shootout in the market to introduce the gunplay, bike chase to introduce driving, fighting the guy on the train to introduce the hand to hand combat (which is probably "press the button that pops up on screen).

Moonraker Maybe a level at the glass factory or Drax's mansion and a driving mission with the boat (in the amazon, not in venice, they'd take that out), a level in the rain forest on foot, level at Drax's base, final mission is the battle in space.

OHMSS From the looks of things it's all at Piz Gloria. Maybe a mission sneaking around, a mission escaping there, the ski chase and the final battle.

Licence To Kill I'm honestly not sure. The PTS could be a mission, so could the bit where Bond ruins Sanchez's shipment and steals all the money. What I am sure of is there will be a fight in Sanchez's lab, a driving mission with a short shooting bit on top of the tankers, and a final crap fight with a machete wielding Sanchez where it's "press the button on screen"

Die Another Day I don't think they'll leave Iceland. Level at the party, driving mission, another level at the Ice Palace, final bit on the plane.

Goldfinger A bit in Switzerland where you break into the compound, have a driving mission, and then the Fort Knox battle.

Don't forget for GF the stupid button mashing fights with Oddjob and then Goldfinger himself, which will close out the mission.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    I dont know wht they didnt keep with the cod engine. QoS worked so well online. I enjoyed it for a movie game. Its just so strange why they dont have developer diary. They must be hiding something.
    It has actually been said that each mission has several levels. Let's hope we get longer than a 6 hour campaign. I'll give Eurocom credit for making Goldeneye's campaign nice and long
  • I spoke to someone from Activision today, actually. I think Bond fans will be happy.

Speak to Activision and let them know that most fans are disappointed with the box art of "007: Legends". It's the worst Bond game cover art ever!!

It's looks like made by a fan.

A five years old child could make it better in MS-Paint!!

:(
  • A3qkRupCIAEsFQT.png
    HELLS YES!!
    Already got the code!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ZHalfter wrote:
    A3qkRupCIAEsFQT.png
    HELLS YES!!
    Already got the code!
    Hmmmmm, I think I'll make that my halloween costume this year! ^_^

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondbat007 wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's a reason we have yet to see any actual gameplay thus far...

• Murdock wrote:
    ZHalfter wrote:
    A3qkRupCIAEsFQT.png
    HELLS YES!!
    Already got the code!
    Hmmmmm, I think I'll make that my halloween costume this year! ^_^

haha nice Murdock
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm confident this will be available for all at some point down the line, so I'm going to wait.
  • In Nightfire you got the space suit by doing well in the story mode. Ah the good old days.
    In Nightfire you got the space suit by doing well in the story mode. Ah the good old days.

AMEN!
    00Beast wrote:
    In Nightfire you got the space suit by doing well in the story mode. Ah the good old days.

AMEN!

x2.

Great old days you didn't need to buy the game before to get a prize. That's just sillyness to get more selling; All we had to do was buy the game, beat it, complete it, and get the extras.

The best Gaming system ever. And not that 'buy now, prizes later'.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yes, that was the right way to release games, but now that the DLC system has come into play, we'll keep seeing "buy the game now, buy the extras later, then you'll have paid $100 for a game that was $60 to begin with.

Though, if there's anything good to be said about Eurocom, all the DLC for GE:Reloaded (the Pussy Galore and Emilio Largo skins) were free, and we already know that the Skyfall DLC is free, so there's a little bit of hope.
    Skyfall's Free?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Skyfall's Free?

This was announced long ago, and many of us have mentioned it before.

And, hey, send me your money, I could use it. :P
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Skyfall's Free?

This was announced long ago, and many of us have mentioned it before.

And, hey, send me your money, I could use it. :P

lol i didn't notice it actually.

Nah, i actually don't have money *Troll Face*
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's a reason we have yet to see any actual gameplay thus far...
    This is the equivalent of a film not being shown in front of critics before its release. And we all know what that means...
    :-q
    Creasy47 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

This is the equivalent of a film not being shown in front of critics before its release. And we all know what that means...

That may be the case if they actually read the bad views of the Bond fans, or game Bond fans. So, they see it as a "Dang, they're not liking it... let's not make gameplay so they think the game is fine".

So, you only want to see it if the critics say it's good? I never rely on critics. I track the film's progress using the internet, and decide whether I want to see it based on trailers (or actors, as was the case with The Avengers; I just knew with that circle of actors, that film would be awesome; the trailers only made it seem more so).

I'm not going to say that I've seen a good film that wasn't pre-screened by critics (though, I thought the Resident Evil films were okay, and I don't think any of those were screened by critics), but you can't always believe what they say.

So, you only want to see it if the critics say it's good? I never rely on critics. I track the film's progress using the internet, and decide whether I want to see it based on trailers (or actors, as was the case with The Avengers; I just knew with that circle of actors, that film would be awesome; the trailers only made it seem more so).

I'm not going to say that I've seen a good film that wasn't pre-screened by critics (though, I thought the Resident Evil films were okay, and I don't think any of those were screened by critics), but you can't always believe what they say.

That's not what I am saying. It is just common of a studio that knows they are peddling a bad film (a la Ghost Rider 2) to avoid showing it to critics because of the embarrassment they know is coming. I am in no way validating or calling out critics either way.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Although the SF DLC will be free, it won't be available to anyone without XBL/PSN, so a good portion of people will end up missing out on it.
  • They should've just released the game later (it's not gonna make tons of money anyway is it), and put SF in the game.