Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,341
    a-ha The Living Daylights - MTV Unplugged

Just found this by accident, never knew it existed.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I enjoyed that, good arrangement. I like the harpsichord, and the instrumental break with the guitar, the vibraphone and the guy strumming the string instrument.

Auditorium looks nice too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,341
    Very underrated track, I think there not great working relationship with JB may overshadow there contribution.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Love it:

Wholly amazing these expressions of Bond music exist and endure. Unbelievable greatness.
    This is great. Still wish they would occasionally tackle tracks not on the albums.
    vzok wrote: »
    Love it:

Wholly amazing these expressions of Bond music exist and endure. Unbelievable greatness.
    This is great. Still wish they would occasionally tackle tracks not on the albums.

I wonder if it's a rights thing.
    vzok wrote: »
    Love it:

I wonder if it's a rights thing.

Probably. Maybe harder to transcribe.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited January 2022 Posts: 45,489
    None other Bond song gets played so much on the radio.
    None other Bond song gets played so much on the radio.

For good reason :)
    Like clockwork at this time of the day, something new from Q The Music.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Nice to see a cover of this.

Murdock wrote: »

Excellent I wish there was an expanded Moonraker score, not sure if there is one available.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 6,724
    Murdock wrote: »

Excellent I wish there was an expanded Moonraker score, not sure if there is one available.

Well, there is this. And there's more on the same channel.

---

Because of the Q The Music Show cover, I was listening to Hip's Trip. The end (when Bond escapes from the boat) is really cool. There are a lot of things going on, but it's very enjoyable:

-A descending string/woodwind phrase that is repeated three times on progressively lower octaves.
    -"Machine gun" brass harmonies that are played in a pattern of six sixteenth notes, followed by a pause, followed by five more sixteenth notes, the first of which is omitted by the trumpets.
    -Woodwinds and brass playing rising sixteenth note phrases which move up the E melodic minor scale, and which are heard at the same time as the machine gun brass harmonies, much like the typical descending phrases at the very beginning of the gunbarrel music.
    -Harmonies heard in the form of sustained notes, and played on brass in the first half of each bar.
    -Harp glissandos.
    -Bass drum hits.

And what chord is this section built on? E minor major 9th. Yes, the typical Bond chord, the one played on guitar at the end of the Bond theme.
    This one turned out great.

Rich has been knocking it out of the park with his Bond arrangements. \m/
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Just stumbled across this on YouTube, quite a nice but in places different Bond themes medley arrangement by the WDR (Western German Radio) orchestra:

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Another Way to Die on Double J Australia right now!
    Fine reconstruction with some added bits.

edited March 2022 Posts: 23,341
    Tosca

Brilliant
    edited March 2022 Posts: 23,341

I need to go to one of these shows, I love Zimmer Live and now he has Bond in his locker.
    OHMSS
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,341
    A View to a Kill Live

That opening awesome!!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A View to a Kill Live

That opening awesome!!!

Very cool seeing the Roger gunbarrel there.
    A View to a Kill Live

That opening awesome!!!

Very cool seeing the Roger gunbarrel there.

First time I have seen this, I really liked it. Its such an honor I think for artists to contribute to the world of Bond. They are immortalised.
    Skyfall

Dolby Atmos, this sounds great.

Goodnight Goodnight
    Quantum of Solace End Credits

I love this film, Arnold was on fire. I wish this track was on the movie score.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Me too. Love the film and of course, the stellar score by David Arnold. Sure this track is great. A nice variation of Inside Man.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Me too. Love the film and of course, the stellar score by David Arnold. Sure this track is great. A nice variation of Inside Man.

I am watching LTK now I tend to gravitate toward the more gritty Bond's. QoS is the last great Bond film for me.