Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Quantum of Solace End Credits

I love this film, Arnold was on fire. I wish this track was on the movie score.

Me too. Love the film and of course, the stellar score by David Arnold. Sure this track is great. A nice variation of Inside Man.

I am watching LTK now I tend to gravitate toward the more gritty Bond's. QoS is the last great Bond film for me.

I couldn't agree more. QoS was the last time Bond focused entirely on his mission with all seriousness.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Me too. Love the film and of course, the stellar score by David Arnold. Sure this track is great. A nice variation of Inside Man.

I am watching LTK now I tend to gravitate toward the more gritty Bond's. QoS is the last great Bond film for me.

I couldn't agree more. QoS was the last time Bond focused entirely on his mission with all seriousness.

Just watched QoS the ending was intense, everytime I am like wow that was good.

I don't mind outlandish Bond if the film commits to that. Bond films that set out to be serious then tonal shif abruptly to stupid irritate me 😂 A few of the latter DC films do that.

I don't mind outlandish Bond if the film commits to that. Bond films that set out to be serious then tonal shif abruptly to stupid irritate me 😂 A few of the latter DC films do that.

Yeah. QoS' ending was pretty intense.

Sure, I too love the glitzy side of Bond films and like you rightfully said, stay on the road of the style. The tonal shift is the issue I have with NTTD, but I'm happy Craig delivered as usual :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Sure, I too love the glitzy side of Bond films and like you rightfully said, stay on the road of the style. The tonal shift is the issue I have with NTTD, but I'm happy Craig delivered as usual :)

NTTD pre title sequence was amazing, I felt the rest of the film a mixed bag. I was not a fan of the Mendes films. With a total reset I am really not sure what we will get next with Bond, though a reset is needed.

NTTD pre title sequence was amazing, I felt the rest of the film a mixed bag. I was not a fan of the Mendes films. With a total reset I am really not sure what we will get next with Bond, though a reset is needed.

Yeah. It's really needed.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Same. I do really like SF, SP and NTTD, but 'great'? That's QOS.
    The gritty realism for me anyway really suited DC, as much as I like the pre title sequence in NTTD when Bond is strangling Primo it takes me out of the scene for a moment. The CR and QoS Bond does not let Primo walk away.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,390
    The Safe House theme from SPECTRE.

This soundtrack is now included in my favorites.

I liked the soundtracks made by Newman for SPECTRE, the Safe House was probably my favorite, 2nd would be the 'Careless' soundtrack.
    The Snow Chase Theme was also good.
    Thomas Newman was great.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,390

* I accidentally posted my draft here, so it became a double post, so I've edited it and moved the video here instead. :)
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Newman is good but where he fails (imo its a pretty big one) is the lack of main theme song inclusion in both SP and SF respectively (aside from a single perfunctory inclusion in each, SP moreso).

Watching Goldfinger on the big screen the other day reminded me how effortlessly Barry integrated the song into the wider score. It was amazing through cinema speakers.

It is missed today. Even Zimmer didnt go full on with NTTD and thats a missed opportunity too, though at least it appears more than in the TN soundtracks.

That complaint aside, I do like the Newman scores, even if I wish they had more main theme in them.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Still one of the best renditions of the Bond theme. My favorite part starts at 1:29. The urgent marimba phrase like a ticking clock, going in crescendo. The vamp on multiple octaves, with violins on top, and harp and probably violas at the bottom. The silky strings. The quirky trumpets. Just perfect.
    edited May 2022 Posts: 6,721
    The gunbarrel sounds friggin' great here (starts at 0:09).

More cowbell!

Another @JimmyGerdin masterpiece.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Another Way to Die on Double J Australia right now!
    Again. Coming up in a minute.
    edited June 2022 Posts: 23,327
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The gunbarrel sounds friggin' great here (starts at 0:09).

Only just got round to listening to this, Its great got a real sinister edge.
    More cowbell!

One of many tracks that need to be on the Soundtrack album.
    A Drop in the Ocean

Still one of my favorite scores.
    Ride to Atlantis
    Tresspassers will be eaten

What a track this is.

What a track this is.
    One of my favorites of the score, especially the second half.

---

Fantastic:

Another Gerdin piece. These are musical collages of the highest quality.

edited June 2022 Posts: 23,327

What a track this is.

---

Fantastic:

This really is good.

Wow I love how the track shifted. There are some really incredible themes and music cues in DAF. Its one of my most listened to Bond scores.
    Thunderball - Rejected Title Music - Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

What a track this is.

---

Fantastic:

This really is good.

Wow I love how the track shifted. There are some really incredible themes and music cues in DAF. Its one of my most listened to Bond scores.
    The more I listen to the scores, the more things I find to enjoy in them and the harder it is to place one above the other. But in the dawn of my appreciation of Bond music, DAF was king alongside AVTAK.

Thunderball - Rejected Title Music - Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    The intro is so long but who cares when it's that awesome!

This song is pure sex. None of the others is quite like this.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited June 2022 Posts: 4,554
    This one ("Someone Usually Dies") came up on shuffle, in my car today. Love this track.

TripAces wrote: »
    This one ("Someone Usually Dies") came up on shuffle, in my car today. Love this track.

I enjoy the whole track, but particularly that two-chord idea at 0:05 and 1:24, and the dead-sounding trumpets at 1:37 ("when you leave, they're going to kill you").
    Can't get enough of the theme at 1:31. It's fifty seconds of brilliance, especially when the flutes and the brass are playing together. The piece could go on forever as far as I'm concerned. The cranked up vibraphone reverb makes it sound like you're underwater, or floating above the sky. I love it when music strikes an emotional tone like this. It's not happy, sad or suspenseful, but an ethereal in-between.

If the other tracks in the upcoming Bond 25 album are as good as this one, we are in for a treat. Looking forward to October. If no else steps up I might create a thread to discuss the album.

edited July 2022 Posts: 6,721
    Pretty cool theme by David Arnold for a 2019 N.Peal commercial.

Favorite part: 1:20 to 1:30. A bit of OHMSS there in the piano, as well.

Pretty cool theme by David Arnold for a 2019 N.Peal commercial.

Agreed! Awesome track by Arnold! YOLT & QoS feel in it. That's Capaule in Space & Night at the Opera. YOLT is one of Arnold's favourite Bond films, so it's no surprise.