The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,044
    I don't think this has been linked before. But it is Nokias trailer for the movie! A lots of new clips in there!

Wow.
    I don´t know what to say. I´m so hyped I think I´m gonna have a heart attack when the film finally hits theaters.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can't bring myself to watch these. Must go in fresh.
  • 'Mr.Wayne'....spine chilling. And the soundtrack sounds awesome.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote:
    Bale seems to have gotten thinner in each subsequent bat movie.

I think that might be intentional, considering that Bruce Wayne is in a declining physical/mental/psychological state and the fact that it's been 8 years since the last time he's been Batman.

Odd as I would have thought such a situation would have Bruce put on weight (letting himself go a little).
    Like...... Diamonds Are Forever? B-) I went there.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 5,767
    doubleoego wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Bale seems to have gotten thinner in each subsequent bat movie.

I think that might be intentional, considering that Bruce Wayne is in a declining physical/mental/psychological state and the fact that it's been 8 years since the last time he's been Batman.

Odd as I would have thought such a situation would have Bruce put on weight (letting himself go a little).
    Different people, different metabolisms ;-) .
    Besides, just because he´s not been Batman for a time Bruce Wayne still could be fond of sports. Or he could have taken to eating less.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,480
    Yet another TV spot:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92039

I surmise this is the same TV spot I recently posted (http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-rises-tv-spot-catwoman-longrumored-character-confirmed/), but it confirms a long-rumored character. I haven't watched any trailers, TV spots, or read any spoilers/plot details in the last month or so. I don't plan on it; I want all the material to be fresh to me. So, if you care to find out who the character is, click away.
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,068
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqlPgRMmS9U?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqlPgRMmS9U?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    could be a look at what we missed with game wise. still there is time to announce and show a game off before the DVD release in the run up to Christmas?

EDIT
    pebPA.jpg
    Game demos? could we see the first look at the tie in film game at comic con?
    yay! The swedish tickets have finally been released! Cinemaclubmembers can buy them today and ordinary mortals this friday. My friends wasnt awake when they were released so I just bought 1 ticket for myself for the pre-screening on the 24th (the day before the official swedish premier). I guess thats all for the good either way, my friends hate when I stay behind during the credits and "take in" movies hehe, now they dont have to wait :P
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Who said anything about a TDKR tie in game? For what systems?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 268
    Who said anything about a TDKR tie in game? For what systems?

It's gonna be an open world game for iOS and android phones. Info and gameplay trailer here: http://batman-news.com/2012/06/13/the-dark-knight-rises-mobile-game-coming-soon-ios-android-video/
    Can't wait for the tie in game. any idea on release date?
  • According to Screen Rant, the film runs 164 minutes and 100 of those will be action sequences.
    #TDKRgivesmeabonerbutnotinaweirdwaybutlikeinthebestintheepicseriesway
    From what I have seen there will likely be a fight all across Gotham for the latter half of the film. I just hope that it is contained and doesn't simply become an action fest in the sacrifice of drama.
  • No, I don't think it will. The action will be nessesary, Nolan isn't goingto pull a Michael Bay, he's much more appreciative of good cinema than more of the other blockbuster directors.
    I'm thorougly excited to see how Tom Hardy does, poopy part is he'll have heavy comparisons to Ledger.
    No, I don't think it will. The action will be nessesary, Nolan isn't goingto pull a Michael Bay, he's much more appreciative of good cinema than more of the other blockbuster directors.
    I'm thorougly excited to see how Tom Hardy does, poopy part is he'll have heavy comparisons to Ledger.

Yeah, but it's common sense. Joker and Bane are two completely different characters.
    Another cameo set for the film, in the form of Vermont senator Patrick Leahy, who was already in 'The Dark Knight':
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/vermont-senator-patrick-leahy-set-for-cameo-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

NO idea if that post contains spoilers, so enter at your own risk.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,767
    poopy part is he'll have heavy comparisons to Ledger.
    I´ve got a feeling that TDKR will be as different from TDK as the latter was from BB, so a direct comparison doesn´t force itself upon the audience.
    And as epic as Ledger´s Joker was, Hardy is more than on par acting-wise. The only thing that could pull it down would be the script, and I doubt they were sloppy there. Plus, Hardy looks like a cross between the Humungus from The Road Warrior and Darth Vader. How much better can it get :-) ?

• I'm suspecting the storytelling structure will be more of a mix between the first two films, considering this one is set to have flashbacks, versus TDK's straightforward story.
    Joker was a man who just wants chaos to erupt, and showed that men like Dent could be turned into someone like him. Along the way, he played the chips as they fell without much direct motive driving him other than to inflict hysteria. Bane seems to have a strong motive here, and seems terroristic as well, and looks to take Gotham hostage at his control. What I love about TDK is how we get a Joker
    who wants Batman dead, but as the film goes on he sees that Batman is just too good of a challenge after the weak mobsters that he has dealt with, and Batman has his rules engraved into him by the death of his parents, so neither kill each other. The push and pull there is the very definition of Batman and Joker's relationship, and shown perfectly in TDK.
    It will be interesting to see what Selina's part in all TDKR has to offer will be.
    Just checked out the close-up photos-- trying to decide if Batman's suit is the same one from TDK. I'm leaning towards yes
    From what I have seen of the TDKR, it is indeed the same.
    New IMAX poster is awesome:

611943987.jpg?key=9001333&Expires=1341549430&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=xrOCYel2HgS9sdYYGekT-iquT5Sel4q9GmqJyMawkPT~DF3ZqWyVHGNSj4qZnClImQt0XnWLQvHAbjpN9sDURowkl5JZcAnnW1N3n-fBA782afWavJTrTh9tZVBMwU0qSCEuKaRqJJglLISzaN1lwauvETjwVB8Q~~IWEGUAJKE_
    I can't see it...
    Question mark in a box! Awsome!!
    Virage wrote:
    Question mark in a box! Awsome!!
    Yes, I know Nolan has tried to keep the film's plot under wraps, but this is taking it to another level!
    Just checked out the close-up photos-- trying to decide if Batman's suit is the same one from TDK. I'm leaning towards yes

I read a Lyndy Hemmings interview somewhere (can't remember where) that confirmed that there was no change to the Bat Suit is exactly the same as TDK as all the changes that were required were done for that.
    She also commented that the only thing she wasn't happy with was the boots :)