The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Leave it to Q Branch to come through!
    I had included comics and games on the list, before re-reading the question!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    In the 1999 compilation The Best of Bond ...James Bond, both the back cover and the booklet list GoldenEye as being 4:46 long, but it's actually 3:30. This is the version I own, released in Europe and South America:

R-1079891-1382453834-2697.jpeg.jpg

Does anyone else own this album and if so, how long is that GoldenEye track in your copy?

There is also a US/Canada version with a different cover.

R-3375044-1543338622-9055.jpeg.jpg

I don't know if this other version actually includes the 4:46 version of GoldenEye, but I suppose it's posible. The back cover says so but it's no guarantee.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @mattjoes , I also own that album (the European version ) and just checked. It is listed as 4.46, but is actually just 3.30 as you say.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    According to Wikipedia, Lea Seydoux’s full name is Léa Hélène Seydoux-Fornier de Clausonne.

So, is there an actor in the Bond series who comes close to, or exceeds, her name in terms of length?
    Thanks for confirming, @Thunderfinger. For whatever reason I didn't notice this discrepancy until this week, despite owning the album for some twenty years. As far as I can tell it's not even mentioned on websites like Discogs. Perhaps they were planning on including the longer version of the song, but later decided upon the shorter version and the track list on the packaging was never changed.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2021 Posts: 14,980
    Mallory wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia, Lea Seydoux’s full name is Léa Hélène Seydoux-Fornier de Clausonne.

So, is there an actor in the Bond series who comes close to, or exceeds, her name in terms of length?

I guess it's not entirely just his name, but the Minister of Defence was played in Tomorrow Never Dies by Julian Alexander Kitchener-Fellowes, Baron Fellowes of West Stafford :) (Also known as The Right Honourable The Lord Fellowes of West Stafford)
    I've got a question, in 1971 they made a Bond film, Diamonds Are Forever, but there appears to have been a mistake where they forgot to make the film any good. Any explanation as to the discrepancy?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Coming close: Ana Celia de Armas Caso
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming, @Thunderfinger. For whatever reason I didn't notice this discrepancy until this week, despite owning the album for some twenty years. As far as I can tell it's not even mentioned on websites like Discogs. Perhaps they were planning on including the longer version of the song, but later decided upon the shorter version and the track list on the packaging was never changed.

Same here. Bought it when it came out, but never noticed that until you brought it up now. We should go back to the store and ask for a refund.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Quite interesting that that cover uses both the 90s and 80s 007 logos.

Same here. Bought it when it came out, but never noticed that until you brought it up now. We should go back to the store and ask for a refund.
    Haha! Unfortunately, the store where I bought it went broke.

Yeah, same.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering

very close but no cigar

Ralph Nathaniel Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes
  • Hi all
    I've always wondered after watching CR, where did Bond learn to sail?
    Does anyone know?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm tempted to say 'the sea' ;) but I guess he was in the Navy and I'm pretty sure that is part of the training: I've seen Naval cadets sailing down at Dartmouth.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,060
    shakenx700 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I've always wondered after watching CR, where did Bond learn to sail?
    Does anyone know?

He probably learned during his time in the Navy.
    leas_mole wrote: »

very close but no cigar

Ralph Nathaniel Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes

Thats amazing! 😅
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh that is marvellous, I didn't know that :D
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Watched Moonraker for the first time in a very long time yesterday. This may be more speculation than a normal question, but wouldn't Bond just have left Drax alone if he didn't instruct Chang to attack him?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Heh! Possibly, although I guess he would have gone snooping for a safe regardless.

I always think that if Carver hadn't had Bond beaten up in the recording studio in TND then Bond may not have been onto him quite so soon.
    It might be nice just for once for Bond to investigate a massive company and for it to turn out that it's not actually the CEO that's behind its evil-doing - after all just because Zorin Industries have done some bad things there's nothing to say that Mr Zorin himself actually knows about them: big companies work that way! :)
    mtm wrote: »
    Heh! Possibly, although I guess he would have gone snooping for a safe regardless.

I always think that if Carver hadn't had Bond beaten up in the recording studio in TND then Bond may not have been onto him quite so soon.
    It might be nice just for once for Bond to investigate a massive company and for it to turn out that it's not actually the CEO that's behind its evil-doing - after all just because Zorin Industries have done some bad things there's nothing to say that Mr Zorin himself actually knows about them: big companies work that way! :)

My favourite example of this is Beverly Hills Cop, where Axel Foley doesn't suspect Victor Maitland at all until Maitland suddenly has his goons THROW FOLEY THROUGH A GODDAMNED WINDOW :)) :)) :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

My favourite example of this is Beverly Hills Cop, where Axel Foley doesn't suspect Victor Maitland at all until Maitland suddenly has his goons THROW FOLEY THROUGH A GODDAMNED WINDOW :)) :)) :))

He got thrown out of a window, man!!

FYEO used that as a plot point, remember ?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't think anyone who works for Columbo is involved, they just pretend to.
  • mattjoes wrote: »

Yeah, same.

Probably because they kept shortchanging people on the lengths of the songs they sold.

Yeah, same.

Probably because they kept shortchanging people on the lengths of the songs they sold.

The nerve of these people.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    No Time to Die has a 45 day theatrical window, right? Is that 45 days for a regional release, so for the US October 8 or whatever, or 45 days from the world premiere?
  • Are they still reproducing OST for old Bond movies in CD format?

Is there still a chance for me to complete all James Bond movies OST?

I already own OSTs from TWINE to Spectre (NTTD otw) ^_^
    Yes and yes. Look on Amazon.
  • Just checked Amazon. Most Bond themes only have Used copies and some have New but so expensive copies.

I should wait for the reproduced version to get the normal price of new copy, right?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Is it made clear in YOLT that Kissy and Bond's marriage is fake?