Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't get the hype that How I Met Your Mother gets. The premise is just weak as we just toddle on knowing that the "mother" won't be revealed until the writers run out of ideas for the show, which is apparent even now. I have not laughed yet.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've only seen the first three season now, but I think it's funny, not the greatest, but funny. My least favorite people are Ted and Robin which are practacally the main characters on the show. I watch it mostly for Barney, then Marshell and Lily.
    Barney is definetly the best character on the show, he's a legend. I like How I Met Your Mother but I don't think it's the funniest show in the world (it is funny though).

Anyway, just watched an episode from one of my South Park DVDs, the dacning with the smurfs one. Still hilarious.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Having picked up the Ace Adventures boxset recently, I sat down for a double-bill of the 7th Doctor.

Dragonfire
    The Happiness Patrol

With THP, I think the Earl character should have been kept on as another companion. He played a mean Harmonica.
    Right now my TV viewing schedual consists of watching the 5thgame season of Mad Men on AMC, the 2ndthe season of Game of Throwns on HBO, series 18 of Top Gear on BBC America, and I'm in the midst of re-watching all three seasons on Archer on my comutor via iTunes.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Having picked up the Ace Adventures boxset recently, I sat down for a double-bill of the 7th Doctor.

Dragonfire
    The Happiness Patrol

With THP, I think the Earl character should have been kept on as another companion. He played a mean Harmonica.

Is Dragon Fire the one on the ice planet where the annoying ginger girl leaves? (haven't watched the 7th doctor since I was a kid).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Dragonfire
    The Happiness Patrol

Is Dragon Fire the one on the ice planet where the annoying ginger girl leaves? (haven't watched the 7th doctor since I was a kid).

Mel, that's the one. Not the best example of the McCoy era, but I can find something to like about all of them.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Logan's Run: The Pilot

Fun opening to a classic sci-fi/adventure TV series that deserved to run longer than it did.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Anybody see Tales From Television Centre on BBC4 Thursday night? Believe it was repeated earlier tonight too. Awesome, awesome slice of nostalgia from the Beeb... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01h266w/Tales_of_Television_Centre/
    currently working my way through the second series of the original V from way back in 1985! Gosh it takes me back to an 11 year old! And i still love those Red Visitor uniforms! ;)) Classic show!
    St_George wrote:
    Anybody see Tales From Television Centre on BBC4 Thursday night? Believe it was repeated earlier tonight too. Awesome, awesome slice of nostalgia from the Beeb... :)

Yes, very interesting. Also, Brian Blessed is a legend, but I can't imagine him climbing that colum.

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    St_George wrote:

Yes, very interesting. Also, Brian Blessed is a legend, but I can't imagine him climbing that colum.

Well, he was a much younger man back in his Z-Cars days when presumably he would have done. Quite frankly, he's such a nutcase (delightfully so), it's just the sort of antic I'd expect he'd have got up to back in the day... ;)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    St_George wrote:

Actually it's BRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAANNNNN BBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!

Check out his amazing Tv Tropes page:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/SelfDemonstrating/Ptitleijqobqvle9an?from=SelfDemonstrating.BrianBlessed
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    St_George wrote:
    St_George wrote:

Well, he was a much younger man back in his Z-Cars days when presumably he would have done. Quite frankly, he's such a nutcase (delightfully so), it's just the sort of antic I'd expect he'd have got up to back in the day... ;)

That's the problem, I just can't pictue him ever being able to climb it. Even in his younger days, I picture him as larger than life (both in size and character). He's got too much energy for one personality.
  • Season finale for NCIS season 9 amazing and sad.......wont give anything more away!
    The series finale of House. It is a rarity to get a show like this, with such complex a lead and supporting cast of characters, with so many different manners of the human condition. House as a character has always been one of my favorites, and means so much to me along with Wilson and the fantastic cast come and gone. I never thought it would end, and my eyes are still welling after the tears, and I haven't been this moved by a finale for a long time. Thanks for everything, House. :((
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Caught up with the season finale of Hawaii Five 0 from last week. One of the best shows out there, alongside The Mentalist.
  • It so sad another great show leave the air (house) and replaced by crappy shows/reality shows
    The footy show afl.Australia
    Shane crawford was brave riding that bull.
    I just watched the NCIS season 9 finale, and what a damn horrible decision that was. First I watch an hour long build up to House's series finale, watch that, get emotionally wrecked, them soften up for more pummeling with NCIS. This isn't the best time for me right now, and the last thing I need is my favorite shows trying and succeeding to depress me. :((
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 660
    I just watched the NCIS season 9 finale, and what a damn horrible decision that was. First I watch an hour long build up to House's series finale, watch that, get emotionally wrecked, them soften up for more pummeling with NCIS. This isn't the best time for me right now, and the last thing I need is my favorite shows trying and succeeding to depress me. :((

actually
    Ducky is alive as David signed a new TWO YEAR Contract for season 10 and 11 and yes the producer/showrunner confirmed it And yes it was sad but no he did NOT DIE

actually
    Ducky is alive as David signed a new TWO YEAR Contract for season 10 and 11 and yes the producer/showrunner confirmed it And yes it was sad but no he did NOT DIE
    I heard about that, but things can change. I am more worried about what went down in DC. If Tony, Ziva, McGee, or Abby die I will be absolutely brokenhearted. Obviously Gibbs will live, but I am not sure where the writers and producers will go from here. At the start of the episode I was certain that Vance would die, then I thought poor Jimmy would rush to DC and get caught near the bomb and die, and he still could've made it in the building as the bomb went off. I just don't know. I can't imagine the show without any of them.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 660

actually
    I heard about that, but things can change. I am more worried about what went down in DC. If Tony, Ziva, McGee, or Abby die I will be absolutely brokenhearted. Obviously Gibbs will live, but I am not sure where the writers and producers will go from here. At the start of the episode I was certain that Vance would die, then I thought poor Jimmy would rush to DC and get caught near the bomb and die, and he still could've made it in the building as the bomb went off. I just don't know. I can't imagine the show without any of them.
    Ziva already signed for next season, unknown for tony, mcgee, abbey, vance, and palmer...........next couple of months we know who stay or who dies when they signed a new contract.......

The gadget show, from last monday
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anyone see the series finale of House last night? I'm curious as to what happened. I caught the documentary's first half hour, but didn't see the latter half, or the entirety of the episode.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Anyone see the series finale of House last night? I'm curious as to what happened. I caught the documentary's first half hour, but didn't see the latter half, or the entirety of the episode.

I did. :((
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, mind giving me a recap? My buddy - who is also an avid House fan - told me a tiny bit, but I suppose it would make more sense if I had watched the entire episode. I don't have a Dish Network satellite in my room, and the other two were in use.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, mind giving me a recap? My buddy - who is also an avid House fan - told me a tiny bit, but I suppose it would make more sense if I had watched the entire episode. I don't have a Dish Network satellite in my room, and the other two were in use.

Sure.
    House is seen in a burning building at the start of the episode next to the dead patient of the week. Through flashbacks and talks with past characters like Kutner and Amber, House battles with himself to commit suicide and die to escape the impending jail time and therefore won't be able to see Wilson's last days out. House ultimately decides to live, seeing that time with Wilson is more important. In the episode House connects to the patient, who is also an addict, and we find out he has Lou Gehrig's disease and has not much time left to live. House also argues with Foreman while Foreman himself is trying to fix a wobbling table.He agrees to take the wrap for House, maybe saving him from a conviction. Wilson and Foreman are trying to find a missing House while he is in the burning building, eventually tracing his location near the patient's home. We assume House started the fire to kill himself, but are unsure how the patient died. House decides to live, exiting the building where Foreman and Wilson have come to, when the roof collapses and the building explodes. A body is taken from the building and identified as House. At House's funeral everyone gives kind words to House and his memory, while an angered Wilson calls him a selfish jerk, the truth. He gets a text saying OH SHUT UP PLEASE, and drives to a curb to find House sitting there, having faked his death by switching the dental records of the patient whose corpes it really was. House has made the choice to put someone first and spend Wilson's last months with him, doing whatever he wants. Wilson tells House he has ruined his life and occupation, but House says he is dead, and can start new. Little scenes play out, showing the effect House's death has had. Chase now runs House's department, with Park and Adams under him, Cameron is married with kids, and Taub is with his wife and child, all happy. Foreman finds House's doctor's ID under the table he tried to level, and smiles as we can guess he knows House is alive but won't tell on him. The final scene is House and Wilson, both in leather jackets and on motorcycles. Wilson warns House that things won't be easy when the cancer worsens, but House retorts that "cancer's boring". The two ride off as the camera pans out, and the series ends.

Here is a great overview of the episode as well:
    http://blogcritics.org/video/article/tv-review-house-everybody-dies/
    Wow, that's an extremely beautiful summary. I bet it was really, really hard to watch. I'm sure I would have teared up.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Wow, that's an extremely beautiful summary. I bet it was really, really hard to watch. I'm sure I would have teared up.
    The moment the roof fell on House to the fade to black I was in tears. House means so much to me, and has truly been one of the greatest shows and characters around. Hugh's talent is unmatched and I always learn a lesson every episode, feeling either pain or joy at House's ups and downs. A complex character for a brilliantly run series. I'll miss it so terribly. There'll always be re-runs though, and if there aren't I'll get them on DVD.