DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Cool. Then BOM is threading dangerously behind. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Cool. Then BOM is threading dangerously behind. ;-)

@DarthDimi BOM is dangerously behind since they updated their website. The few charts they didn't put under a paywall (20 dollars a month to access them? No thanks!) are all either wrong, or outdated.
    Interesting. So if I want the latest BO results, where should I go, @DaltonCraig007?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DarthDimi https://www.the-numbers.com/ should satisfy you. :)
    Thanks, mate!
    Joker has now passed the $900 million milestone.
    I'm really happy for DC, WB and, of course, the people making this film. This may break us free from the Marvel template.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @DarthDimi I would like to see a sequel focused on a fully formed/realized Joker with Todd Phillips + Joaquin Phoenix having full creative control once more.

As Phoenix himself said in an interview, "Long before the release or before we had any idea if it would be successful, we talked about sequels. In the second or third week of shooting, I was like, ‘Todd, can you start working on a sequel? There’s way too much to explore.’ It was kind of in jest -- but not really."
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    edited November 2019 Posts: 373
    Joker has proved that the comic book movie is capable of so much more. Whereas before I predicted that the genre could run out of steam soon... this movie has done (what I thought was) the impossible - and opened up an awful lot of new opportunities.
    I think that will be this movie's greatest legacy.

Also @DarthDimi - I think the Marvel template is perfectly fine. They can keep doing what they're doing - and DC can go off in these weird uncharted directions... I think there's room for both.
    Matthew McConaughey rumoured to play Harvey Dent in The Batman.

maxresdefault-7.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

maxresdefault-7.jpg

That would be good casting
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Robert Pattinson is now training with Rigan Machado, “an 8th degree red and black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu who also trained Keanu Reeves for the John Wick films.”

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/11/05/the-batman-robert-pattinson-learning-jiu-jitsu-to-beat-up-all-of-matt-reeves-villains

(Also McConaughey would be a great choice.)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

maxresdefault-7.jpg

That would be good casting

Agreed. Great choice.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    edited November 2019 Posts: 373

maxresdefault-7.jpg

You'll get no complaints from me! Although having said that I thing McConaughey would be a better hero than a baddie. He'd be a PERFECT Booster Gold.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    BondStu wrote: »

maxresdefault-7.jpg

You'll get no complaints from me! Although having said that I thing McConaughey would be a better hero than a baddie. He'd be a PERFECT Booster Gold.

Maybe Harvey Dent won't Two-Face in this movie.
    Great choice for Harvey Dent!!!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited November 2019 Posts: 1,257

I don’t know about this choice. With his talents, I feel he would be better suited for the Penguin or something.

Edit:
    And with that said, apparently Colin Farrell is being eyed for the Penguin.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/colin-farrell-the-penguin-batman-movie-cast-1202766532/
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five Check my post again, I edited it with another big news. ;-)
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five Check my post again, I edited it with another big news. ;-)

Haha, I just edited my post too
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Serkis is better suited to play one of the Rogues Gallery, Dalton should be Alfred
  • I just can't see Serkis as Alfred. I don't like it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think it could be interesting and I trust Reeves, but I have always seen Serkis as the Penguin
    I'd love to have both Serkis and Farrell in the film but I feel their rumored roles are completely wrong for them. Serkis' talents would simply be wasted as Alfred, and I don't really see Farrell as the Penguin at all. I think Farrell would actually be a pretty good Harvey Dent though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think if these are true, for a lot of people it'll depend on how they look and how play the characters, and with both Serkis and Farrell are very talented actors, and especially good character actors, it only boad well for these choices and the film itself.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'd love to have both Serkis and Farrell in the film but I feel their rumored roles are completely wrong for them. Serkis' talents would simply be wasted as Alfred, and I don't really see Farrell as the Penguin at all. I think Farrell would actually be a pretty good Harvey Dent though.

Farrell would have been a better choice for Roman Sionis than Ewan McGregor was.

Farrell would have been a better choice for Roman Sionis than Ewan McGregor was.

Absolutely. I like McGregor, but he seems completely wrong for that role. Granted, from what we’ve seen so far, they don’t necessarily seem to be aiming for a traditional portrayal of the character. I dislike most of the casting choices for BoP so it’s tough to really care much at this point.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Absolutely. I like McGregor, but he seems completely wrong for that role. Granted, from what we’ve seen so far, they don’t necessarily seem to be aiming for a traditional portrayal of the character. I dislike most of the casting choices for BoP so it’s tough to really care much at this point.

It doesn't help that they've really bastardised the character, either.
    Have to say I am impressed with some of the names linked to this movie! :-bd