DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad to be rated R.

https://collider.com/birds-of-prey-suicide-squad-2-rated-r/

sigh it will take a lot to get me there
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »

I'd sit down for The Suicide Squad long before Harley Quinn (Guest Starring the Birds of Prey). That movie just looks like trash somebody swallowed and spit back out.
    Risico007 wrote: »

I'd sit down for The Suicide Squad long before Harley Quinn (Guest Starring the Birds of Prey). That movie just looks like trash somebody swallowed and spit back out.

Which is a shame black mask is one of my faves
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zack Snyder releases an image of Willem Dafoe from Justice League:

kcn51lc053141.jpg

I will be happy to see all unreleased footage in whatever form it takes

Put into context...

Aquaman-Vulko-Trident-Snyder-Cut.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=798&h=407&dpr=1.5

Plus, Mera and Vulko...

9D7507D4-B53D-484B-AF30-68B3580C2E23.jpeg

Some good pics, Snyder gets stick from some folk though personally I think he knows how to film/present great shots
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Joker arriving on digital media on December 17th, and on Blu Ray on January 7th.

----

First trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 arriving this Sunday (December 8th).
  • Joker arriving on digital media on December 17th, and on Blu Ray on January 7th.

----

First trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 arriving this Sunday (December 8th).
    Hopefully it doesn't take the shine off NTTD. But I think 3 days should be plenty of time to make an impact if it's a good trailer.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,376
    Kevin Conroy
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Kevin Conroy

I worry. I worry because all these alternate universe characters could be to cover up a lackluster script. From what I've heard, the script wasn't even finalized until they knew which characters they were going to be able to use, so some may not have much of a role. (This lack of script was why Michael Rosenbaum turned down the offer to reprise his role as Smallville Lex Luthor.) I want this to be good, so very desperately, but I can't deny my skepticism.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    birds-of-prey-ver6-xlg.jpg
    I should take that day off work to stay the hell away from the cinema. That poster looks worse than the already lackluster trailer.
  • I should take that day off work to stay the hell away from the cinema. That poster looks worse than the already lackluster trailer.
    Unfortunately I have to agree.
    First trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 this week-end :

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-1984-first-trailer-ccxp/
    Sneak peak of tomorrow's trailer for Wonder Woman 1984:

Some good pics, Snyder gets stick from some folk though personally I think he knows how to film/present great shots
    Yes, I think that is one thing often overlooked. His storytelling for sure isn´t for everyone, but I too love a lot of his shot compositions.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Gal Gadot in 1984, one of the greatest years of my life, I’m in!
    Interesting
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    That’s a very funky trailer. I approve.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,376
    Gal is the reason I watch this, the trailer is light on action
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Officially PUMPED for the new WW. I love the film and I love the comics. COUNT ME IN!Trailer looks GREAT!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

They filmed some of this where i work.

Once it's released perhaps i'll post some of the pictures i took!
  • I felt impartial to the trailer. I liked how they're changing up the style of the film to differentiate themselves from the first film. However I don't know how Chris Pine is going to come back smoothly, and nothing really leapt out at me. It looked a lot more colorful and I think DC are going in the right direction now, maybe except for Birds of Prey.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Very cool how Blue Monday is incorporated in that trailer.

Looks fun! :-bd
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Joker has now made an excess of 1 billion dollars compared to its budget.

To be honest, I'd never predicted this would actually happen. I had confidence that the film might do 200 million or so, but not over a billion dollars. I'm pleased, though, as this may give DC that much needed boost of confidence that it's not about mimicking Marvel but about becoming its own brand again.
    Very cool how Blue Monday is incorporated in that trailer.

+1 love the music and looking forward to Wonder Woman 84
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    DarthDimi wrote: »

To be honest, I'd never predicted this would actually happen. I had confidence that the film might do 200 million or so, but not over a billion dollars. I'm pleased, though, as this may give DC that much needed boost of confidence that it's not about mimicking Marvel but about becoming its own brand again.

Given they talked about how this was only a one-off film with no connection to any of the other films, I have no doubt now that WB will try to connect this with others and somehow screw it all up because it’s WB.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Given they talked about how this was only a one-off film with no connection to any of the other films, I have no doubt now that WB will try to connect this with others and somehow screw it all up because it’s WB.

That, indeed, is a fear of mine, @MakeshiftPython.